Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can't wait till 16th of December. Not only will I get to read the next issue of B.P.R.D but also watch The Force Awakens, Not looking good for our favourite characters in the bureau. I don't care how things turn out, One things for sure these books are worth my time, money and emotional investment.

Amazing Member

I was around two years or so behind on the Mignolaverse. I remember the first time I read Hell on earth, I was quite disappointed. It didn't help that Guy Davis left and suddenly there was 20 artists or so on the book and I never cared much for that. And then there were all of those one shots or two parts that didn't amount to anything and that I could care less about. Well, what a difference it was re reading the whole thing and catching up to nearly the end of Hell on earth. Wow, I was very wrong. Most of the one shots or two parts all had their parts in the story. I remember not caring about the two part with Howard. And yet, here he is now, a recurring character and one of the best and coolest one too. Even mini-series like Sledgehammer 44 ended up being crucial to what's happening right now. Man, Mignola and Arcudi sure do know their world. And the monsters! My god the monsters are awesome! I was in tears when the first Dragon appeared in the first issue of the latest arc. What a ride this will have been. I really wonder where they'll go after Hell on earth. I just hope the series doesn't suffer too much when Arcudi leaves. If there's one book that bores me, it's Abe Sapien, and that's the one book not written by either Mignola or Arcudi. And I love Abe and the art! Yet I just never connected for me. The dialogues don't work. It's barely moving forward. And it's been 29 issues! Let's hope BPRD doesn't suffer the same fate after Hell on earth. Though I doubt it!
    Last edited by fred25_ca; 12-15-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Well this was a dark issue. I can't wait to read 139 now. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well this was a dark issue. I can't wait to read 139 now. Yikes.
    I expect #139 will go darker.

Yeah, I don't think this ends well...

The Claw of Justice!

Wow. That was... shocking.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Man, the Black Flame seems to really have grown in power... he really destroyed Liz and Johann. I hope they're both OK (although I suspect not).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Wow. That was... shocking.
    SPOILERS AHEAD
    spoilers:
    This issue makes me wonder if the Black Flame is turning into another "Nimue", however, instead of being unwillingly consumed by the dragon(or dragons?), he merged with them.
    In The Island, it's revealed that Anum used the secret fire/Vril energy to create Ogdru Jahad, so I guess it's reasonable how it drains the very foundation of its life from Liz and Johaan, thus rendering them powerless.
    But Anum also sealed Ogdru Jahad away, maybe they can also use it to imprison them, again?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2015 at 06:44 PM. Reason: [spoil], not [spoiler]

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, I literally have no idea how this is going to end. It'll be one hell of a ride though.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man, I literally have no idea how this is going to end. It'll be one hell of a ride though.
    I get the feeling it will end badly for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I get the feeling it will end badly for our team.
    I think it already has, I'm pretty sure Johann and Liz are dead and it certainly doesn't look like it's going to get any brighter. When Hellboy first when to Hell my initial thought that was that it would end with Hellboy rounding up Hell's armies and come roaring to the Earth's rescue but as its gone on that's seemed less and less likely.

The Claw of Justice!

I think it already has, I'm pretty sure Johann and Liz are dead and it certainly doesn't look like it's going to get any brighter. When Hellboy first when to Hell my initial thought that was that it would end with Hellboy rounding up Hell's armies and come roaring to the Earth's rescue but as its gone on that's seemed less and less likely.
    THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

I'm really intrigued by the scene with Iosif at the end. I'm interested to see what Varvara will do if she does get let out of her prison... I can't imagine it will go well for Iosif.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

I'm really intrigued by the scene with Iosif at the end. I'm interested to see what Varvara will do if she does get let out of her prison... I can't imagine it will go well for Iosif.
    I think it would be pretty similar to what happened to that guy in Universal Machine, although you never know with Varvara, she could decide to aide him in some way and kill him.

The Claw of Justice!

I think it would be pretty similar to what happened to that guy in Universal Machine, although you never know with Varvara, she could decide to aide him in some way and kill him.
    I think Varvara would help the humans, even if she has her own agenda. She's said stuff about how she finds humans entertaining before, so maybe she'll help them. You never know, though.
    Either way, I don't see Iosif getting out of this one OK. Which is too bad - he's become one of my favorite characters. One of my favorite scenes in the series (from the first BPRD issue I ever read) was his confrontation with Marsten in Reign of the Black Flame. Of course, when I first read it, I had no idea what was going on since the first issue I read was #4 of 5. But still a fantastic scene.

Stay strong. Avoid previews.

Saw that, decided to just wait till tomorrow!