Page 490 of 492 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492 LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Cates ignored Gorgon therefore nothing stops the next writer from ignoring continuity.
    Cates ignored all past continutiy for a mediocre story and to push Beta Ray Bill.
    Inhumans should be written by people that truly cared for them.

Cates ignored Gorgon therefore nothing stops the next writer from ignoring continuity.
    He didn't. People keep pretending he just retconned Gorgon to not be dead when Ewing brought Gorgon back himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He didn't. People keep pretending he just retconned Gorgon to not be dead when Ewing brought Gorgon back himself.
    Cates ignored to explain how Gorgon returned from the planet of the world of the Progenitors. He ignored everything related to the Inhumans in favour of pushing Beta Ray Bill and give the rest of the inhumans the treatment of background characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    You are correct, what he did ignore what Gorgon and Medusa.

You are correct, what he did ignore what Gorgon and Medusa.
    The preceding Lockjaw mini-series already had Black Bolt and Medusa back together. I don't know whose decision it was, but that was before DOI.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Cates ignored to explain how Gorgon returned from the planet of the world of the Progenitors.
    He beat them up and took a ship. Boom. Home now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Cates ignored to explain how Gorgon returned from the planet of the world of the Progenitors. He ignored everything related to the Inhumans in favour of pushing Beta Ray Bill and give the rest of the inhumans the treatment of background characters.
    And the push sucks you could really take BRB out and little of the story changes.

In his defense the inhumans are tricky to write for a capecomic. Non verbal characters, big cast, extremely powerful character, characters that aren't as strong as said character. walk the line of good and bad, history slaves and science experimentation, to a new reader they might appear too similar to the x-men. It's less a challenge of making a good story and more a challenge of getting new people into them. Especially in the wake of the show, IvX, and whatever else. Bill was unnecessary and I can't help but wonder if he changed his John Wick in space idea from BB as John to Bill. It matches up and I wouldn't be surprised if he carried his Bill/lockjaw thing to GOTG. I'd expect that before the royals being there. But hey getting Lockjaw attention would help the rest, it's unlikely he will be completely stolen.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    In his defense the inhumans are tricky to write for a capecomic. Non verbal characters, big cast, extremely powerful character, characters that aren't as strong as said character. walk the line of good and bad, history slaves and science experimentation, to a new reader they might appear too similar to the x-men. It's less a challenge of making a good story and more a challenge of getting new people into them. Especially in the wake of the show, IvX, and whatever else. Bill was unnecessary and I can't help but wonder if he changed his John Wick in space idea from BB as John to Bill. It matches up and I wouldn't be surprised if he carried his Bill/lockjaw thing to GOTG. I'd expect that before the royals being there. But hey getting Lockjaw attention would help the rest, it's unlikely he will be completely stolen.
    It's weird because you would think writers would like a challenge. I think one of the challenges is to get people to pick up their book since they were never given proper exposure elsewhere. Some people buy X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers because they've had lots of media and more stories, so in some aspects they're easier to sell. More people probably read more Daredevil now because they loved the show. Spider-Man and X-Men movies can be bad because they already have a fanbase and the title sells itself. The inhumans didn't have that, so the failure of their show really damaged the IP. They really need a cartoon movie or something that's just them and not just be a guest appearance on a show with more well known characters.

I see the inhumans as a science fiction comic from the 60's. They breathe a gas and are turned inside out because aliens experiented on them then they had the fog that mutated people on Earth. It can go in so many directions.

More Ahura from Universe X

I was happy to see Medusa and Crystal in the F4 wedding special, but man, they were written so poorly. I understand that this was supposed to be a fun issue, but their characterization seemed so old school and out of place at times.

https://ew.com/books/2018/12/14/ms-m...creative-team/

Ms Marvel is being relaunched as the Magnificent Ms. Marvel with Saladin Ahmed on the writing and Minkyu Jung drawing.

willow please take over the royals and our lives