Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267
Results 3,991 to 3,996 of 3996
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Cass and Damian are capable and trained to handle themselves. Tim was a rich kid from the burbs. He wasn't capable when Bruce took him on.

Batman has kind of improved from the 90'-2000's. Duke his last recruit is a meta and he got consent from his guardian. A huge step forward from Tim and steph.
    Luke and Kate, not only are both adults, they are combat training and experience + tech.

Gotham Girl was a step in the right direction but didn't work out.

Batman also noted the fact that Robins weren't the best strategy.

Batman has gotten better and has been trying to improve his recruitment policies.
    Tim wasn't as physically capable as Cass or Damien when he started out, but it was stressed time and again that he had a level head on his shoulders. He deduced Batman's ID and kinda forced himself into the role. But Batman did make an effort to give Tim some decent trainers.

These days, seems like all you need is a domino mask to make it in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Tim wasn't as physically capable as Cass or Damien when he started out, but it was stressed time and again that he had a level head on his shoulders. He deduced Batman's ID and kinda forced himself into the role. But Batman did make an effort to give Tim some decent trainers.

These days, seems like all you need is a domino mask to make it in Gotham.
    Tim works best in teams where he's the techie and the other do the fights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You can also not really equate characters that were introduced in different eras since there was a pretty substantial "power creep" over the years.

And the Batman franchise was way more down to earth back than, than it is now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Tim works best in teams where he's the techie and the other do the fights.
    I prefer him as Bruce's in the field partner.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont know if its controversial but Selinas secret identity being far from secret from EVERYONE - heroes, villains, police....is played out. I hate it.

A big problem with villains knowing the hero's secret identity is that everything becomes personal. The Joker is proof of this, since the New 52 he became a force of nature and everything he does is to affect Bruce. He became Batman's most annoying villain.