Page 88 of 267 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3996
    BANNED

Would his real mother`s name be on his birth certificate if she wasn`t there when he was born?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonderscott View Post
    anne hathaway was a decent selina kyle. ::ducks for cover::

Attachment 52390
    i agree!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I can understand why people wouldn't like Death in the Family or find it overrated but I just thought it was so ridiculous with the diplomatic immunity stuff with the Joker, it just made it so much fun to me. Combine that with the brutality of the death of Robin and you have one of the most bizarre stories I've ever read. I love it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    Once upon a time, I needed some extra copies of my birth certificate. It wasn't hard to arrange. Because when government agencies issue a birth certificate, they don't give the one-and-only copy to the parents of the newborn child, and then forget all about it. They also file one or more copies in their own archives, for future use.

Jason's birth certificate had been issued right there in Gotham City, and Batman is supposed to have taught him all about detective work, which would naturally include tracing people's histories through public records. So why couldn't Jason take an hour to run downtown and get a fresh copy, instead of running halfway around the world to start interviewing every woman his father ever knew who had "S" as her first initial?
    I can believe Jason wasn't in the emotional state to use common sense. It's still bad writing but this is the same story that Bruce tells Alfred that Jason was acting like someone looking to die. Though Bruce ignored that fact to chase Joker instead of calling the JLI, which is ironic since diplomatic immunity screwed him over so much during this period.

Anyway what I don't get with the birth certificate? The fact that BRUCE doesn't know who Jason's birth mother is. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't a legal guardian have a copy of his birth certificate? I find it even more unbelievable that Bruce wouldn't know since he looked up Jason's family history before he became Robin. He found out about Catherine and knew about Willi working with Two-Face yet I'm supposed to believe Bruce had no idea who the birth mother was?

The same story also tries to make use believe that Willis Todd had Lady Shiva in his little black book? It never even explains how he knows these women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Would his real mother`s name be on his birth certificate if she wasn`t there when he was born?
    What? How would that happen?
    Last edited by EMarie; 07-31-2017 at 09:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    You may want to reread your question and think about it for a while, and the answer will come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Anne Hathaway was a decent Selina Kyle. ::ducks for cover::
    She was fine. Michelle Pfeiffer on the other hand, I thought was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I found Death in the family to be pretty average.
    You're being kind there.

If you believe that Jason Todd should have stayed dead then by your logic, no teen heroes or sidekicks should have been made or allowed to continue after Death in the Family.

Bruce/Babs is so fucked up and so soapy that it could almost be interesting.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-14-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wein, Conway, and Moench’s Bronze Age Batman runs were better than everything that came after the Crisis.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 03-14-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

Not sure if it's unpopular, but I like Dick Grayson much more as Nightwing than Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wein, Conway, and Moench’s Bronze Age Batman runs we’re better than everything that came after the Crisis.
    Those were some really great runs. One of the best eras.

I’ll follow that up with the opinion that Moench is the most underrated Batman writer.

BANNED

Ok, i will go nuts

Kill all the brats in the most brutal of ways, Lone wolf Batman all the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Ok, i will go nuts

Kill all the brats in the most brutal of ways, Lone wolf Batman all the way !
    Interesting sig then.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wein, Conway, and Moench’s Bronze Age Batman runs were better than everything that came after the Crisis.
    I wouldn't say better than EVERYTHING after Crisis, but I do prefer the Bronze Age, yeah. I'd add Englehart/Rogers to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you believe that Jason Todd should have stayed dead then by your logic, no teen heroes or sidekicks should have been made or allowed to continue after Death in the Family.
    I actually think that should have been the case, because it makes the heroes look irresponsible otherwise. Or better yet, never kill off Jason in the first place and allow audiences to continue suspending their disbelief with teen sidekicks being a good idea. It sucked the fun out of things, casts a pall over everything that came before and after, and gives Bruce dead kid baggage to angst about. No thank you.