Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I died during the exchange with Frog Thor.

The whole book is so ludicrous and I loved every second.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No sign of Thor-Girl. Sad, very sad. This was a great opportunity to give her a place again.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The recap page for each issue should be a take on the opening credits of "Cops" or even better "Hill Street Blues."
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-17-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I died during the exchange with Frog Thor.

The whole book is so ludicrous and I loved every second.
    It would be nice if Frog Thor lived on on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret Wars.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Sure looks like king Thor. though we saw him get killed in Secret Wars so one or the other could be an alt that's just very similar.

Unworthy Thor may also not be OUR Thor, but another alt.

Basically, I don't think we can think of ANY character on Battleworld save the liferaft survivors, Doom and Strange as exactly OUR versions of the characters. They are ALL different in some way even if they originally came from 616. And there is no guarantee that any character you see DID come from 616, merely a world that's almost but not quite the same.

ANYWAY! I liked it. A good mystery going on, but I do think Jason Aaron is pulling another red herring trick at the end there. Wasn't Loki. We never saw it happen, it cut away to just a big ass lightning bolt from the sky, not Loki's style. The victim of this one-person serial killing spree has waaaaaay more to do with Thor than Loki. I could buy Loki killing his OWN alts, or maybe Thors, but this? no. Doesn't fit. Also, the victims all had their heads smashed in, again, not Loki's style, but it would fit say, someone with a big ass hammer... I think we are definitely dealing with a rogue Thor here. And one of the ones that is actually THOR Thor, not some other character like Groot or whatever. Runey is too obvious, though. I think he's just crude and belligerent, not a killer.
    Why not? Doom saved them, all he did extra was overwrite memories with fake ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    That panel of Ultimate Thor putting on surgical gloves over top of his fingerless gloves kills me every time.

I also really liked how the Thors have their own ranking system; Stormbreaker, Thunderer, Berserker. It wasn't 'til near the end of the issue that I caught on that's what the terms were being used for.

That would seem to be the most likely answer. Perhaps specifically a Thor who has some memory of the world before Battleworld?
    Could be. I have a hard time picturing any Thor (of the Odinson variety) killing Jane, though. but it was a big multiverse, you never know. And if he does remember his past world, it could cause him to snap. In any case, it was said that the body had been dead for 'months' but the bodies had been moved to locations to be found only within the past week. So obviously there is some elaborate thing going on here, the killer had been killing and hanging on to the bodies for MONTHS, and only now are they allowing them to be found. Clearly, some message is being sent. Does the killer want to remind the Thors of who they used to be in some twisted way?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Why not? Doom saved them, all he did extra was overwrite memories with fake ones.
    Even if they are *technically* the characters that Doom saved from 616, due to the dramatically altered histories/memories, we can't expect them to be just like how they were when the worlds ended. I mean, re-writing memories is pretty huge. If a character has a brand new set of memories and experiences plugged in, they essentially become a new character entirely, no matter how they started out. The person I was replying to was confused why the unworthy Thor here wasn't worthy again, because he had become worthy right before that big fight with the Beyonders. and that's why. He obviously has no memory of becoming worthy again with Doom's whole re-writing of everyone's history. He's superficially very similar to the unworthy Thor running around in Jason Aaron's Thor book, but it's just impossible for him to be the same character in a whole lot of ways. the Thors by necessity had to have their memories altered more than most. I mean, Asgard and his entire family doesn't even exist any more. (or if they do exist, like Loki here, they don't realize they are related) Apparently not a single member of the entire Thor corps had any clue who Jane Foster was. so... yeah. as far as I am concerned, they are not the same characters. (and the same goes for every other character except the liferaft survivors, Doom, and Strange... and Deadpool's ghost, cus the whole 4th wall breaking and all. possibly a couple other exceptions yet to be revealed. I suspect Loki. But not Unworthy Thor.)
    Last edited by Raye; 06-17-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Good Issue.

Even though none of the Thors were the real thing, I liked the story and interactions between them.

