Page 217 of 267 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3996

The original Red Hood look has its merits. Jason Todd should dip into it now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The original Red Hood look has its merits. Jason Todd should dip into it now and again.
    Do you mean "Jason's original Red Hood look" or his predecessor's look?

I'm not sure how Jason would do in a tuxedo.

Speaking of Jason's Red Hood suit, I'm not a fan of having the Bat emblem on characters that don't have "bat" in their name. I get why they do it but I've never been a fan of it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Kate Kane is FUBR after the (still ongoing it seems) CW fiasco.

And I find I no longer care.

Yeah, I heard she still has appearances in the comics, even very recently. But she's still FUBR IMO, at least brand-wise.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Kate Kane is FUBR after the (still ongoing it seems) CW fiasco. And I find I no longer care.
    I don't attach that to the character, it's not Kate's fault or that of the comic book talent that all this drama is happening. It's a real shame that's the effect this all had on you. I get it, nobody named is coming out of the show looking good, but to me that's completely separate from the comics.

Maybe that's in part because I grudgingly made it through the episodes of Batwoman it took to get to Crisis then quit all the CW shows I watched, which IMO had been garbage for years.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I don't attach that to the character, it's not Kate's fault or that of the comic book talent that all this drama is happening. It's a real shame that's the effect this all had on you. I get it, nobody named is coming out of the show looking good, but to me that's completely separate from the comics.
    This thing about linking the TV show / movie versions of characters too closely to the comic book versions especially irks me because I don't care about the TV shows and movies; I read comic books. I often hate when they change what the comic book stories are about JUST to reflect what they're doing in the TV shows and/or movies.
    Like what they've done to comic book version of Nick Fury . . .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This thing about linking the TV show / movie versions of characters too closely to the comic book versions especially irks me because I don't care about the TV shows and movies; I read comic books. I often hate when they change what the comic book stories are about JUST to reflect what they're doing in the TV shows and/or movies.
    Like what they've done to comic book version of Nick Fury . . .
    The whole transition to Fury Jr was really poor. I'd probably have been happier if they just transferred Ultimate Fury over (and I am NOT a fan of the Ultimate Universe, save for Miles).

I definitely feel the same about changing comics just to ape movies and TV. Thank the gods the Bat-costume never got nipples!

I was mostly just sad that Bat-Meal can't enjoy a character anymore because of real world shitiness around the adaptation. That really sucks.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Do you mean "Jason's original Red Hood look" or his predecessor's look?

I'm not sure how Jason would do in a tuxedo.
    We are NOT bringing back this look for Jason. He looks awful in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Did Jason ever go with the tux when he was Red Hood?

Remember, this was waaaaaaaaay back in the day.
    The cover-date was February 1951, well before even I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    But that's the thing, it's not just the show and the horror story BTS there (no one should be hospitalized, paralyzed, or burnt, and/or psychologically abused to create a tv show)
    - a lot of apparent vindictiveness has gone on with the comics over the years as well.

The creative team for her first solo were so upset they quit because editorial wouldn't let them finish the story the way they wanted to, the replacement writer didn't seem like he really wanted to write the character at all because he had her both repeatedly raped and then victim-blamed for it (and IMHO seemed like he wanted to replace her with her sister), and an interview from a few years ago demonstrates that the original writer (of modern Kane) is peeved off with what subsequent writers have done to "his" Kate.

With A Heavy Heart…
    Wednesday September 04th 2013, 10:11 pm

Dear Batwoman readers –

From the moment DC asked us to write Batwoman — a dream project for both of us — we were committed to the unofficial tagline “No Status Quo.” We felt that the series and characters should always be moving forward, to keep changing and evolving. In order to live up to our mantra and ensure that each arc took Batwoman in new directions, we carefully planned plotlines and story beats for at least the first five arcs well before we ever wrote a single issue. We’ve been executing on that plan ever since, making changes whenever we’ve come up with a better idea, but in general remaining consistent to our core vision.

Unfortunately, in recent months, DC has asked us to alter or completely discard many long-standing storylines in ways that we feel compromise the character and the series. We were told to ditch plans for Killer Croc’s origins; forced to drastically alter the original ending of our current arc, which would have defined Batwoman's heroic future in bold new ways; and, most crushingly, prohibited from ever showing Kate and Maggie actually getting married. All of these editorial decisions came at the last minute, and always after a year or more of planning and plotting on our end.

We’ve always understood that, as much as we love the character, Batwoman ultimately belongs to DC. However, the eleventh-hour nature of these changes left us frustrated and angry — because they prevent us from telling the best stories we can. So, after a lot of soul-searching, we’ve decided to leave the book after Issue 26.

We're both heartbroken over leaving, but we feel strongly that you all deserve stories that push the character and the series forward. We can’t reliably do our best work if our plans are scrapped at the last minute, so we’re stepping aside. We are committed to bringing our run to a satisfying conclusion and we think that Issue 26 will leave a lasting impression.

We are extremely thankful for the opportunity to work on Batwoman. It’s been one of the most challenging and rewarding projects of our careers. We’ll always be grateful to everyone who helped us realize 26 issues: Mike Siglain, who brought us onto the project originally; Greg Rucka for inspirationally setting the stage; our amazing artists Amy Reeder, Trevor McCarthy, Pere Perez, Rob Hunter, Walden Wong, Sandu Florea, Richard Friend, Francesco Francavilla, Guy Major, Dave Stewart, and Todd Klein; Larry Ganem, for listening in tough times; and editors Mike Marts, Harvey Richards, Rickey Purdin, and Darren Shan.

And most of all, a huge thank you to everyone who read the book. Hearing your voices, your reactions, your enthusiasm every month was such a joy, so humbling, so rewarding. You guys rock! Because so many of you embraced the series, we were able to complete four arcs, and your passion for Batwoman encouraged us to push ourselves to do our best work with each and every issue.

Thank you for loving Batwoman as much as we do.

Goodbye for now,
    Haden & J H
    http://www.jhwilliams3.com/archives/1826

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/putt...oman-spoilers/

https://www.thefandomentals.com/greg...bout-batwoman/

And I know that disagreements with editorial, and other writers, is nowhere near the level of what has gone on with the TV show - but it all adds up after a while.

Rucka, Williams & Blackman, Rose, Day - all were said to have been passionate about the character. Near as I can tell they all get 'burnt'. Some way more than others of course. I don't follow Day, she doesn't interest me as an actor, but last time I saw anything about her she seemed bitter, perhaps unprofessionally so. Rucka, Williams & Blackman, were probably bitter for a time. And Rose seems...broken I guess, her posts come across as being sent through a haze of rage.

At least Tynion, Bennett, and Andreyko seem to have escaped their involvement with the character unscathed.

Point is, though it's not her fault, Kate is the common denominator. So I just can't enjoy her anymore. Maybe in a few years time, but not for now.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-28-2021 at 12:12 AM. Reason: corrected some names

Did Jason ever go with the tux when he was Red Hood?

Remember, this was waaaaaaaaay back in the day.
    The cover-date was February 1951, well before even I was born.
    No, just the hood and the cape. He wears a suit with a different mask, but that one's just for the cover since it was during the period where he rules Iceberg Lounge. He wore a suit as a civilian boss, and wore his Outlaw costume on the field.

The hood's already ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Why do you think he looks so bad in it?

By the way, that's not Jason on that cover (which came out about 30 years before Jason's first appearance).

I usually don't mind something being over the top, but for a character like Jason, the pill helmet is worse than the face helmet (which is saying something), and awful from a functionality point as well. The cape, well, Jason's criticized capes a few times.

It's just ugly