Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Both

I can afford to not buy anything for a couple years and still have enough to read.
    Same here... have not embarked d journey to clear d 350+ TPBs (mainly) on hand. Procrastination is a bitch

I started typing up my backlog, but it's way too long...

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Yeah... I haven't even read Watchmen. I'm a terrible comic fan.
    Not just Watchmen, you haven't read Daredevil: Born Again or Kingdom Come either? You are a terrible comic fan! JK, I've read a lot of those you've got listed and can assure you that you're going on a fun journey!

I have a lot of single issues to get through at the moment.

And I'm behind on the latest Usagi Yojimbo trade and the last two trade collections for DMZ.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Iron Man Omnibus (Michelinie, Layton, Romita Jr.) - I've read some of it, stopped after reading demon in a bottle, just haven't felt like sitting down and working through more of it yet
    The Wake - I've had this one sitting here for a while, want to just go through it in one go sometime
    The Phantom Stranger Vol 1

Then I need to get around to getting....
    Batgirl Vol 5
    Batwoman Vol 3
    Nightwing Vol 1(90s series, already read all of the new 52 one)
    Fables Vol 3
    Iron Man Epic Collection Total War/War Games/Enemy Within/The Golden Avenger

BANNED

It's so good to see there are others who share my dilemma. I need to stop buying back issues altogether, cut down on new releases, and concentrate on
    reading the gigantic backlog I've accumulated over the last 1 1/2 years. It's embarrassing to admit, but I have at least 5,000 books I need to read already
    and still shop for back issues several times a week, and a stack of new releases every week. Since the chair I used to read in finally wore out completely,
    I've been unable to get comfortable enough to lose myself in a day of reading like I used to do. All that's done is cause frustration and more disappointment
    whenever I unsuccessfully try to relax and read some of them. I hope that when I finish building my home, I can find a chair like I want and get over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Stan Lee Meets... OHC - currently being read at work
    Uncanny X-Force Omnibus - about 40% through this reading at home. My second read this year as I read it digitally first to see if I would enjoy it.
    New Avengers Omnibus - not started
    Fantastic Four Fraction Omnibus - waiting for my mate to gift it to me

But I have loads to read digitally....

Target X
    X-23 Ongoing series
    Kick Ass 1-3
    Complete Farth Ennis Punisher
    NYX second series

.....and I think that's it
    Not as bad now (kinda)

Physical:

Annhilation Conquest Omnibus (2 issues in)
    Marvel Zomnibus
    Fantastic Four Omnibus by Fraction (I'll be getting this from a mate next week, just need to pick it up)
    Onslaught Omnibus (pre-ordered but it'll probably arrive before I'm done with the above)

Digital:

About 25 issues of Marvel Knights Punisher
    The entire Garth Ennis Punisher Max....
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I started typing up my backlog, but it's way too long...

Not just Watchmen, you haven't read Daredevil: Born Again or Kingdom Come either? You are a terrible comic fan! JK, I've read a lot of those you've got listed and can assure you that you're going on a fun journey!
    Hahahaha I know right! I seriously need to get on these, I just have a huge back-log of single issues waiting for me too and I always think I'll make a huge dent in those and then get to the paperbacks and it hasn't happened
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Howard the Duck Omnibus
    X-Men Omnibus 2
    Hulk: Heart of the Atom
    Captain America: War and Remembrance (though I've read most of what's in it)
    Spider-Man: Original Clone Saga
    Starman Omnibus 5&6
    Roots of the Swamp Thing

Amazing Member

H'el on Earth
    Trinity War
    DC New Frontier
    Watchmen
    Futures End Omnibus
    Villains Omnibus
    Uncanny Avengers Omnibus
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Matt Fraction
    Inhumanity

Chew Vol. 2
    Young Avengers Vol. 1-3 (Complete Run)
    100 Bullets Vol. 1

New 52 batman vol 6
    new 52 justice league 1-5
    Justice league Trinity war
    Forever evil
    New avengers omnibus
    Johns gl omnibus 1 @ 2
    Hickmans ff omnibus 1@2
    Civil war

All-New Member

New comic book enthusiast here. I've only got one superhero in mind right now, and he's provided me with enough reading material for at least a year or so! Just got done with Batman: Year One, Gothic, Prey, and Venom. Up next, in reading order:

