Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Default Old Man Logan #2 review spoilers

First I wanna say that the cover lies which is too bad I was looking forward to the battle.

On to spoilers:
    Logan climbs the wall separating him from other domains and is super zed to see a new York skyline. He's confronted by a female Thor possibly from beta ray bills race. After exchanging words she throws a bolt of lightning and fries him. He falls off the wall into a jungle.
    She thor searches but losses track. Logan naked stops at a pond for water. A Bengal tiger is on the other side. It growls at him Logan slowly pops his claws Not really want I got to fight. Logan gets attacked and Logan is forced to kill the tiger.

Afterward he hears twigs breaking and is confronted by AOA Sabretooth who identifies himself as a horseman and makes fun of logans old appearence saying he healed too many times thinking him AOA logan.

The soldiers with him fire on logan making creed mad cause this is his kill cause he earned it he says. Just then a bolt of lightning crashes down logan looks up and says it can't be.

Storm hovers there and says that she can't believe what she's seeing since logan doesn't look the same. She says to me my X-men and logans shocked to see the arrival of:
    Colossus, Iceman, nightcrawler Dazzler. The apocalypse domains X-men from the Age of Apocalypse.

Logan falls asleep emotions running high in his memories. Logan wakes in a mansion. He gets up and walks around seeing an old picture of the classic second genesis team. A voice in his head welcomes him and let's him no this landscape is in his head created from his memories of the school of gifted youngsters. Emma walks out. Logan is understandably confused since his Emma just died. She gets him talking asking him who he is and how his memories make no sense. And once he threatens her Emma ask him can she get him to calm down, cause there are people who want to talk to him. Logan drawn back to reality and is, met by more x-men the AOA versions of:

Blink, storm, rogue, magneto,emma, exodus and iceman.

They of course don't trust him magneto especially thinks he's there to infiltrate them exodus asks how since they, have a logan. OML says what does that mean?

Just then the wall crashes down hearlding the arrival of the horseman of Apocalypse, creed, Essex and one other.

Magneto accuses logan of bringing them. Amy uses his power to fling logan through a wall. He lands looks up and is met by Apocalypse himself.

I have to say it could have been better and the cover lied we didn't get old man logan vs Weapon x. But maybe that's in three. Art was good. I'm getting used to his style. I liked how logan reacted seeing v errs ions of people he thought he killed.it seemed to fast but with bendis that's what you get lol.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 06-17-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Interesting that he is already interacting with other domains. Is Emma OML or AOA Emma?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Aoa emma. The oml emma died in issue one
    X-Men Forever

More Emma? I can't complain! How weird though that Bendis has been using her alternate ones over her 616 character.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Aoa emma. The oml emma died in issue one
    What was this AoA Emma like? Was she the High Human Council one, or the new one we saw in the solicits for the new AoA series?

So the art was great but I kinda wished there had been more to the story. Felt the Emma thing was going for too long or something.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So the art was great but I kinda wished there had been more to the story. Felt the Emma thing was going for too long or something.
    Next issue we get E is for extinction Emma

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bendis already decompressing. Don't worry the story will be finished 5 months after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

What was this AoA Emma like? Was she the High Human Council one, or the new one we saw in the solicits for the new AoA series?
    Neither. She had her powers like in the previous AoA series but was a member of the X-Men rather than a mutant supremacist. That's a win in my book.

All-New Member

issue one,he say the Thors probably taken care of the Ultron thing.
    Issue 2, Why are you dress as a dead man?

Someone not doing their job.

I really enjoyed this issue. It wasn't as great as the first, but it's still good enough to qualify as one of the premier X-books for Secret Wars. This is still Wolverine at his purest. The first issue established him as the rugged, jaded loner that Wolverine hasn't been for years now. This issue established that he still has some emotional wounds that haven't healed. I love how he reacted to meeting the AOA X-men. It clearly affected him. I would have liked to see that effect explored, but the issue felt a bit rushed at times. I notice Bendis tends to do that when he's telling stories that are part of major crossover events. It's nothing too egregious though. The story was still solid and Old Man Logan still carries himself like the Wolverine of old. It makes me look forward to seeing what comes of him now that we know he's sticking around after Secret Wars. Just as I did with the first issue, I did a full review of this one as well. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not recognise all of the Horsemen.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do not recognise all of the Horsemen.
    The horsemen:
    Sabre tooth
    Sinister
    ABYSS?
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Pretty sad this book went from being so good to whatever it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    Bendis already decompressing. Don't worry the story will be finished 5 months after Secret Wars.
    Must be a rush job....
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Scan of Storm in this issue please.