Page 181 of 267 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    there are people tired of the overexposure of Batman, I'm one of them, yet people don't jump at the chance to piss and moan everytime he appears. so you can miss me with that "sheer exhaustion" noise, respectfully. she doesn't bother me but I'm nowhere close to a fan, however, I recognize that CLEARLY Harley is popular enough to warrant the exposure to DC. just like people justify Batman's overexposure. you can not like a character, that's fine, but people just need to get over the Harley whingeing at this point. it's trite.
    LOL! I agree, I'm one of those PPl too, Batman is overexposed. I make comments on that too. And ok, so Harley doesn't bother like it does other ppl....okay. So what ppl can still have the right to voice their opinions. I mean isn't this a forum dedicated to just that or did I mis-read the forum title.

She was popular bc of her movie coming out, and now the movie is over, so I'm just hoping DC dials back the Harley throat shoving. Marvel did the same thing with Wolverine and Deadpool. At least Marvel Killed off Wolverine for like a year, and Deadpool is starting to recede a bit at least until Deadpool 3 assuming Disney has the stones to make an R rated movie.

I have no idea what Whingeing means. but on it being Trite, maybe it is, but so is ppl complaining about ppl who complain about Harley.

For me it's not just the overexposure but how nonsensical Harley's role and dynamics with other characters end up feeling as a result of said overexposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me it's not just the overexposure but how nonsensical Harley's role and dynamics with other characters end up feeling as a result of said overexposure.
    I don't read the Bat-books but this is my problem with her also. There's no reason when Harley shows up in other characters book it shouldn't end with her being thrown in the slammer or how Harley writers have to make other characters the boring sticks in the mud for her "comedy" standout.

There is no reason for the various times DC teams up her with Diana and makes them act like buddies other than they're their two most popular female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Still the position of where these characters are placed show their importance. Its not a random art at all. How can someone draw something that it can be cropped so nicely? You can clearly see who are the background characters and who are not. Harley is to the right of Batman.
    I don’t think so Joker is on the side that was cropped out and we know for a fact that I’d DC sees anyone as the second most important character in the Bat franchise is him, likewise we know ghost maker is going to be Important to Tynion’s run moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't read the Bat-books but this is my problem with her also. There's no reason when Harley shows up in other characters book it shouldn't end with her being thrown in the slammer or how Harley writers have to make other characters the boring sticks in the mud for her "comedy" standout.

There is no reason for the various times DC teams up her with Diana and makes them act like buddies other than they're their two most popular female characters.
    Most heroes at DC should be in favor of rehabilitation so most of them wouldn’t really be against Harley if she became a hero the problem is( and where I agree with the complaints about Harley hanging around the heroes) that DC never properly conveyed her rehabilitation, she started out as a villain and then she got popular and now she’s a “hero” no growth they just tells she’s good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    Most heroes at DC should be in favor of rehabilitation so most of them wouldn’t really be against Harley if she became a hero the problem is( and where I agree with the complaints about Harley hanging around the heroes) that DC never properly conveyed her rehabilitation, she started out as a villain and then she got popular and now she’s a “hero” no growth they just tells she’s good now.
    Yeah, this is a problem in the main books/most versions of Harley but it was in Injustice where it really grinded my gears how she was on the side of angels despite being as responsible for the events of the series as the Joker was but did nothing to makeup for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, this is a problem in the main books/most versions of Harley but it was in Injustice where it really grinded my gears how she was on the side of angels despite being as responsible for the events of the series as the Joker was but did nothing to makeup for it.
    I remember someone saying in another Thread how DC wanted to have their cake and eat it too when it came to Harley,that they wanted her to be presented as a hero but not lose the bad girl persona she has going on but as a result you get stuff like injustice where characters come off as morally reprehensible for working with her. Think about how DC nit working on her turn is going to effect her stories moving forward, like her inevitable inclusion in the league.

The bat office is pretty much circling the drain creatively I think it's a sign or an omen

Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn
    That's all that sells now
    Those are the only characters getting elseworlds content
    the only characters that seem to be moving this era of Batman
    The hollywood movies aren't going to touch the bat family ever imo that can be taken up by the video games and animated movies but not good enough

The last decade could basically be summed up with Batman and the court of owls
    The 2000s was basically Batman and Hush

We are closing in on 3 decades of no one doing anything with the bat family. Morrison did Batman inc and I think it basically ended up a flop when you look at it in a vacuum
    Once he left no one kept any of his ideas because he set Batman back the way he found him
    Maybe it's time to retire the concept just to come back with a fresh take and appreciate it later nothing is being done with these characters and gotham is their prison. their fans are starting to resent Batman for keeping these characters stuck
    bold for the characters who definitely need help now

Dick can start his own team sink or swim he's an adult not a beholden to Bruce keeping him around is no good

Jason started his own team and does his own thing but that's because of Lobdell someone else will come along and make gotham his cage