The Man Who Laughs
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Robin/Batgirl: Year One
    Second Chances
    The Killing Joke
    Death in The Family
    A Lonely Place of Dying (not sure on that title - Tim Drake's introduction)
    Hush
    Under the Red Hood
    Batman & Son
    Batman RIP
    Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin Series (with Dick/Damian as Batman/Robin)
    The Return of Bruce Wayne (I hear it's not so good, but... continuity, y'know)
    Batman Incorporated

Then it's on to the N52, of which I have already read Batman Vol. 1 & 2:

Batman Vol. 3
    Batman Incorporated Vol. 2 & 3
    Batman Eternal Vol. 1
    Nightwing Vol. 1
    Batgirl Vol. 1
    Batman & Robin Vol. 1
    Catwoman Vol. 1
    Suicide Squad Vol. 1

Also now toying with the idea of Action Comics Vol. 1 and Wonder Woman Vol. 1 (I hear good things).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott03 View Post
    New comic book enthusiast here. I've only got one superhero in mind right now, and he's provided me with enough reading material for at least a year or so! Just got done with Batman: Year One, Gothic, Prey, and Venom. Up next, in reading order:

The Man Who Laughs
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Robin/Batgirl: Year One
    Second Chances
    The Killing Joke
    Death in The Family
    A Lonely Place of Dying (not sure on that title - Tim Drake's introduction)
    Hush
    Under the Red Hood
    Batman & Son
    Batman RIP
    Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin Series (with Dick/Damian as Batman/Robin)
    The Return of Bruce Wayne (I hear it's not so good, but... continuity, y'know)
    Batman Incorporated

Then it's on to the N52, of which I have already read Batman Vol. 1 & 2:

Batman Vol. 3
    Batman Incorporated Vol. 2 & 3
    Batman Eternal Vol. 1
    Nightwing Vol. 1
    Batgirl Vol. 1
    Batman & Robin Vol. 1
    Catwoman Vol. 1
    Suicide Squad Vol. 1

Also now toying with the idea of Action Comics Vol. 1 and Wonder Woman Vol. 1 (I hear good things).
    I would recommend reading N52 Batman INC after the non N52 INC because it's one big story and the regular N52 title with Snyder doesn't affect it.
    Also, The Return of Bruce Wayne is very good IMHO but you have to know what happens in Final Crisis to fully appreciate it (also, the ending is very Grant Morrison). I don't say you should read FC right now because it's quite a challenging read for new readers, rather try to find a detailed summary or something.

Robin/Batgirl: Year One is one of my favorite bat books ever!

By Action Comics Vol. 1 and Wonder Woman Vol. 1 you mean the original ones from the 30's and 40's?
    edit: by Batman and Son you mean the story or the collected edition which includes Black Glove? Because you gonna need the Black Glove story as well.
    also: do not miss Gotham Central!!!!

All-New Member

The N52 Action Comics and Wonder Woman. I only went back to the pre-Flashpoint Batman stuff because he is by far my favourite superhero.

I've just been snapping up TPs; what do you mean by a collected edition? Remember, you're talking to a complete newbie here

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott03 View Post
    The N52 Action Comics and Wonder Woman. I only went back to the pre-Flashpoint Batman stuff because he is by far my favourite superhero.

I've just been snapping up TPs; what do you mean by a collected edition? Remember, you're talking to a complete newbie here
    Well, a tpb is a collected edition but what I meant is that there is the 5-6 issue story Batman and Son and there is the 5-6 issues story Batman the Black glove and they were both collected in separate tpb-s. But then both stories were collected in a deluxe hardcover and after that hardcover went out of print DC released a tpb which was basically the contents of the deluxe hc only in a non oversized paperback.
    So if you only have the Batman and Son story you should buy the Black glove trade as well.
    Also, I always forget Time and the Batman which takes place right after RIP but was published during Batman and Robin. Yeah, it's confusing, I love Morrison and his Batman but it's a nightmare to make sense of the reading order.

The N52 WW is really good, Action comics is good but not super awesome, although maybe it will be for a new reader. Everybody expected another All-Star Superman from Morrison but he did something completely different. I liked it but it's not up to All-Star. Although it's an edgier version of the character so maybe a Batman fan would appreciate it more than the silver age homage that is ASS (I love ASS, I'm not too crazy about Batman. If you want truly dark, human and good superhero books you should try the Bendis Daredevil run, for me that run has everything that Batman should have, according to his fans).

I just realized, your list doesn't include The Dark knight returns by Frank Miller. Any particular reason?