Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel Ultimate alliance 1 & 2

Anyone here still play Marvel ultimate alliance ? I know it's a little old but it's still the best super hero game I have ever played, I have the xbox 360 gold edition which included a lot more hero's than the original such as.. Colossus, Hulk, nightcrawler, sabertooth, Hawkeye, venom, Magneto, Doom, cyclops, moonknight and..I probably forgot someone but that's most of them that I can remember off the top of my head. MUA 1 still has the best characters to choose from ( especially if you have the xbox 360 gold edition ) and a old fashioned good comic book story to play through. MUA 2 civil war did not have as many characters to choose from and Thor in the game suffered from bad voice acting and the fact that he could not throw his hammer like he could in the first one. Still the story of the civil war in the game was great and made up a little for those short comings here and there, wish we could get a third MUA but that looks like it's not going to happen sadly. I say that MUA 1 and 2 ( especially 1 ) were the greatest comic book games ever made to date !
    spider-man from 1962 through 2007 R.I.P will miss you always.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I loved both games (as well as X-Men Legends 1 & 2). I have the X-Box 360 version of both as well, but I mostly love the PC version of Ultimate Alliance 1 because you can download mods to add almost any character you want.

BANNED

They're good, they aren't as good as the Freedom Force games, but they're fun. The first Ultimate Alliance game was a lot more fun, both in the characters it let you pick, and what's actually going on in the game. Although the big QTE boss battles of the first game sucked, and all the team-up moves of the second were a nice addition.

Still waiting for one that has the freedom of the Freedom Force games...also the overall comic book feel that game has. Although it seems we won't be getting anymore of those types of games.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Both games are awesome, I wish they'd make a 3rd one. I have both games for PS3.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 is the only reason I still have my 360. I fire it up once in a great, great while. Still a whole lot of fun. I even have my original XBox games of the XMen games which were awesome as well. My Original XBox has been dead for a long time.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

I'm hoping Marvel will release a new one soon. They haven't released a real console game in a long time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The games are being ported to Xbone, PS4 and PC this Tuesday.
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2...imate_alliance

They are insane for wanting both games for $60. $40 is the most I'll do.

That's fantastic! I agree 60 seems just a bit much, but it's still tempting...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The games are being ported to Xbone, PS4 and PC this Tuesday.
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2...imate_alliance

They are insane for wanting both games for $60. $40 is the most I'll do.
    $40 seems too much. Maybe $10, and that's at the most for just those two games. $60 is a pretty crazy asking price for those two games, I mean it's just two games, and really only one of them was even kind of good to begin with. For $60 they should be porting over all the stuff from the other versions into the games, or have the other versions as unlockable, and have the X-Men games there...and even then $60 would still be way too much. What was that Rare Replay game, like $30 for 30 games? And it ain't like there weren't more than two games on that that were better than any one here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    That's fantastic! I agree 60 seems just a bit much, but it's still tempting...
    It's not even kind of tempting, you could probably buy both right now for less than ten bucks. You could probably buy all of Activision's Marvel games from last gen for sixty or less, probably less.

I'm not to surprised they are charging full price for them, after all they are still Marvel games, even if they are nearly a decade old. I liked the first game, never bothered with the second as it didn't sound as good on the lead up to it's release(and everything I've heard afterwards confirmed it). I'll pick them both up if they ever get a decent sale down the line on steam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'm not to surprised they are charging full price for them, after all they are still Marvel games, even if they are nearly a decade old. I liked the first game, never bothered with the second as it didn't sound as good on the lead up to it's release(and everything I've heard afterwards confirmed it). I'll pick them both up if they ever get a decent sale down the line on steam.
    Yeah, they're Marvel games, but that doesn't really mean much in the realm of games. Besides a few here and there, Marvel games aren't exactly known for their quality, and only one of the two games here could really be called good. There are some games that are thought of as the greats, and they didn't cost what a new game would cost when coming out like this. This seems like they're just counting on a lot of people being suckers. Game collections never used to cost anything like this, and they came with more games, and better games. For sixty bucks this shouldnt be just these two games, it should be a whole Activision Marvel collection; and even then sixty is still too much.

And now I'm hearing at Comic-Con, when asked if the DLC characters would be here, they didn't even know.

BANNED

Depends on sales.

But hopefully some modders can get a hold of MUA2 and either make the game more like MUA or give us some more character choices in the game.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'm not to surprised they are charging full price for them, after all they are still Marvel games
    Being Marvel doesn't justify the high price. Marvel hasn't had a blockbuster console game since MvC3. This price tag on decade old games is bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Being Marvel doesn't justify the high price. Marvel hasn't had a blockbuster console game since MvC3. This price tag on decade old games is bull.
    I'm not saying it's justified, that's just the reason why they think they can get away with it, after all this is the same company that is really enjoying putting out 5 dollar #1 issues constantly now. I'm sure some people will buy it just to play as Marvel characters and not really care that it's way overpriced, maybe it will eventually go down to a decent price(personally I would probably pay about 25 at most for the bundle, depending on if it includes all the content and is a decent port).