Page 113 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Brothers can be looked at as father figures too. Bruce and Dick’s relationship is multifaceted and complex. It wears many hats. Big brother/little brother, father/son, teacher/students, hero/rescuee, partners, friends, etc. They are more to each other then just one thing. That’s why it’s such a lovely relationship. Or at least that’s how I see it.
    Yeah that's why out of all relationship in DC they intrigue me most. It's so complex.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Here’s another opinion I doubt you all will agree with:

It’s time to get rid of Joker. Change the whole status quo. Kill him or put him in a coma for several years, just keep him ‘off canvas’. But let it make either Harley or the new version of Joker’s Daughter go for revenge and take over his mantle - costume and all. Let this new female Joker add a very twisted sexual tension to the whole story.
    I'm in for the coma but not for new sexual tension with female Joker because most female villains have sexual tension with Batman. That's not new. Also, Joker's Daughter was originally Dick's generation, and the most recent version is even younger so that's icky. Unless that's the twisted part, but no... with the image of Barbara having sex with Bruce still fresh on memory, I don't want another younger female go near him... even if it's meant to be twisted.

BANNED

Blow a bottle of champagne in the ass of every side kick... HAHHAH Joker would love it... lol

I'm pretty well over the Joker now. And Joker-esque characters (looking at you, Batman Who Laughs). Drop them down a volcano and don't touch them for the next 10 or so years.

I don't think they will add anyone else to the Batfamily. Some of its members are not really overtly involved with them anyway, so adding anyone else does not seem worth the effort.

Retired

Has Arleen Sorkin been completely erased from the memory of fandom? I always think of her as one of the primary creators of Harley Quinn--but I never hear her name mentioned in discussions of Harley anymore. Yet surely all the actresses that have taken on the Harley Quinn persona are following her lead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don't think they will add anyone else to the Batfamily. Some of its members are not really overtly involved with them anyway, so adding anyone else does not seem worth the effort.
    I really don't know - depends on sales. Tim, I felt was introduced because they decided they wanted a Robin again after Jason died. Cass seems to have been created with pure intent to be spun off immediately - made sense, since at the time there Robin and Nigthwing, and Birds of Prey, and I can only assume they were selling well and someone thought yet another Bat-title/Bat-character would bring in the bucks. If they get in that sort of situation again, where it seems like a license to print money, then yeah, another could be created. But there are more now than there were then, of course, so less need for new.

I'm really not sure why Helena Bertinelli was brought into or associated with the Bat-fam even somewhat except as a hold-over from Helena Wayne. Anyone ever heard why they went that route? Like Jean Paul, she didn't seem to stay a constant member.

I never really felt like Kate qualified as Batfam - as in Batman's fam in early days. Despite the later revelation of actual blood connection to Batman. She didn't work with them the same way as some others. To be fair, though, Barbara didn't either, early on (which I liked). She started working with Robin heavily the 1970s Batman Family, but that didn't last long. She really did become deeply enmeshed until the 1990s.

Haven't read Luke Fox stories, but it seems like he was also made to be spun off and not one I'd immediately think of as family.

Duke was used some, but none of them have been in main title much lately. And he got a cousin and a new home - I was cool with that, and thought they might be setting him up for a solo series. But it was not forthcoming and neither has another mini been announced that I know of. But I understand he's appearing in the Outsiders. Never read the title, as I really don't care for the concept of Batman having his own team - always felt like a putdown to the JL and and kind of a manifestation of the Batman-must-be-in-charge thing he's had since the 80s. May be some great stories, but just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm really not sure why Helena Bertinelli was brought into or associated with the Bat-fam even somewhat except as a hold-over from Helena Wayne. Anyone ever heard why they went that route? Like Jean Paul, she didn't seem to stay a constant member.
    Helena's problem was that she wanted to be in the Batfamily, or at least get Batman's approval, but her own methods and Batman's extremely high standards always kept her at arms length even though she was on relatively good terms with Tim, romanced Dick, and became part of Barbara's team.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I really don't know - depends on sales. Tim, I felt was introduced because they decided they wanted a Robin again after Jason died. Cass seems to have been created with pure intent to be spun off immediately - made sense, since at the time there Robin and Nigthwing, and Birds of Prey, and I can only assume they were selling well and someone thought yet another Bat-title/Bat-character would bring in the bucks. If they get in that sort of situation again, where it seems like a license to print money, then yeah, another could be created. But there are more now than there were then, of course, so less need for new.

Since Jason's angry, I wonder where they will ship Dick next year to make Luke the only adult male in the fam to fill the suit.

I never really felt like Kate qualified as Batfam - as in Batman's fam in early days. Despite the later revelation of actual blood connection to Batman. She didn't work with them the same way as some others. To be fair, though, Barbara didn't either, early on (which I liked). She started working with Robin heavily the 1970s Batman Family, but that didn't last long. She really did become deeply enmeshed until the 1990s.

Haven't read Luke Fox stories, but it seems like he was also made to be spun off and not one I'd immediately think of as family.

