Page 263 of 267 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 3996
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hot female characters sell more.
    Punchline's entire schtick right there. Lol.

I disagree on your Daredevil comment. I think it did have great effect in the present and lead to more interesting stories currently. We just had to put up with a wasted prison arc, a meh Bullseye arc and a weak crossover event to get there.
    That's fair, I was just hoping for something deeper. I feel Bendis did a better job exploring a hero who fell and its wider effects without actually having him kill someone.

However, I am very excited for the whole Daredevil/Punisher thing the two books have going. Zdarsky could bring it full circle if there's only one way to stop Frank, though I'm wary he's going to kill Elektra again.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

That's fair, I was just hoping for something deeper. I feel Bendis did a better job exploring a hero who fell and its wider effects without actually having him kill someone.

However, I am very excited for the whole Daredevil/Punisher thing the two books have going. Zdarsky could bring it full circle if there's only one way to stop Frank, though I'm wary he's going to kill Elektra again.
    It's inevitable because Marvel and DC are cyclical. So I just enjoy the present and don't worry too much about the past or future.

Incredible Member

Robin could work in live action as Titans showcased but it would have to be an adult Robin and an older Bruce. Both Dick and Jason were over 20.
    I strongly disagree. Robin is the Boy Wonder. He should be 15-16 at most. There is no reason at all that a comic-accurate Robin can't work. If you need proof, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHpeVgO2FEk
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 01-17-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I strongly disagree. Robin is the Boy Wonder. He should be 15-16 at most. There is no reason at all that a comic-accurate Robin can't work. If you need proof, watch this:

Robin hasn't always been "the Boy Wonder". Back before he was Nightwing, they dropped the "Boy" for Dick and referred to him as the "Teen Wonder".

Most Batman films go for a dark gritty crime drama tone. Bruce putting a kid in the field would be the height of irresponsibilty.

But truth is I rather skip Robin and the other kid sidekicks. I haven't been into them since high school. I'd prefer Pattinson's Year 2 Batman team up with Bronze Tiger or The Question over Robin.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-17-2023 at 10:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Most Batman films go for a dark gritty crime drama tone.
    If Joker and Two-Face (plus Batman himself) can work in "a dark gritty crime drama tone" then so can Robin.

Bruce putting a kid in the field would be the height of irresponsibilty.
    I know that's a common complaint but this has been addressed in the comics themselves. Firstly Dick Grayson wasn't a regular kid. He was a circus performer who was already used to dangerous risks and even thrived on them. Secondly, it's not like Bruce forced him into it. Dick made it clear that he'd be going after his parents killer whatever happened (which would have gotten him killed), so Bruce trained him so he wouldn't get killed. In this case the irresponsible thing would have been to not train him. At least as his sidekick Batman can keep an eye on him.

But truth is I rather skip Robin and the other kid sidekicks. I haven't been into them since high school. I'd prefer Pattinson's Year 2 Batman team up with Bronze Tiger or The Question over Robin.
    A perfectly valid preference. Personally I think Batman is much better with Robin. They're not called the Dynamic Duo for nothing.

If Joker and Two-Face (plus Batman himself) can work in "a dark gritty crime drama tone" then so can Robin.

I know that's a common complaint but this has been addressed in the comics themselves. Firstly Dick Grayson wasn't a regular kid. He was a circus performer who was already used to dangerous risks and even thrived on them. Secondly, it's not like Bruce forced him into it. Dick made it clear that he'd be going after his parents killer whatever happened (which would have gotten him killed), so Bruce trained him so he wouldn't get killed. In this case the irresponsible thing would have been to not train him. At least as his sidekick Batman can keep an eye on him.

A perfectly valid preference. Personally I think Batman is much better with Robin. They're not called the Dynamic Duo for nothing.
    Robin appealed to me more as a kid. So I rather skip ahead to Jason's red hood days or Dick's time as Nightwing than sit through. I was fine with Katana being Bruce's partner in beware the Batman.

I'm not a Dick Grayson fan so I rather just skip him. The other robins appeal to me more. Or a dark horse choice like Anarky who was rumored to become a Robin after Jason. Anarky feels tailor made for the Reeves/Pattinson Year Two verse so I'd use him instead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Amazing Member

I like that the Joker has a Tragic Origin as Depicted in Killing Joke Comic and Joker 2019 Movie than the Joker who was always Evil even before becoming the Joker as how its Depicted in Jack Nicholson Joker or the Joker from the 90s Animated Batman Series i think the Joker having a Tragic Origin Story creates more depth to the Joker character having a Tragic Origin that dont means you are a Victim they are still Villains but having a Tragic Origin Humanizes the Villains more for me

All Live Action Batman Movies and Spin Offs are Elseworlds for me i think its almost impossible to create a Movie that is 100% faithful to the Comics i think the Brave and the Bold Batman will try to be more faithful to the Comics Mainstream Batman as much as possible in Live Action

Killing Joke its the definitive Story of the Joker in that Comic the Joker explains his Point of View everything its a Joke Life its a Joke

I would like to see more Batman Stories in the Golden Age 1940s or 1950s i think that Batman era is very underrated

Joker has no origin, or shouldn't have. Even Killing Joke says that's not the origin of the Joker, it's more for the plot of the story, of a bad day (that the Joker is wrong, by the way).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Joker shouldn't be a failed comedian since he should be funny
    He also need to be smart and cunning
    Morally dubious
    The only thing the One Bad Day change should be his restrains

Maybe went to college related to chemistry or pharmacy but his passion is comedy
    Later on he can be depressed by life but the cause shouldn't be because he's not a funny comedian

Robin I think we can do live action the way the comic did it
    Have him show up as a kid in a silver age toned movie
    Then as a college student in a bronze age toned movie
    Then finally continue to the darker themed movie as Nightwing
    Same story same backstory but different tone targeted at different audience taste or age group

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Punchline isn't just hot she's stylish
    Though not as much as Harley immediately after she was revealed there are people cosplaying her
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-22-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

There should be more max arcs like Hush, which are good introductory showcases of the Batman comics to newbies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There should be more max arcs like Hush, which are good introductory showcases of the Batman comics to newbies.

I still remember that the Hush storyline started out as part of the regular Batman book. At the time I didn't realize how much it would impact Batman as I was reading each issue. I think the main draw was Jim Lee drawing Batman , that was excellent !!! But we've got to give credit to Jeph Loeb as well for having a really good story to tell and the story became " canon " which at the time I didn't know what would happen.

Until one of the family can stand equal to him for an extended period of time, without being chumped for sake of an event, then Batman will remain the worst mentor in comics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

I would like to see a Different Version of Batman in an Elseworld Comic or a Movie with a Batman who is more similar to the Punisher a Batman who is more a Vigilante than a Hero someone who is Driven by Revenge against Criminals a Batman that is not afraid in Killing Criminals in the First Comics Batman Killed i think there is a lot of Potential in a more Darker take on the Character i would probably be Scared to see a Batman like that in Real Life i think a Realistic Batman should be Scary for Criminals i imagine a Realistic Batman to be similar like the Zodiac but for Criminals i would like to see an Interpretation of Batman like this maybe Todd Phillips Version of Batman will be something similar to this

If Bruce didn't have the no-kill limit, he would be the deadliest person on planet Earth.

Deathstroke, Shiva... would be no problem for him.

This goes for other heroes as well, like Batgirl (Cass), Nightwing and, many underestimate her, Black Canary.