Page 147 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So when Bruce dies who becomes Batman? I mean I can't see Tim doing it. Dick I generally don't want to. I mean Damian isn't ready.
    Terry McGinnis

Is he cannon in main earth or just multiverse?

Spectacular Member

main verse future ends brought them to main earth

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman Beyond is canon in New 52 but the canon status in Rebirth is questionable since Rebirth introduces a lot of alternate futures while the character and story that leads up to New 52 Batman Beyond is no longer canon.

Mighty Member

Controversial opinion more about Batman than the family, I have absolutely no problem with the Batgod perception of Batman. The guy as trained his body and mind to be at the pinnacle of human potential and is always pushing himself to greater heights. But somehow some see this as a bad thing. Batman is the only character that some want to be less effective/competent or not the best. Not so for others. Superman must always be the strongest, the best hero. Wonder woman must always be the best warrior, but Batman must be scaled back; he should not be so capable, I don't get it. Jordan and Brady are considered the best in their fields because they train and push themselves to be the best. Bruce did the same and beyond, so I have no issues with him being the best fighter, detective, strategist, tactician, ect. He has earned it over a lifetime of training and dedication. Now that doesn't mean he shouldn't struggle or face adversity, that he shouldn't face setbacks or losses but when he wins people shouldn't start shouting Batgod. Every victory Batman has is earned and he deserves all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    yes he was, why do you think there so many kid sidekicks nowadays. dick was the reason there was a bucky and a teenage spiderman. comics were trying to copy the essence and popularity of robin not to mention detective comics sold more once robin appeared.
    That doesn't mean he was more popular than Batman. Batman also has his share of copycats too.

Does Tim need to be adopted? Why can’t he out of all the robins actually be just have a normal life then became Robin? His parent are still alive and didn’t die. It would be nice to have some of the Batfam not live crazy or sad lives. Bat woman had a reason is dark. Now I’m not saying something bad can’t happen but his parents can still be alive

I actually do like that about Tim too. I like the other Robins
    still considering him their brother, but I also thought I was cool that he seemed to be the only Robin who was allowed to have normal and living parents.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Controversial opinion more about Batman than the family, I have absolutely no problem with the Batgod perception of Batman. The guy as trained his body and mind to be at the pinnacle of human potential and is always pushing himself to greater heights. But somehow some see this as a bad thing. Batman is the only character that some want to be less effective/competent or not the best. Not so for others. Superman must always be the strongest, the best hero. Wonder woman must always be the best warrior, but Batman must be scaled back; he should not be so capable, I don't get it. Jordan and Brady are considered the best in their fields because they train and push themselves to be the best. Bruce did the same and beyond, so I have no issues with him being the best fighter, detective, strategist, tactician, ect. He has earned it over a lifetime of training and dedication. Now that doesn't mean he shouldn't struggle or face adversity, that he shouldn't face setbacks or losses but when he wins people shouldn't start shouting Batgod. Every victory Batman has is earned and he deserves all of them.
    Thanks for this!

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Terry McGinnis
    Damian then Terry.

Ideally it goes the way it did in Batman 700 Terry;s introduction to the main DCu universe and his 1st canon appearance.
    Damian saves baby Terry then raises him, trains him and his cave support similar to Bruce's role in BB
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-10-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It can be one of the problems. And they've been around (and growing) since the Dixon days, so it's not like it's just the comics from the last few years.

Anyway, this is the controversial opinions thread. Not everyone has to love the Bat-Family. Gotham is filled with a bunch of uninteresting spin off characters and they may or may not have a hand in Batman being a boring, one note brooding patriarch, but one can dislike it all around.
    Yes, this is a controversial opinion threat and I'm telling you why I don't think your reasoning for disliking modern Batman makes much sense. Batman has had many solo books and stories for years that have the same Batman personality problem you guys keep complaining about. In fact there are so many it would take forever to write them down so I only used recent examples.
    And I'm not telling you to love the batfamily. I'm explaining to you why your reasoning is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I think most of the added Batfamily members dating back to the Dixon years have proven to create a parasitic effect on the character of Batman.

