Page 224 of 267 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian being able to remember his time and experiences in hell is pretty f&*ked up.
    The idea that he would go to hell is stupid and laughable, whether or not one even believes in that type of afterlife. Better to ignore it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah wtf kinda standard did they use sending to hell a ten year old indoctrinated abused victim former murderer who repent and died sacrificing himself to save the girl and save the world

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jason was subjected to victim blaming.
    Jason also victim blames others so it balances out Being serious though, blaming a teenager for his death is messed up, especially as he was trying to save his mother, every member of the Batfamily would have tried to do the same thing in his place. Not a huge fan of blaming Bruce either though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I would argue that it still means something because it’s a factor in him becoming Red Hood.
    That's really only important to Jason really. Whereas, before death became a minor inconvenience in the DC universe, Jason's death was one of the most significant Deaths in comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Jason also victim blames others so it balances out Being serious though, blaming a teenager for his death is messed up, especially as he was trying to save his mother, every member of the Batfamily would have tried to do the same thing in his place. Not a huge fan of blaming Bruce either though.
    Thing is if you read comics set in Dicks or Tims early years, you see them do a lot of pretty reckless stuff, and Dick disobeys Batman or does something really reckless in at least half retroactive Robin stories with him that were published in the last 2 or 3 decades.

So the whole thing with Jason being the reckless one is kind of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thing is if you read comics set in Dicks or Tims early years, you see them do a lot of pretty reckless stuff, and Dick disobeys Batman or does something really reckless in at least half retroactive Robin stories with him that were published in the last 2 or 3 decades.

So the whole thing with Jason being the reckless one is kind of nonsense.
    No one said anything about Jason being the reckless one in this conservation though.

The exact opposite.

The point was made all of the Batfamily would have done the same thing.

Jason isn't the reckless Robin. There's enough evidence to show that they ALL have disobeyed batman at some point.

They have all can be reckless.
    Hell Jason isn't the only Robin whose "recklessness and disobeying batman's orders" resulted in his death.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-03-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    That's really only important to Jason really.
    Yeah…it doesn’t need to be more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah wtf kinda standard did they use sending to hell a ten year old indoctrinated abused victim former murderer who repent and died sacrificing himself to save the girl and save the world
    That was stupid and baffling on a spectacular level.

Expected better of Tomasi. Damian doesn't need additional angst to get us to feel for him. The kid's back story and Death was already more than enough angst fodder.

might have said this before but I'm not sure: Gotham should be a state.

Batman keeps the capital (Gotham City), make Bludhaven a city in the state for Nightwing, and give everyone else their own cities in the state as well; then, instead of trying to sell everyone as a "Bat" character, start approaching and brand them as Gotham characters. this give everyone their own space to do their own things, alleviates the clutteredness of everyone being "batfamily" or "bat-adajecent", while keeping them all under a recognizable brand umbrella that people insists is the reason everyone needs to be "batfamily" or "bat-adajecent".
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Batman keeps the capital (Gotham City), make Bludhaven a city in the state for Nightwing, and give everyone else their own cities in the state as well; then, instead of trying to sell everyone as a "Bat" character, start approaching and brand them as Gotham characters. this give everyone their own space to do their own things, alleviates the clutteredness of everyone being "batfamily" or "bat-adajecent", while keeping them all under a recognizable brand umbrella that people insists is the reason everyone needs to be "batfamily" or "bat-adajecent".
    Gotham is a County (though they also use the name Kane County I don't know which one they're using currently), and Bludhaven's is its own town, but yes on Burnside to be its own town (aesthetically it's already different enough)

Yes. Spread them out. I said multiple times before, based on the current canon, would someone please move half the family to Burnside and Bludhaven, if they're not making them international crimefighter.

Gotham is a County (though they also use the name Kane County I don't know which one they're using currently), and Bludhaven's is its own town, but yes on Burnside to be its own town (aesthetically it's already different enough)

Yes. Spread them out. I said multiple times before, based on the current canon, would someone please move half the family to Burnside and Bludhaven, if they're not making them international crimefighter.
    Steph and Cass may as well be fighting crime in Burnside at this point .

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

+1 to this.
    I mean, it almost is one already. DC should take that last step and made Gotham an actual state. Heck, make Gotham an actual country. It still works fine.

Oracle can still suit up whether she's paralyzed or not.

Gotham City is like New York City.

When people think of "New York City", chances are they think Manhattan (with Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the United Nations, etc.), but Manhattan is only one of five boroughs that make up the city proper. The other four are Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island.

DC needs to do a "evil Batman" story like they also do to Superman (Injustice, the DCEU, various TV episodes of various Superman/JL TV shows, stupid Elseworlds stories, etc) because that is what the kind of Batman story that would interest me. It's a story where Batman breaks his code and then Superman and the rest of the Justice League, and Batman's family would have to take him down. At least it would put that "Batman can beat anybody" nonsensical idea to the ultimate test and see if Batman can beat every hero and villain in the DCU.

If Lois get murdered is enough to make Superman into a monster than it's only fair to see something like that happen to Batman in fact it's long overdue. No redemption, no last minute save, it's a story where Batman is a cold blooded killer and must be stopped.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 12-04-2021 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    DC needs to do a "evil Batman" story like they also do to Superman (Injustice, the DCEU, various TV episodes of various Superman/JL TV shows, stupid Elseworlds stories, etc) because that is what the kind of Batman story that would interest me. It's a story where Batman breaks his code and then Superman and the rest of the Justice League, and Batman's family would have to take him down. At least it would put that "Batman can beat anybody" nonsensical idea to the ultimate test and see if Batman can beat every hero and villain in the DCU.

If Lois get murdered is enough to make Superman into a monster than it's only fair to see something like that happen to Batman in fact it's long overdue. No redemption, no last minute save, it's a story where Batman is a cold blooded killer and must be stopped.
    I feel like an evil Batman would basically be The Batman Who Laughs, it'd suck for anyone who's sick of Batgod because evil Batman would be Batgod on steroids. He'd be made even more capable to explain how a bunch of superheroes and villains can't quickly take him down. The reason Superman is always thecone who is turned evil is partly because of how strong he is. The audience sees him as a JL level threat by himself so there's built in intrigue in the strongest hero taking on the rest by themself.

Obviously not having powers takes that away from Batman, if he was evil everyone's first thought would be Superman or any mid tier and up hero could just swoop into Gotham and put a stop to his antics pretty easily. Plus, Superman is the hero to end all heroes the boy scout, there's less expectation of him going evil than anyone else, especially the dark jerkass running around beating the crap out of criminals and scaring everyone. Most people can see Batman crossing over to an anti-hero or villain, they can't with Superman since he has a goody two shoes rep.

They definitely go overboard with the evil Superman stories but I can see the reasoning behind it. If Disney had to do Elsewhere stories where one of their characters go bad they'd go with Mickey over a more obvious choice like Donald. Superman subverts the expectations fans might have.