Page 211 of 267 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really in stories that are actually set around that time Dick is usually 12, so he is close to Jason's (12) and Tim's (13) original starting ages, than to Damian's (10).
    Dick Grayson age 12 is Miller. Dick was younger.

However the key thing about age isn't that 12-13 yr olds make it work [that is a negative]

The important aspect is the mentor can empathise with the situation of the kid at the time. That is only present in Bruce/Dick and dick/Damian

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Actually, Jason has an origin in which his parents are murdered by Killer Croc.
    Tim witnessed Nightwing’s parents murder and deduced Batman’s identity and was inspired by him. He was training himself. If not for the death of Jason, he wouldn’t have been motivated to seek Batman out, but he did have signs of becoming a vigilante. At least he was capable enough for it.
    Tim is Bruce's greatest failure. There is no logical or valid reason why a man grieving his kid/sidekicks brutal murder should ever take another father's son and proceed to put them in the same dangerous situation.

At that point even a Dounce would hire a meta/an adult unless the goal is to see how many minors you can lead to their death.

His parents didn't die.
    power walking or chin ups in his bedroom doorway don't count.
    Wanting to be part of the team you stan to the point you stalk them and harass them for membership when the last member's seat is still warm is all kinds of red flags.

not something bruce would do. Not something Dick would encourage. Alfred might.

No, he's not. All of Tim's actions were of his own choice. If Batman didn't take him in, he definitely would have struck out on his own.
    Tim trained in martial arts, acrobatics, and gymnastics. His parents may not have died, but they were seldom around, but it doesn't really matter if his parents died or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dick Grayson age 12 is Miller. Dick was younger.
    Actually, it was pre-Miller as well in at least two origin stories going back to the '80s:

61sEZKHPwsL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Batwoman could still do with an Origin title.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Actually, it was pre-Miller as well in at least two origin stories going back to the '80s:

61sEZKHPwsL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The 80's one is 10. Robin Year One's 12, or to be exact, starting middle school.

There's Batwoman Year One in Detective Comics Rebirth

I’m only seeing Batgirl.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I’m only seeing Batgirl.
    Sorry it was Batwoman Begins. It's a two issue story arc, and I don't know if it's collected in Detective Comics or in Batwoman trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . There's Batwoman Year One in Detective Comics Rebirth
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Sorry it was Batwoman Begins. It's a two issue story arc, and I don't know if it's collected in Detective Comics or in Batwoman trade.
    There was "Batwoman Begins!" in 52 #11 (from 2006).

The two-issue Rebirth story was in Detective Comics #948-949
    (which I've never bothered reading)

Those two issues appear to have been collected in Batman: Detective Comics #2 - The Victim Syndicate

Amazing Member

Killing Joke should be an elseworld not of fan of DC waiting to make this story canon
    Three Jokers is overrated the Gotham show do something simillar and dont like it

kid Dick Robin>>> Adult Robin, other Robins, Nightwing
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 09-26-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Killing Joke should be an elseworld not of fan of DC waiting to make this story canon
    Three Jokers is overrated the Gotham show do something simillar and dont like it

kid Dick Robin>>> Adult Robin, other Robins, Nightwing
    Best Dick Grayson was when he was the sidekick of Kal-El.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-26-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

Killing Joke sucks.
    Year One is overrarted and Zero Year is much better than it.
    Tom King's Batman run is the worst run in Batman history since Denny O'Neil saved him in 1970.

I think with how little they use other Batfamily members maybe we should get the Batfam lessen. It's getting too much they are not using all the characters and would rather always just have them there but do nothing. I wouldn't mind if they are just giving their own group so they aren't in the Batfam but still exist. Like Bette will pop up but they don't know what to do with her. I think maybe have her set up Titans West again. Or Misfit be in the Bop but then again she is more BoP. They keep adding to the Batfam but they do it because they don't know what to do with other character it feels to me
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-26-2021 at 08:40 PM.

How has Nightwing not gotten his own sidekick(s) at this point?

That would be "Go" (Detective Comics #858-860).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)