Tim has no direction and I'm not sure why there are multiple robins

Damian should have stayed dead. Batman shouldn't have a son. DC has soldiered on but its obvious nobody wants to touch the character or even acknowledge him. Better to just kill him off

Kate is a mess, the tv show is terrible, the comics are worse, and you can't even highlight her familial relationship with Bruce its a bad period for her

Duke is a mess imo, He should have became Robin and he should not have powers. It's too easy to say he doesn't fit in gotham and the setting and that's sad because he brings a much needed change from the clones of Bruce

Cass as Batgirl is an improvement
    Steph could be hurt by Tim's situation but pairing her up with Cass works fine

Alfred is still dead and I guess he's staying dead to make room for more

And then there's even more tertiary characters that pop in and out like Gotham Girl and Bluebird
    It's all too much for one character to support
    DC will truly be on the path to failure when Batman is finished

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The bat office is pretty much circling the drain creatively I think it's a sign or an omen

Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn
    That's all that sells now
    Those are the only characters getting elseworlds content
    the only characters that seem to be moving this era of Batman
    The hollywood movies aren't going to touch the bat family ever imo that can be taken up by the video games and animated movies but not good enough

The last decade could basically be summed up with Batman and the court of owls
    The 2000s was basically Batman and Hush

We are closing in on 3 decades of no one doing anything with the bat family. Morrison did Batman inc and I think it basically ended up a flop when you look at it in a vacuum
    Once he left no one kept any of his ideas because he set Batman back the way he found him
    Maybe it's time to retire the concept just to come back with a fresh take and appreciate it later nothing is being done with these characters and gotham is their prison. their fans are starting to resent Batman for keeping these characters stuck
    bold for the characters who definitely need help now

Dick can start his own team sink or swim he's an adult not a beholden to Bruce keeping him around is no good

Jason started his own team and does his own thing but that's because of Lobdell someone else will come along and make gotham his cage

Tim has no direction and I'm not sure why there are multiple robins

Damian should have stayed dead. Batman shouldn't have a son. DC has soldiered on but its obvious nobody wants to touch the character or even acknowledge him. Better to just kill him off

Kate is a mess, the tv show is terrible, the comics are worse, and you can't even highlight her familial relationship with Bruce its a bad period for her

Duke is a mess imo, He should have became Robin and he should not have powers. It's too easy to say he doesn't fit in gotham and the setting and that's sad because he brings a much needed change from the clones of Bruce

Cass as Batgirl is an improvement
    Steph could be hurt by Tim's situation but pairing her up with Cass works fine

Alfred is still dead and I guess he's staying dead to make room for more

And then there's even more tertiary characters that pop in and out like Gotham Girl and Bluebird
    It's all too much for one character to support
    DC will truly be on the path to failure when Batman is finished
    I’m not sure where your getting the idea that Damion Wayne isn’t popular.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Heck, basically everything in that about those bolded characters is flat wrong.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

So Batman hangs out with Kherubim now? I still haven't wrapped my head around how DC has reconciled THAT with DC comics history.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think Nite-Wing refers to that apart from Thomasi non of the Batman writers in the past years, really used Damian that much as Robin.

Extraordinary Member

We are closing in on 3 decades of no one doing anything with the bat family.
    In the 90s and early 2000s the Batfamily was pretty well used imo.

Morrison did Batman inc and I think it basically ended up a flop when you look at it in a vacuum
    I think that comes down to Inc. just being way to many characters that were added to the allready pretty large Batfamily, and people prefering Batman in Gotham over him travelling to Random locations all over the world.

They do stuff with the bat family, whether it’s good is another story. But they do things. Technically.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-04-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Tim Drake had the 3 mini series that lead to his long running solo of 180 issues.
    Nightwing had a mini that led to the first of many long runs-153 for volume 2.
    Huntress had a mini.
    Jean Paul after leaving Batman had his own solo run for 100 issues.
    Catwoman started the first of many solo runs with a 92 issue run.
    Harley started with a few minis and team book before her solo run.
    Gotham Central went 40 issues.
    Cassandra Cain started her now broken record for an Asian female solo run (by Ms Marvel) and PROVED a title called Batgirl could sell for 72 issues.

Orpheus, Michael Lane, Stephanie Brown, Damian, Luke Fox, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Outsiders, Red Hood, Duke Thomas, Gotham Academy, Ivy, Joker, Punchline, Clown Hunter, Chase, Crispus Attucks, Mother Panic, Jace Fox, Babs Gordon, Jim Gordon and Renee Montoya all either saw a one shot, mini or ongoing or extend arc.

6 characters boast over 100 solo issues. With Cass, Batwoman and Harley needing 1-3 years to do the same.
    5 females have over 50 solo issues.
    8 women have had either a mini, one shot or ongoing
    6 black males have had either an ongoing, one shot or mini.

Let me put it in context-

The ONLY franchise who can come close to this is SPIDER-MAN and he trails big time.

So where is this nothing has been done with them come from?

I am sure Flash and ESPECIALLY Green Lantern fans would love to be in Batman's shoes.