Page 174 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3996
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly... does Selina Kyle make sense as a professional thief without connections to organized crime?
    Honestly have connection with the organized crime isn't synonym to be member of a mafia family, on the contrary the mafia business are opposite to a thief's business.

Extraordinary Member

The whole Mafia Family thing was never really used out side of the Genevieve Valentine run, and in that run Selina wasn't even really Catwoman.
    So it is imo really pretty pointless.

And like I said if they really want to do Mafia Family stories, Huntress is the character created for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Honestly have connection with the organized crime isn't synonym to be member of a mafia family, on the contrary the mafia business are opposite to a thief's business.
    How did Selina sell stolen goods? She had to have some method of disposing of stolen goods. I suppose if someone gives you a contract to steal something that's an inherent method, but the rest of the time?

In the Batman's stories the focus was how Batman would foil the Catwoman's robbery, not how Catwoman would have sold the stolen goods, but we can assume it is something that would be happened out of panel, like it happens often with other fictional thief; see the following answer for more details. Anyway there were stories were it was stated that Catwoman worked for someone, like it happened in the Telltale games or in "No man's land", where she was hired by Batman himself to do something (I don't remember what) in the Lex Luthor house.

Spectacular Member

How did Selina sell stolen goods? She had to have some method of disposing of stolen goods. I suppose if someone gives you a contract to steal something that's an inherent method, but the rest of the time?
    Presumably the same way that Simon Templar, Thomas Crown, Carmen Sandiego, both Arsene Lupins and Oceans‘ 11 move their stolen loot, The Association of Gentleman Fences.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She has a fence. In New 52, her name was Lola, a middle-aged woman, and after she was killed by a mob who found them out, the new one is Gwendolyn Altamont. She's still alive and attended Selina's Bachelorette's Party in Batman Prelude to the Wedding Red Hood issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Fictional characters can still be inspiring, at it's best that's what fiction does.
    I grew up in a backwards conservative rural area, where racism, sexism, homophobia etc was taken for granted. I credit books, and comic books, for showing me a more diverse world, with better values.
    i have so many thoughts about your post that i cant even put into words. you credit comic books for your values and i credit you for choosing to have better values than what your community might have taught.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Anyone who has a fictional character as a role model needs a reality check.
    Kinda the point of literature, don't you think? Characters embody human values and ideals. Things we aspire for. If Samwise Gamgee didn't exist, I would be a different person. He started my love of sidekicks and showed how strength of heart can prevail over physical strength. His speech to Frodo and also when he rejected the One Ring still sticks with me today.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Kinda the point of literature, don't you think? Characters embody human values and ideals. Things we aspire for. If Samwise Gamgee didn't exist, I would be a different person. He started my love of sidekicks and showed how strength of heart can prevail over physical strength. His speech to Frodo and also when he rejected the One Ring still sticks with me today.
    There's a difference between a role model and an inspiration.

Honestly, I often thought she would find ways to donate them.

I don't think that will never happen: for what Harley Quinn's is loved by her fans because they see in her the bad girl who does everything she wants, without caring of the consequences of her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I can add only this mafia connection doesn't add nothing to Catwoman.
    I absolutely agree. But I think it's so very forgettable that it's quite easy to discard. Indeed, I'd venture most don't even know it ever existed.

Honestly... does Selina Kyle make sense as a professional thief without connections to organized crime?
    Absolutely. Her crimes have almost always been solo gigs (especially in the old days). The only connections she needs are a good fence and maybe a money launderer, and those can theoretically be independent themselves.

I often wonder if Kelly should ever be a cannon Robin. I mean with Selina doesn't she generally just donate the money?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I often wonder if Kelly should ever be a cannon Robin. I mean with Selina doesn't she generally just donate the money?
    I thought Kelly was going to become the new actual Robin, after Damian died, and she came to question Bruce what happened to him. (She was tutoring him)

Controversial opinion: I miss when Selina was half-Cuban on her mother’s side.