Page 7 of 492 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 7375
  1. #91
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Here's an interesting topic.

    If Marvel intends to do an Inhumans film, how do you think they should go about it? Should it take place on Earth or another planet? Either seems possible.

    Should it focus on the love triangle between Maximus, Medusa, & Black Bolt? Or should it focus on the bond/rivalry between the brothers? Should the Unspoken be the main antagonist? What do you think, guys and gals?
    I'm not sure who the bad guy would be, but i do have an idea what it could look like. First, while I'm glad that the GOTG writers are working on this, they shouldn't add so much comedy to this movie. The premise of a secret society of heroes ruled by a royal family shouldn't have "dick-message" jokes. It should take itself seriously whenever in Attilan, yes the old comparison to game of thrones is what I'm suggesting but have some slight humor should they go into the outside world which may have some things that would confuse them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  2. #92
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm not sure who the bad guy would be, but i do have an idea what it could look like. First, while I'm glad that the GOTG writers are working on this, they shouldn't add so much comedy to this movie. The premise of a secret society of heroes ruled by a royal family shouldn't have "dick-message" jokes. It should take itself seriously whenever in Attilan, yes the old comparison to game of thrones is what I'm suggesting but have some slight humor should they go into the outside world which may have some things that would confuse them.
    Gunn was primarily responsible got the humor in GOTG and he is not writing the script for InHumans so I don't see this as an issue

  3. #93
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I wish Marvel would reprint the Inhumans first solo series in a new format that doesn't cost $75+.

    Also, is Ann Nocenti's Inhumans OGN any good? I haven't ever read it.
    It has its moments--such as a woman trying to deal with a state-ordered abortion (a reversal of the current social concern). It had its strange moments, such as Gorgon addressing Medusa as, "Baby." The scenes with Maximus were handled well, and put emphasis on the fact that his insanity is a mental illness--not just that he's a meanie. There was some beautiful artwork. I would recommend it; it also had the birth of Prince Ahura.

  4. #94
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama :(
    Posts
    3,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It has its moments--such as a woman trying to deal with a state-ordered abortion (a reversal of the current social concern). It had its strange moments, such as Gorgon addressing Medusa as, "Baby." The scenes with Maximus were handled well, and put emphasis on the fact that his insanity is a mental illness--not just that he's a meanie. There was some beautiful artwork. I would recommend it; it also had the birth of Prince Ahura.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out when I get the chance.

  5. #95
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Have a question. I have read the Inhumans v3/Fantastic Four v3 #51-54 TPB and the story ends with the Royal family on the moon while the rest of the Inhumans are out in space somewhere. In the Young Inhumans series, however, Attilan with the rest of the Inhumans is back on the moon. Was it ever explained how the royal family got their people to come back? I wouldn't really be surprised if they just forgot about that. After all, Silent War didn't get a proper continuation either.

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Remember! Issue 5 is out today and there's been an interesting change of events. If you've seen the covers for future issues you probably can guess it.

  7. #97
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,938

    Default Inhumans & Nuhuman Appreciation

    Origins

    The Inhumans are a race of beings who diverged from mainstream humanity 25000 thousands years ago as a results of genetic experimentation performed on primitive man by the alien Kree at the Kree-built Blue City on the moon. After succeeding in creating this genetically advanced human beings they abandoned them. The Inhumans began developing their own technology and culture and among their chief scientific disciplines was genetics. Their government is based on Genocracy.

    Past Leaders

    Randac was the inhuman geneticist that isolated a chemical catalyst for human mutation - a substance he called Terrigen. Believing the substance to be the key to making great genetic advances he subjected himself to a total immersion in the Terrigen Mist and emerged with mental manipulative powers and was elected to ruler due to his superior powers. He then instituted a program by which every Inhuman could undergo Terrigen treatment if they desired. Centuries later, an Inhuman leader named Gral tired of the discrimination against the non-human looking minority instituted a reign of terror in which the entire population of Attillan was involuntary subjected to the mutagenic Terrigen Mist which transformed three quarters of the population into non-humanoid types and changed their DNA for untold generations and put an end to the segregation of non-humanoids into Mutation Camps.

    Current Leaders
    Blackagar also known as King Black Bolt son to two geneticists parents who subjected him to Terrigen Mist in utero

    Medusalith Amaquelin also known as Queen Medusa daughter to two nutritionists (In her biography it is stated that Medusa frequently visited BB's isolation cell and learned to communicate with him in a special sign language.)

    The Inhuman Royal family includes Maximus, Crystal, Gorgon, Karnak(dead),Triton and Lockjaw.

    The Nuhumans are humans who have Inhuman DNA and undergo transformation when exposed to the Terrigen mist released by BB and since they are popping up on every issue I will let you guys choose who are your favorites. Everything Inhumans & Nuhuman are one of my favorite things about Marvel right now so let us discuss them

    Source: Ann Noccenti's The Inhumans: By Right of Birth
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #98
    Astonishing Member Myetche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    And of course, we can't forget Kamala Khan, the newest and one of the best Inhumans to grace the MU in a long time.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

  9. #99
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,938

    Default

    Yeah lets not forget Kamala Khan as part of the Inhuman.

  10. #100
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    858

  11. #101
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    392

    Default

    was it explained why some of the people with with inhuman DNA were killed when they were exposed to the terrigen cloud?

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    was it explained why some of the people with with inhuman DNA were killed when they were exposed to the terrigen cloud?
    Something about lacking the strength I think.

  13. #103
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama :(
    Posts
    3,692

    Default

    Isn't there already a thread for this lovely bunch?


    Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    was it explained why some of the people with with inhuman DNA were killed when they were exposed to the terrigen cloud?
    Historically, the Inhumans would go through a long process of finding if they are worthy of the terrigen mists, and even then not all of the ones who were exposed to the mists lived. So if you take that principle and apply across the Earth's population, you'll end up with quite a few dead people.

  14. #104
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    The greatest Inhuman of them all?

    I think so!


    Lockjaw FTW!!!!!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  15. #105
    Rookie Member Drucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Historically, the Inhumans would go through a long process of finding if they are worthy of the terrigen mists, and even then not all of the ones who were exposed to the mists lived. So if you take that principle and apply across the Earth's population, you'll end up with quite a few dead people.
    So there would be all of these Inhumans with no evident abilities?
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •