Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Fun issue. Big shot = Ralph. yay!!
    Totally marked out upon seeing Scandal, Rags and Jeanette. I hope all three of them will rejoin SS.

Ventriloquist and Porcelain look prime candidates to kick the bucket though Gail can surprise us. Ralph, if not killed, will probably leave after freeing Sue.
    Last edited by JBladeus; 07-16-2015 at 02:30 AM.

I think this was originally supposed to be #3, and the previous issue #4. I guess both got delayed because Lashley couldn't finish it, so Eaglesham took over. I wonder how it'll be ordered in the trade.

Spectacular Member

Great 4th issue. Things have really turned around with the upgrade to the art and the exit from the boring locked box of the first two issues. I'm beyond thrilled that Gail has introduced Scandal and Jeannette to the new continuity, and it's nice to see them (and Ragdoll) in the book. I'm speculating/hoping that the team will fracture at the end of this first storyline, and that half of them will join up with Scandal/Jeannette/Ragdoll to form a more familiar Six.

And someone's gonna die, eh? I doubt Gail would kill Catman; he's pretty much her baby. Everything good that's been done with that character in the last decade is thanks to her love of the character. Gail's way too attuned to the LGBT crowd to kill a black, genderfluid character, so Porcelain should be safe. Good thing, because I like her. That leaves Ventriloquist, Big Shot, Black Alice, and Strix. I think Big Shot is most likely if it's a straightforward death, but I wouldn't put it past Gail to off Ferdie or Strix so she can keep everyone alive in the end.

I hope that we end up with a lineup of Catman, Scandal, Ragdoll, Jeannette, Strix, and Porcelain. I've never been a big fan of Alice, and I think Ventriloquist is too unstable to last long on a team with Ragdoll. There's only room for one dandy freak on this team, after all.

#4 was great, would've been better if it came out before issue #3 though... I'm really not sure how Ken Lashley can have that long to work on an issue and still only do 8 pages. How do these people get work? Hopefully he is gone.

I think Ventriloquist is the one to die, Big Shot is a traitor so he will be off the team. I think the final lineup will be Catman, Black Alice, Scandal, Ragdoll, Porcelain and Strix. My gut says Jeanette will just be a friend to the team.

Astonishing Member

I'm beginning to wonder about Mockingbird.

He's drawn like Joker; he's seen as Riddler (by Big Shot); and he has Lock Up's modus operandi.

What would Riddler's interest be in a private prison? How could he run it? How could he afford the mercenaries? Why would he care about someone's murder?

Could Mockingbird be someone new? By new, I mean someone Gail is reinventing. I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder about Mockingbird.

He's drawn like Joker; he's seen as Riddler (by Big Shot); and he has Lock Up's modus operandi.

What would Riddler's interest be in a private prison? How could he run it? How could he afford the mercenaries? Why would he care about someone's murder?

Could Mockingbird be someone new? By new, I mean someone Gail is reinventing. I don't know what to think.
    I was thinking the guy that runs the prison and is blackmailing Scandal is just working for Mockingbird (aka Riddler)?

Always Rakzo

Are we talking about the most recent issue here? Boy, people need to start creating new threads.

This was enjoyable and definitely more similar in tone to the old Secret Six series than anything that Simone has done since its cancellation. However, while I do appreciate the return of Scandal, Jeannete and Ragdoll, it seemed like Simone just wanted to give a fanservice overdose.

Loved this ish! All of it - well, Alice was a bit of a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    ... I mean the spelling was a little off but the power-set and day job and suburban house and the wife he loves very much ... seriously, is Big Shot a disguised Ralph Dibny? And if so, WOW, right?
    Whoa. This post/speculation just blew my mind - well, that is if it's true.

I can't really call it speculation at this point. Last issue (Issue 3), Riddler even called him Mr. Dibney.

I really like Stryx in this. Her appearances are small, but she's endearing in a way.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I'm crazy about this book! I'm not entirely sold on Big Shot being Ralph but I'd kinda love it if that is the case. A thought about Mockingbird, if his MO doesn't line up with the Riddler (and it doesn't seem to yet, unless this is all some crazy riddle) it seems entirely possible that Mockingbird is “mocking” the Riddler and is some other mysterious player all together.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

I was amazed at how easily trio of "old-school" members of Secret Six got back into the picture.