Page 15 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

My Bat family hot takes are that Bluebird is pretty cool and I'm sick of hearing about how smart Tim drake is.

Alfred is a stirrer.

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    My Bat family hot takes are that Bluebird is pretty cool and I'm sick of hearing about how smart Tim drake is.
    Thanks you !

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I agree that Bluebird is pretty cool! Don't mind Tim being smart, though
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yeah I agree on the Tim Drake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree that Bluebird is pretty cool! Don't mind Tim being smart, though
    Ditto for Bluebird.

I don't mind Tim being smart either, but I can see how it being brought up all the time as a propping mechanism by fans can be wearying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Superman forums have a thread like this,only appropriate we reintroduce batman's.

Also i like new 52 red robin suit too.
    Tim has the best robin suits,both his original and one year later.
    You don't know how happy I am to see other like his New 52 suit.

I really love it and I truly miss it. His Rebirth costume feels like such a iconic and uniqueness downgrade to me.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Nightwing has been consistently excellent. The book was awesome in New 52 and it has not let up.

Harley Quinn is getting boring. Crazy is better when it is in smaller doses.

Batwoman needs her own series and should be allowed to get married. The DC rule that the Bat people can't get married is pathetic.

I miss the Talons. I had a love hate feeling about the Court of Owls but I love it when they show up. I could go for another Talon book.

Gail Simone was so great at writing Batgirl that she made it painful to read the absolute crap that followed. Her Birds of Prey was also amazing but the latest incarnation is decent and her time on the book was pre New 52. But I wonder if the Batgirl book needs to be retired for a while to give it some space and have a new strong writer on it because it is sort of drifting into oblivion.

Incredible Member

I've read some comments about people saying that Cass is so capable at fighting that she's unbeatable and thus boring...first of, since when being badass is boring? plus, thats forgetting that she can barely read or write and has lots of trouble doing detective work, even when she tries...plus, i think that i don't need to remind everyone of why Cass is the best, coolest and most badass Batgirl ever (and only Batgirl to have ever been truly respected and taken seriously by everyone) she brought the Batgirl mantle to new heights never seen before or again...i mean, no offense to Babs, Nell and Stephanie, i like them as well, but just compare "Batgirl" as a character and as a concept then, and now, if you do this comparisson all you want to do is laugh afterwards...

Incredible Member

And then people wonder why "their Batgirl" doesn't get treated more seriously or gets to be apart of bigger story-lines, its because the character as a crime-fighter isn't good enough, and doesn't have that much to offer to begin with, which its funny-enough and ironic at the same time.
    Babs is better as Oracle, where she's truly amazing and unique, and can make a real difference.

Incredible Member

Oh, Batgirl villains are kinda weak and lame, they cry...lol, and who do you want her to fight? which note-worthy villain can she take down with Jobbing/PIS?
    Sure, current writting team is bad, the art and style they use for her on the books is just awful and wrong for her character, that all takes its tool, i agree, but even without that, it still wouldn't compare to Cass, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I've read some comments about people saying that Cass is so capable at fighting that she's unbeatable and thus boring...first of, since when being badass is boring? plus, thats forgetting that she can barely read or write and has lots of trouble doing detective work, even when she tries...plus, i think that i don't need to remind everyone of why Cass is the best, coolest and most badass Batgirl ever (and only Batgirl to have ever been truly respected and taken seriously by everyone) she brought the Batgirl mantle to new heights never seen before or again...i mean, no offense to Babs, Nell and Stephanie, i like them as well, but just compare "Batgirl" as a character and as a concept then, and now, if you do this comparisson all you want to do is laugh afterwards...
    Taste is subjective so there really is no right or wrong. You can't berate people who find Cass boring that's just how they feel [not saying they are right mind] There is no best, coolest, worst. It's all down to individual taste. We all gravitate to different things. Your interpretation of how Batgirl as a concept should work varies from that of others and that's okay doesn't mean that their's is laughable.

I like Cass as Orphan, Blackbat and as Batgirl but I would much rather have Babs or Steph in that role. Babs might be more nostalgia but I really enjoyed Steph's run as batgirl.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-01-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Taste is subjective so there really is no right or wrong. You can berate people who find Cass boring that's just how they feel [not saying they are right mind] There is no best, coolest, worst. It's all down to individual taste. We all gravitate to different things. Your interpretation of how Batgirl as a concept should work varies from that others and that okay doesn't mean that their's is laughable.

I like Cass as Orphan, Blackbat and as Batgirl but I would much rather have Babs or Steph in that role. Babs might be more nostalgia but I really enjoyed Steph's run as batgirl.
    You're right, there's no right or wrong on this matters, just personal opinions and views really.
    I was talking about the people that talk as if bringging back Cass wasn't worth it, nobody in the whole family (including Batman) is worth more as fighter than Cass. she can kick anybodies ass while holding back and thats just one of the reasons why i love her

Incredible Member

And like i said, i do like both Babs and Steph, but in different roles, Babs was better as Oracle, for caring about her character its why i say that, it won't be long until the current Batgirl title gets cancelled, and this time i don't think that there will be a relaunch with the same stuff...if you know what i mean, and that could be very bad for Babs.

Extraordinary Member

I don't like to have charcters like Cass, Damian, Batwing and Azrael in the core Batfamily that don't really work in a down to earth "real world" universe like Earth One or the Nolan Verse or a book like Batman Year One.