Duke was used some, but none of them have been in main title much lately. And he got a cousin and a new home - I was cool with that, and thought they might be setting him up for a solo series. But it was not forthcoming and neither has another mini been announced that I know of. But I understand he's appearing in the Outsiders. Never read the title, as I really don't care for the concept of Batman having his own team - always felt like a putdown to the JL and and kind of a manifestation of the Batman-must-be-in-charge thing he's had since the 80s. May be some great stories, but just not my thing.
    Luke Fox was created simply because the original Batwing, who is a member of Batman Inc and the Batman of Congo, didn't sell well. So they made Luke who lives in Gotham and son of Lucius to get Batwing closer to the main Batman setting. His role was to test the most futuristic Fox-Wayne Batsuit tech. That didn't help much. The series was eventually canceled and he's been more of a supporting cast lately.

Since Jason's angry at the moment and Jean Paul's still in space, I wonder where they will ship Dick next year to make Luke the only adult male family member left to fill the main suit.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-24-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Luke Fox was created simply because the original Batwing, who is a member of Batman Inc and the Batman of Congo, didn't sell well. So they made Luke who lives in Gotham and son of Lucius to get Batwing closer to the main Batman setting. His role was to test the most futuristic Fox-Wayne Batsuit tech. That didn't help much. The series was eventually canceled and he's been more of a supporting cast lately.

Since Jason's angry at the moment and Jean Paul's still in space, I wonder where they will ship Dick next year to make Luke the only adult male family member left to fill the main suit.
    That’s easy: Dick will be busy coming to terms with the traumatic experience known as Ric when it’s time to make Luke the big Bat in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Helena's problem was that she wanted to be in the Batfamily, or at least get Batman's approval, but her own methods and Batman's extremely high standards always kept her at arms length even though she was on relatively good terms with Tim, romanced Dick, and became part of Barbara's team.
    No - I mean from an editorial perspective, why did they go that way and associate her with Batman? And didn't he first show up in her book, uninvited, to tell her how wrong she was about everything? I did read it, but it wasn't my favorite, and I liked the issues with him less. Was she less inclined to want to be included or want his approval back when she had her own title? I know she started showing up in Bat-titles well before she joined the BoP, as I remember her showing up in issues of Robin earlier and working with them against Talia/Ra's that one time.

Also, controversial - I'm so sick of everyone trying to win over or impress Batman and think his "extremely high standards" are crap, considering what very low standards he has for his own behavior in other respects. I think he needs to be called onto the carpet more often than he needs to be listened to.

No - I mean from an editorial perspective, why did they go that way and associate her with Batman? And didn't he first show up in her book, uninvited, to tell her how wrong she was about everything? I did read it, but it wasn't my favorite, and I liked the issues with him less. Was she less inclined to want to be included or want his approval back when she had her own title? I know she started showing up in Bat-titles well before she joined the BoP, as I remember her showing up in issues of Robin earlier and working with them against Talia/Ra's that one time.
    Probably because the Huntress mantle felt associated with Batman, so she ended up in Gotham.

Just from my own experience, Helena wanting Batman to accept her has been an issue with her character right up until NML.
    Also, controversial - I'm so sick of everyone trying to win over or impress Batman and think his "extremely high standards" are crap, considering what very low standards he has for his own behavior in other respects. I think he needs to be called onto the carpet more often than he needs to be listened to.
    To be honest, I think he is called onto the carpet more then he is actually listened to. It feels kind of rare for anyone to actually listen when Batman tells them to do something or advises against something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably because the Huntress mantle felt associated with Batman, so she ended up in Gotham.
    And I guess they thought it would improve the sales...

And maybe they wanted a female character, there was no Batgirl or Batwoman at the time only Catwoman, how was iirc more of a villain and not that close to the Batfamily at the time.

Tim, I felt was introduced because they decided they wanted a Robin again after Jason died.
    IIRC Tim was introduced because all of the people paying royalties to be allowed to make "Batman and Robin" lunchboxes and the like were unhappy that there was no longer a Robin.

BANNED

off batwoman. I liked her at the begining and supported her, but later on they gave guns in her hand........ that was sneaky of DC. She didn't have guns at the begining, she was like female gay Batman with batarangs and grapheling guns etc... I liked that but later all of a sudden guns appeared in her hands after her first cancelled run. That pissed me off to no end.... so off her. off jason, off blue bird. I don't want anyone with guns... off all the sidekick brats acutally but i can live with them as long as they don't have guns. If you give them guns, make them villains. Jason was so good when he was villain, OMG the drama of a robin turned out wrong... A failioure of Batman... But now, he's a hero with guns that batman tolerates.... why don't you give your nra crap a rest DC... that's retarded... off him again...

I don't think Batman's marriage with Catwoman should last that long. Batman being that close to anyone for so long, especially somebody who stands for a lot of things he fights against does not seem like a good fit. Unless they both hang it up, which I don't want them to do.