Page 236 of 267 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member

Per a controversial opinion I posted earlier in this thread.

https://www.cbr.com/the-joker-deserv...hat-kills-him/
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Batman's best movies are all animated and no live-action version comes close to these.

And Under the Red Hood is the best Batman movie period. I love and respect the DCAU, Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker are fantastic, but I love the story in Red Hood. Everybody pulls it off perfectly and I hate that Jason Todd has never had a consistent VA. Jensen Ackles should have become a Kevin Conroy Batman/Mark Hamill Joker level staple.

I need to pick up Rh's comics again.

controversial? Well I think the Bat-Blackrock story would make a good movie.

"Old man batman" has become the new "Evil Superman"

I don't think there needs to be a Batgirl and Batwoman at the same time.

Would it be controversial to say that after the first three issues, I'm not impressed by Williamson's run on Batman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Would it be controversial to say that after the first three issues, I'm not impressed by Williamson's run on Batman?
    I think he's a fine writer, personally. I just don't particularly care for his Batman run. It seems like ever since King's run ended, they've really tried to steer this book back into a more traditional superhero direction. Which is fine, but I just found most of the post-King stuff rather uninspiring. Tynion seemed to only really do it to create a bunch of new characters in the hopes of them being used in other media so as to get a hefty pay day (which I can't honestly blame him for since most comic book writers get paid next to nothing). From what I've heard, his Dept. of Truth book is absolutely fantastic, so if I had to guess, that's where most of his passion was.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Ya know, I never really thought about it until all my Batman discussions in the last week, but I think the reason I have always loved Batman Beyond and even preferred it to BLTAS is that it's a "Bat Family" story by its very nature. Terry is our main protagonist who, yes, needs guidance from the older Batman in matters of superheroing, but he in turn gives Bruce guidance in how to live and finally find peace.
    And that's also why Under the Red Hood is my favorite Batman film. Our two leads need each other, both to make the story better and to make each other better.

When discussing elsewhere why I don't like Dark Knight Rises, I noted it's because in Rises Batman just saves himself. In the DCAU, Batman would have died alone and miserable if not for Terry. Jason is also heading to an ugly and bitter end without Bruce. I guess I just prefer stories that aren't centered entirely on Bruce. Alone, he is nothing; a sad wreck of a human being. The only hope any of them have is with each other. The original comic Under the Red Hood I'm reading right now has Alfred himself make a point on this, abut how different and better Bruce is when he has a partner.
    Last edited by NK1988; 02-18-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Ya know, I never really thought about it until all my Batman discussions in the last week, but I think the reason I have always loved Batman Beyond and even preferred it to BLTAS is that it's a "Bat Family" story by its very nature. Terry is our main protagonist who, yes, needs guidance from the older Batman in matters of superheroing, but he in turn gives Bruce guidance in how to live and finally find peace.
    And that's also why Under the Red Hood is my favorite Batman film. Our two leads need each other, both to make the story better and to make each other better.

When discussing elsewhere why I don't like Dark Knight Rises, I noted it's because in Rises Batman just saves himself. In the DCAU, Batman would have died alone and miserable if not for Terry. Jason is also heading to an ugly and bitter end without Bruce. I guess I just prefer stories that aren't centered entirely on Bruce. Alone, he is nothing; a sad wreck of a human being. The only hope any of them have is with each other. The original comic Under the Red Hood I'm reading right now has Alfred himself make a point on this, abut how different and better Bruce is when he has a partner.
    Uh, what was the last thing with Jason you've read?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Uh, what was the last thing with Jason you've read?
    ? I was talking about the animated adaptations. I am reading Under the Red Hood right now but I just used that to supplement the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    ? I was talking about the animated adaptations. I am reading Under the Red Hood right now but I just used that to supplement the movie version.
    Movie version cuts out a lot of stuff that really only serves as filler. But it also cut out a few other things, some of which has been added to Jason's lore since it was made. But one thing to note; in the comics, Jason came alive on his own (the Superboy Prime punch is up in the air for being canon) and dug his way out of his own grave.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I don't think there needs to be a Batgirl and Batwoman at the same time.
    Why? They aren’t really all that similar other then being female?

I don't care for Robin as a concept anymore. I don't mind Batman having a partner for support, I just don't need Robin as a way to fill that need.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Don't know if/how many times we've already had this, but . . .

I don't like Dick and Barbara as a couple.
    It almost feels like "bat-incest".

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't care for Robin as a concept anymore. I don't mind Batman having a partner for support, I just don't need Robin as a way to fill that need.
    The more one thinks about it Robin is an awful concept. What type of hero endangers kids in his care? Batman should be safeguarding children. keeping them far from violent and dangerous situations not giving them costumes and exposing them to even more danger and violence.

batman should partner with meta's or older allies.

I say this as someone whose favourite characters are Robins.