Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

Over the last few years, just when you think things couldn't get any worse; they do. Its hard to imagine there's a happy ending at the end of 'hell on earth', especially after this last issue!! Amazing guttural feeling every time I read an issue of the BPRD now!!

Good question.

You probably don't!

The Claw of Justice!

Did anyone else notice that when the Dark Horse Comics twitter page posted that picture, Ben Stenbeck's name was mentioned? Will he be drawing an upcoming BPRD? Hmm...

Hmmm.. don't know. But unless I missed it we didn't get a Mignolaversity review for this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Hmmm.. don't know. But unless I missed it we didn't get a Mignolaversity review for this one...
    I'm getting back to the site properly mid November. Just a bit snowed under with real life at the moment.

No worries, just surprised there was nothing from anyone over there.

And damn, that was some issue.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    And damn, that was some issue.
    Yeah it was... an incredible last page, too!
    SPOILERS INCOMING

I wonder if McWhirter's submarine is completely gone. They really seemed to put a lot of focus on the soul-powered cannon, so I doubt it's gone completely...

Damn! Things look bad. I really, really don't want to see a dark ending where everyone, or most of our characters die and the world ends. I did not take this journey of almost 25 years just for a depressing, grim ending.

Great issue though.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Damn! Things look bad. I really, really don't want to see a dark ending where everyone, or most of our characters die and the world ends. I did not take this journey of almost 25 years just for a depressing, grim ending.

Great issue though.
    The way things are going, any ending that's not pretty grim seems unlikely... I do hope most of our characters make it through OK. Of course, the Mignolaverse has never shied away from killing off important characters (poor Roger).
    It'll be interesting to see what the ending will be like. I'm more and more convinced with every issue that Arcudi's run will finish the present day BPRD storyline and that the third story cycle is Hellboy and the BPRD.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    . . . I'm more and more convinced with every issue that Arcudi's run will finish the present day BPRD storyline and that the third story cycle is Hellboy and the BPRD.
    Not just B.P.R.D. in Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    The way things are going, any ending that's not pretty grim seems unlikely... I do hope most of our characters make it through OK. Of course, the Mignolaverse has never shied away from killing off important characters (poor Roger).
    It'll be interesting to see what the ending will be like. I'm more and more convinced with every issue that Arcudi's run will finish the present day BPRD storyline and that the third story cycle is Hellboy and the BPRD.
    I imagine it will be an end of the world/rebirth scenario. I just hope the bad guys are defeated and most of our favorite characters survive.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I just hope the bad guys are defeated and most of our favorite characters survive.
    I hope so too. Maybe we'll even see another modern-day appearance of a certain justice obsessed ghostly vigilante... OK, probably not.
    No matter what happens, the ending is sure to be interesting.