Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thor's #1 thoughts *SPOILERS*

So...
    Is Lawspeaker King Thor?
    Is the guy who tried to get into Manhattan mead hall 616 Odinson?! Why would he still be unworthy?

Sure looks like king Thor. though we saw him get killed in Secret Wars so one or the other could be an alt that's just very similar.

Unworthy Thor may also not be OUR Thor, but another alt.

Basically, I don't think we can think of ANY character on Battleworld save the liferaft survivors, Doom and Strange as exactly OUR versions of the characters. They are ALL different in some way even if they originally came from 616. And there is no guarantee that any character you see DID come from 616, merely a world that's almost but not quite the same.

ANYWAY! I liked it. A good mystery going on, but I do think Jason Aaron is pulling another red herring trick at the end there. Wasn't Loki. We never saw it happen, it cut away to just a big ass lightning bolt from the sky, not Loki's style. The victim of this one-person serial killing spree has waaaaaay more to do with Thor than Loki. I could buy Loki killing his OWN alts, or maybe Thors, but this? no. Doesn't fit. Also, the victims all had their heads smashed in, again, not Loki's style, but it would fit say, someone with a big ass hammer... I think we are definitely dealing with a rogue Thor here. And one of the ones that is actually THOR Thor, not some other character like Groot or whatever. Runey is too obvious, though. I think he's just crude and belligerent, not a killer.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-17-2015 at 09:23 AM.

How about some real Spoilers?

- Preview with the Thors lead by Ultimate Thor are at a dead body. We learn there have been 5 dead bodies, none of which have been identified and not a single bit of evidence.
    - The Thors scatter to find witnesses. RuneThor is kind of a mutie racist.
    - Some Ghostriders appear and they are taken to... thor jail?
    - The head Thor (looks like Old King Thor) meets with Ultimate and Beta Ray and is pissed due to the lack of evidence and progress.
    - Ult Thor meets with forensic Frog Thor who tells him that all 5 woman are the same person.
    - We go to a Thor only bar and see what looks like 616 Thor/Odinson unable to get in becasue he isn't worthy (huh???? a Doom replicate because Thor was worthy before his end)
    - Inside the bar, Beta Ray has been meeting with informants and and has gotten no where. He has one more informant to meet with and decline Ult Thor's invitation to come with him.
    - THe last informant, living in a box, is none other than Loki, who knows about the murders, and knows a truth he won't reveal... then we see lightning and such
    - The Thor's race the location, and Beta Ray is dead.
    - His last words are that the woman's name is...

Jane Foster.

Aaron is ON POINT with this so far.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All-New Member

Glad Jason Aaron has been able to make Thor even more of a joke. Read the issue, this whole idea is ridiculous and I really hope they bring in a writer that respects the character again.

Quote Originally Posted by mournblade94 View Post
    Glad Jason Aaron has been able to make Thor even more of a joke. Read the issue, this whole idea is ridiculous and I really hope they bring in a writer that respects the character again.
    LMAO, this comment reminds me of Batman Inc., which i absolutely loved.

And I loved this issue too.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Early guess. Thororo did it.

Amazing Member

same writer who gave one of the most retarted storyline in the history of retarded storylines during his run on Ghost Rider...why am i not surprised..

I loved this opening issue of Thors. Easily one of the better Secret Wars tie-ins. I'm amazed that the Aaron detractors can still complain about a story featuring alternate reality characters. They're obviously in the minority considering how Thor is selling better than it has in years.

Oh, and of course, Chris Sprouse's art is excellent. I'm glad Marvel was able to lure him into working on one of their titles.

BANNED

Meh, I liked this issue. The premise is pretty intriguing, and I cared enough about Ray's death by the end of the issue to get interested in the mystery. Definitely a step above most of Aaron's work.

That panel of Ultimate Thor putting on surgical gloves over top of his fingerless gloves kills me every time.

I also really liked how the Thors have their own ranking system; Stormbreaker, Thunderer, Berserker. It wasn't 'til near the end of the issue that I caught on that's what the terms were being used for.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    ANYWAY! I liked it. A good mystery going on, but I do think Jason Aaron is pulling another red herring trick at the end there. Wasn't Loki. We never saw it happen, it cut away to just a big ass lightning bolt from the sky, not Loki's style. The victim of this one-person serial killing spree has waaaaaay more to do with Thor than Loki. I could buy Loki killing his OWN alts, or maybe Thors, but this? no. Doesn't fit. Also, the victims all had their heads smashed in, again, not Loki's style, but it would fit say, someone with a big ass hammer... I think we are definitely dealing with a rogue Thor here. And one of the ones that is actually THOR Thor, not some other character like Groot or whatever. Runey is too obvious, though. I think he's just crude and belligerent, not a killer.
    That would seem to be the most likely answer. Perhaps specifically a Thor who has some memory of the world before Battleworld?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Meh, I liked this issue. The premise is pretty intriguing, and I cared enough about Ray's death by the end of the issue to get interested in the mystery. Definitely a step above most of Aaron's work.
    Understandable.

I think it was the Death of Beta Ray Bill that set me off.

I mean Jason Aaron changes Thor,

Then sets up Han Solo with a wife,

Beta Ray is a remaining link, and then he just tanks that one too. I am just really not liking anything by him right now, he seems to want to change things for the sake of CHANGE alone, with no good reasoning.

All-New Member

Beta Ray is a remaining link, and then he just tanks that one too. I am just really not liking anything by him right now, he seems to want to change things for the sake of CHANGE alone, with no good reasoning.
    None of these characters are the 616 versions. You don't think the death of one is going to matter when things reset at the end of the Event, do you?

BANNED

Understandable.

I think it was the Death of Beta Ray Bill that set me off.

I mean Jason Aaron changes Thor,

Then sets up Han Solo with a wife,

If I believed that this was 616 Beta Ray Bill, I'd probably be annoyed too. At the moment though, I'm operating on the assumption that nobody on Battleworld except Doom, Strange and the life raft survivors is the 'real' version.

I'm not reading any of the Star Wars books, but I really can't imagine Han Solo settling down!

Jason Aaron is on a roll with these Secret Wars tie-ins
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    If I believed that this was 616 Beta Ray Bill, I'd probably be annoyed too. At the moment though, I'm operating on the assumption that nobody on Battleworld except Doom, Strange and the life raft survivors is the 'real' version.

I'm not reading any of the Star Wars books, but I really can't imagine Han Solo settling down!
    Indeed.
    The 616 Beta Ray Bill died with the 616 Marvel Universe of course, in Secret Wars # 1.
    R.i.p. 616 Beta Ray Bill 1983-2015