Frog Thor is my personal favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No sign of Thor-Girl. Sad, very sad. This was a great opportunity to give her a place again.
    Seeing Thor-Girl would be cool. Also, the Ragnarok from Jeff Parker's DARK AVENGERS run. And Thor 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

Even if they are *technically* the characters that doom saved from 616, due to the dramatically altered histories/memories, we can't expect them to be just like how they were when the worlds ended. I mean, re-writing memories is pretty huge. If a character has a brand new set of memories and experiences plugged in, they essentially become a new character entirely, no matter how they started out. The person I was replying to was confused why the unworthy Thor here wasn't worthy again, because he had become worthy right before that big fight with the Beyonders. and that's why. He obviously has no memory of becoming worthy again with Doom's whole re-writing of everyone's history. He's superficially very similar to the unworthy Thor running around in Jason Aaron's Thor book, but it's just impossible for him to be the same character in a whole lot of ways. the Thors by necessity had to have their memories altered more than most. I mean, Asgard and his entire family doesn't even exist any more. (and the same goes for every other character except the liferaft survivors, Doom, and Strange... and Deadpool's ghost, cus the whole 4th wall breaking and all. possibly a couple other exceptions yet to be revealed. I suspect Loki. But not Unworthy Thor.)
    I suspect those saved by or resurrected by Doom had parts of their recent history erased, such as the 616 Iron Man no longer being the Superior Iron Man. So if the Unworthy Thor was the "real" Thor from Earth-616 it's possible Doom simply undid the stuff from his final battle with the Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I suspect those saved by or resurrected by Doom had parts of their recent history erased, such as the 616 Iron Man no longer being the Superior Iron Man. So if the Unworthy Thor was the "real" Thor from Earth-616 it's possible Doom simply undid the stuff from his final battle with the Beyonders.
    Entirely possible. That would explain why Tony is no longer 'superior' and Thor goes back to being unworthy. thinking about it logically, for at the very least the characters in Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers, they may have to go back before the incursions even started. Otherwise they kinda get stuck in a time loop of sorts. Like, they know they were fighting against all these incursions, and many of them crossed moral boundaries while doing so, so to have them just kinda stop when things get put back is just... odd... A little sad to have those stories just be kinda undone, though. I was enjoying Superior Iron Man I mean, I didn't want him to stay that way forever, but I wasn't looking for a do-over, forget it ever happened situation.

Another thing also just occurred to me about unworthy Thor here. Thor was nowhere near Earth when he (probably) died. If it's that people within an incursion area are the ones who get saved, (but memories rewritten) that means that unworthy Thor here is one of the ones Doom created from scratch because he was unable to save the original. OR he's from an alternate universe where the Beyonders fight just never happened.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-17-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starri View Post
    None of these characters are the 616 versions. You don't think the death of one is going to matter when things reset at the end of the Event, do you?
    So...when you read a story(let's move away from Mu and its history with us as readers and persons for a moment) you can't bond with a character unless you have a pre-existing DEEP knowledge of it? Because speak volume on what the problem wiht comic book fandom nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    She's Jane Foster. She has to appear.

About Loki, I was sure he would remember the truth. The God of Lies can see through the stories of lesser liars. I bet Lady Loki, the Mistress of Secrets knows too.

With regards to worthiness, it's probably worth noting that all these Thors are worthy according to some parameters established by Doom, not Odin.

Regardless of whether or not Doom created the Mjolnirs himself -- forging them out of stars taken from the sky as Kit claims in CAPTAIN MARVEL AND THE CAROL CORPS -- or plucked them out of the last remains of some hundreds of collapsed realities, there can't be much doubt that Doom's influence has altered them in some significant way. Otherwise, I can't imagine that a Thor that serves the will of Doom would be considered worthy.

So, the Odinson we're all familiar with could still be worthy, just not in the eyes of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    She's Jane Foster. She has to appear.
    Not Jane Foster, Thor Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It would be nice if Frog Thor lived on on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret Wars.
    Would be awesome!
    Loved every moment of this book as well. And as all Secret wars comics each offer a small but significant piece of the puzzle that is this "Marvel comics Universe, if Stan Lee was sorcerer supreme and Jack Kirby was Dr. Doom" ordered chaos.
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 06-17-2015 at 01:59 PM.