Page 6 of 492 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I think Crystal needs a costume change. Then again, I don't see the point for costumes where the Inhumans are concerned. They aren't superheroes, per se.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I think Crystal needs a costume change. Then again, I don't see the point for costumes where the Inhumans are concerned. They aren't superheroes, per se.
    I don't see the point with the masks. When you're an Inhuman, it's pretty hard to hide. It was said in (I think) the "War of Kings" saga that Inhumans who have a human appearance wear masks for ceremonial reasons, but it's not like everyone in Atillan doesn't know who Black Bolt is. I like Medusa and Crystal having different outfits every panel.

I'd actually be kinda of cool if they made him like unofficial background guy. Where he show up in the background all the time, but he's never named or acknowledged. Then like a year later during a pivotal moment he steps in whoops some ass and saves the day becoming part of the cast.

BANNED

BANNED

I never read much involving the Inhumans, aside some FF or Avengers issues. Nonetheless, I'm quite enjoying Soule's Inhuman. However, I can't help but wonder where Crystal is. I mean, I last recall seeing her in Hickman's FF run. You would think she would have been seen or involved in the events prior and post Infinity.

Any thoughts? What do you think of the series thus far? And am I the only one who loves seeing Medusa as a badass?

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Here's an interesting topic.

If Marvel intends to do an Inhumans film, how do you think they should go about it? Should it take place on Earth or another planet? Either seems possible.

Should it focus on the love triangle between Maximus, Medusa, & Black Bolt? Or should it focus on the bond/rivalry between the brothers? Should the Unspoken be the main antagonist? What do you think, guys and gals?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

If Marvel intends to do an Inhumans film, how do you think they should go about it? Should it take place on Earth or another planet? Either seems possible.

Should it focus on the love triangle between Maximus, Medusa, & Black Bolt? Or should it focus on the bond/rivalry between the brothers? Should the Unspoken be the main antagonist? What do you think, guys and gals?
    As much as I enjoy Maximus, I don't see any way they could write him (or cast him) as a villain that wouldn't be dramatically outclassed by Hiddleston's Loki. So I would say if you put Maximus in the film do it as the zany inventor he's recently been portrayed as.*

As for the movie itself, not sure about genre. A narration from Crystal or Medusa** over the movie might be a good way to convey the more subtle differences between humans and Inhumans. The Royal Family (BB, Medusa et al) would be the main characters, and maybe a human explorer who finds Attilan as an audience surrogate.° The story would play out like 20,000 Leagues or the Time Machine where the "normal" character learns about how this strange world came to be. As for actual conflict, maybe stick with the Time Machine analogy and do the Alpha Primitive revolt.

*Alternatively, make him a full on psychopath and hide him in that box from the 98 mini for the whole movie. Save him for a sequel.
    **Or Maximus, if they go the psychopath angle
    ° The narration could be excerpts from his diary too

BANNED

Also, recent news : Charles Soule's going Marvel exclusive. Could be big implications for Inhumans going forward.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Also, recent news : Charles Soule's going Marvel exclusive. Could be big implications for Inhumans going forward.
    I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

I think it should take cues from Jenkins' Inhumans by telling the story of the Inhumans starting out on Earth and later leaving for space. The movie itself should focus on the Royal Family in general with most of the focus on Medusa, Crystal, Maximus (crazy but not a villain yet), and Black Bolt. With Black Bolt I think that they should make his character sort of a mystery to the audience in that you get to know him through those around him since he can't express himself through traditional means.
    I'll flesh this out more later.

BANNED

[QUOTE=ImprobableQuestion;474806]As much as I enjoy Maximus, I don't see any way they could write him (or cast him) as a villain that wouldn't be dramatically outclassed by Hiddleston's Loki. So I would say if you put Maximus in the film do it as the zany inventor he's recently been portrayed as.*

As for the movie itself, not sure about genre. A narration from Crystal or Medusa** over the movie might be a good way to convey the more subtle differences between humans and Inhumans. The Royal Family (BB, Medusa et al) would be the main characters, and maybe a human explorer who finds Attilan as an audience surrogate.° The story would play out like 20,000 Leagues or the Time Machine where the "normal" character learns about how this strange world came to be. As for actual conflict, maybe stick with the Time Machine analogy and do the Alpha Primitive revolt.

I'm liking "Maximus as zany inventor" these days. The evil-brother-trying-to-steal-the-throne had gone on for decades and it was getting old. And as you say, nobody can do the evil brother better than Hiddleston.

I wish Marvel would reprint the Inhumans first solo series in a new format that doesn't cost $75+.

Also, is Ann Nocenti's Inhumans OGN any good? I haven't ever read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    As much as I enjoy Maximus, I don't see any way they could write him (or cast him) as a villain that wouldn't be dramatically outclassed by Hiddleston's Loki. So I would say if you put Maximus in the film do it as the zany inventor he's recently been portrayed as.*

*Alternatively, make him a full on psychopath and hide him in that box from the 98 mini for the whole movie. Save him for a sequel.
    **Or Maximus, if they go the psychopath angle
    ° The narration could be excerpts from his diary too
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I think it should take cues from Jenkins' Inhumans by telling the story of the Inhumans starting out on Earth and later leaving for space. The movie itself should focus on the Royal Family in general with most of the focus on Medusa, Crystal, Maximus (crazy but not a villain yet), and Black Bolt. With Black Bolt I think that they should make his character sort of a mystery to the audience in that you get to know him through those around him since he can't express himself through traditional means.
    I'll flesh this out more later.
    I agree with both of these. I think if it's written well then the audience would definitely see how incredible Medusa is and how far apart she is set from most female characters in movies. I mean the burden of ruling their nation beside Blackbolt is crazy. He's so closed off and she has to learn to communicate with him through the most subtle and in my opinion frustrating way. It could be easy to become overshadowed but that's not her and she's always a commanding presence.

Inhumans would make a great movie as long as whoever is in charge understands the characters and doesn't try to make the story to muddled.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Sales report!
    In the month of August 2014, Inhuman dropped down to 37,159. That seems pretty terrible, but considering the huge delay from May to August, I don't think it was as disastrous as it could have been. #4 lost just under 3K readers from the previous issue in the same month, so hopefully we'll see this book settle around the 30K range which I think is safe from cancellation. I also hope that this book can pick up some more readers from Axis.

Inhuman #1 58,309 (18th April 2014)
    Inhuman #2 41,810 (45th May 2014)
    Inhuman #3 37,159 (51st August 2014)
    Inhuman #4 34,215 (63rd August 2014)