Page 166 of 267 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When Stephanie was Batgirl, they should have mentioned her teen pregnancy, and giving the baby away more. Was it mistake, sure, but it gives more layers to her.

Do most Stephanie fans even know about it?
    I'm not sure, but it should've been mentioned. It just seems incredibly callous otherwise.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

There was an editorial mandate not to mention Steph's pregnancy or baby during her Batgirl series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There was an editorial mandate not to mention Steph's pregnancy or baby during her Batgirl series.
    Well, that explains that incredibly bad creative choice.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Did the same thing happen to Selena?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Even then, though, Batman's actions are super illegal.

Even if he doesn't break into active crime scenes, he trespasses like it's a hobby. He commits assault and battery in every 3rd investigation and I don't recall him ever agreeing to testify in court.

From the very start, Batman's actions were/are 90% illegal. The modern Batman has always been acknowledged as an illegal vigilante, and the only reason that prior Batman's weren't, is because it didn't strain disbelief back then.
    I think in a sense one reason why the police let it go is the fact they do need his help.

I have to ask is Batman in part for some villains madness?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did the same thing happen to Selena?
    Yep. Another bad choice. But then again, that kid probably doesn't exist anymore than Stephanie's, Roy Harper's, or Oliver Queen's since the new 52.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think in a sense one reason why the police let it go is the fact they do need his help.

That's been the stated reason, more than once. And really, seeing as how he has a repeat Rogues gallery, he doesn't enable most of the criminals he faces to go free

I have to ask is Batman in part for some villains madness?
    I don't think he should be. I prefer Johns' stance, that Batman provokes his rogues to focus their attention on him, instead of spawning them himself

Was it? Again it wasn’t relevant, and part of the point was for Batgirl to be a new beginning for Steph.

Even then, though, Batman's actions are super illegal.

Even if he doesn't break into active crime scenes, he trespasses like it's a hobby. He commits assault and battery in every 3rd investigation and I don't recall him ever agreeing to testify in court.

From the very start, Batman's actions were/are 90% illegal. The modern Batman has always been acknowledged as an illegal vigilante, and the only reason that prior Batman's weren't, is because it didn't strain disbelief back then.
    Honestly, This is a major reason why I hate ANY kind of storyline like the Superhero registration act.. or whatever they're doing now that makes it illegal for kids to be super heroes...

It has ALWAYS BEEN ILLEGAL TO BE A SUPERHERO!!!! The cops may not push the issue because the bad guy was going to kill a bunch of people... but at no time in any universe has it ever been a 'right' to wear a mask and punch people in the face. The Avengers were a gray area for a long time but they had to jump through a lot of government hoops and background checks to get their clearance... and the authorities cut them slack becuase the cops are useless against someone like Kang the Conquerer.... but masks, secret identities, and brawling in the street is always illegal.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yep. Another bad choice. But then again, that kid probably doesn't exist anymore than Stephanie's, Roy Harper's, or Oliver Queen's since the new 52.
    Honestly, the moment I found out they decided to make them gave the baby away, I knew those babies will never be mentioned again unless they want to make them return as a teenager, angsty or angry. That's just the kind of story I assume they don't want to write in a superhero comic, even before reading it.

I was surprised they even brought the possibility of a baby up, and when I found out they gave it away, I was like... oh. That's more like what I expected.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly, This is a major reason why I hate ANY kind of storyline like the Superhero registration act.. or whatever they're doing now that makes it illegal for kids to be super heroes...

It has ALWAYS BEEN ILLEGAL TO BE A SUPERHERO!!!! The cops may not push the issue because the bad guy was going to kill a bunch of people... but at no time in any universe has it ever been a 'right' to wear a mask and punch people in the face. The Avengers were a gray area for a long time but they had to jump through a lot of government hoops and background checks to get their clearance... and the authorities cut them slack becuase the cops are useless against someone like Kang the Conquerer.... but masks, secret identities, and brawling in the street is always illegal.
    You can handwave some superheroes, though, in a manner you cannot handwave Batman.

Spidey and most superhumans, typically, stumble across villains too powerful for the cops to handle without massive loss of life, same with Thor, Superman, etc. Functionally speaking, they're firefighters, addressing a threat as they see it and then going on their way (typically. Not always, but typically). They possess powers far above human enabling them to handle a crisis quicker with far less loss of life.

The same can't be said for Batman and his clan, though. They are exceptionally trained, but still human (within the confines of comics). And they are always involved in investigations, usually involving breaking and entering, assault and battery and I'm sure a few privacy invasions besides (is Gotham a two party consent state?)

I mean the thing with kid heroes is more if they are human. Look at the Robins. They are in more danger when their first started. I mean dead children doesn't look good. No one is going to go after Batman for Robin dying. Than again they could.

Ultimate Member

I mean the thing with kid heroes is more if they are human. Look at the Robins. They are in more danger when their first started. I mean dead children doesn't look good. No one is going to go after Batman for Robin dying. Than again they could.
    God, I hate that they've killed every single Robin at one time or another

God, I hate that they've killed every single Robin at one time or another
    Wait So they have killed Dick and Tim at some point?

Extraordinary Member

Wait So they have killed Dick and Tim at some point?
    Tim was killed off for a bit.

Dick was “killed off” in universe, where the characters thought he was dead. But the readers knew he was alive the whole time.