Many of them take a lot from the character and setting, and have given very little back. Especially in the sense that the city of Gotham feels more diluted with them around, and their interactions with Batman have largely seemed to warp him into a far less likeable character.

I've been saying that for years. Dick and Tim were great. I loved them... but pretty much everyone else took more then they gave. Batman used to be the the great detective using cutting edge tech... Then he started asking Oracle to remotely pick locks and study blueprints over his comms… He used to be the best fighter... then Cass came and took that title. Azrael was 'scary Batman' Spoiler was 'New Tim'. Eventually Batman became a shadow of what he should have been... just to give everyone else stuff that they could excel at.

Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing is personal preference, but I definitely felt an extended family diluted the Darknight Detective.

Actually I think no one should, Batman was born with Bruce and should die with him. Besides does Bruce even want a successor, is he actively grooming anyone to replace him in the future? I think it's the complete opposite, he would actively discourage anyone from taking up the mantle and encourage them to find their own path. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he has a protocol in place to seal or destroy the Batcave after his death. So no I don't think there should be another Batman after Bruce, he is the one and only Batman. Anyone else who takes up the mantle will always be seen as a pretender.
    DC wants there to be a Batman. Bruce Wayne would not. The only way 'New Batman' means anything... is if the rest of the city doesn't realize there IS a 'new' batman. They have to still be scared of the same old unkillable, inhuman, creature of the night that they always were... And of course they'd never fool Two-face, Penguin or Joker... so it's really just the petty thugs he wants the fear put into.

I just don't see Bruce ever planning or expecting for Nightwing to 'die' and Batman to keep going. He's always been focused on raising these kids to be their best possible and create their own identities. But adding in 'Unless I die, then someone else has to kill their own personal ambitions and keep mine alive.

That's just DC pushing their trademarks and $$$$. So IF it ever happened... somone certainly WOULD take the identity, but no, nobody SHOULD... and Bruce wouldn't WANT them to.

If the city knew Batman died.... they'd still be just as scared of getting tore up by Azrael, Arkham Knight, or Nightwing…Heck, if Green Arrow moved to town, they'd be just as concerned about an Arrow. It doesn't need 'Batman' specifically.

Terry's honestly the only other Batman I'll accept. Even if I did enjoy Dick's time in the role, I'll still always prefer all Robins growing into their own identities rather than taking on an name and responsibility that Bruce wouldn't want for any of them. That is a hill I will die on XD

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not so for Superman and Wonder Woman, there can be considerable pushback from other fanbases about their strength.

And Batman gets pushback as the Batgod because he often punches above his weight class, often to the detriment of the super powered hero he takes out, who usually have to forget their skill sets to give him a fighting chance. A Batgod to an extent is needed to justify having him in the JL, which is why Morrison writes the best Bat-God. Because he wrote EVERYONE as a god in his JL run. And in his Batman run he demonstrated how Bruce's Bat-God traits in his own wheelhouse, but his ultimate plan to defeat the Hyper Adapter was still to bring it to the present day and have the JL take care of it. Which is still pretty badass on its own.

I have trouble with Batgod when he goes BEYOND the pinnacle of Human potential. Even by comic book standards he gets completely unrealistic. Being the best detective, psychologist, criminologist, is one thing... as are fields that help him there... chemistry, poisons, medicine, forensics...not to mention one of the greatest fighters in the world. Sure he's spent decades becoming the best he can to beat crime in Gotham... That's who he is and what makes him special.

However, When/Where does he gain the ability to develop teleporters, build/repair Red tornado, build mech suits that can defeat Darkseid… Brother Eye... the list goes on. 'Because he's Batman' is just a lame reasoning for the crap he pulls off. When he's capable of finding fool proof method of stopping Martian Manhunter and hypersonic bullets for Flash, plans to stop Green Lantern and wonder woman.... but can't seem to stop Killer Croc or Clayface… and can't even keep Joker or Two-face locked up... He really needs to question his priorities.