Page 87 of 267 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If you're not reading it, or haven't tried it, check out the current RHatO book. Up until Rebirth, I was very firmly in the Jason should have stayed dead camp as I felt nothing good had been done with the character in the comics since his return, but Rebirth has been really good for him.

This has actually happened a couple times.

In Gail Simone's Secret Six, while neither put on a Bat suit or anything, we did get an enjoyable one-issue romp where Bane and Catman try to fill in as heroes while Batman was gone. (With Ragdoll wanting to be Robin) Like the entire run, it was pretty great.

Bane actually DID put on a Batsuit during the events of Forever Evil, but I didn't read that, so I can't tell you how it turned out.
    I haven't got around to Forever Evil but I always thought that would be a pretty cool idea. The man who once tried to destroy Batman in an act of redemption tries to carry the torch.

BANNED

It wasn't an act of redemption though, more like a tactical maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I hate the Batman Beyond comics universe.
    The same But... I hate THE CURRENT Batman Beyond comics universe... I want the old.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The same But... I hate THE CURRENT Batman Beyond comics universe... I want the old.
    I was fine with the Batman Beyond Universe until the Bruce/Barbara baby storyline I hate the idea that this is the thing that breaks up the batfamily and causes Dick to leave. The whole thing felt gross to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post

Christian Bale's voice never bothered me in the Nolan movies. Even after people pointed it out and I re-watched them it never bothered me.

Any type of costume that has too much armor or too much tech just looks like crap. I understand they try to make it look more realistic or extreme or whatever and the Dark Knight Returns/Batman V. Superman armor is alright considering it's temporary but when I look at the Injustice costume I cringe. The character didn't get this popular being Iron Man he got this popular being Batman.

I never liked Jason Todd after he came back from the dead. I was actually surprised to find out a lot of people really like him.

I think Bane is really interesting and I think they should have done a story where he takes over for Batman at some point. Maybe for the One Year Later storyline. I don't remember much about the Batman One Year Later stuff but I think it could have been really interesting.
    We. Are. Everywhere

Amazing Member

Superheavy was a better arc than the Court of Owls. Batman 48-49 impacted me a lot more than seeing Batman get his ass kicked and the introduction of the Illuminati to the Batman mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I'm in that weird paradoxey realm where I really Hate the Batman Beyond universe... but actually liked the show. I thought Terry made a really cool Nightwing/Robin (Never REALLY Batman) and Old Bruce training and mentoring was awesome... but the art style and the heavy computerize future design... was always really 'meh' to me. Too Tron-lite for my tastes. I couldn't buy that as 'the future'. Characters and story? Those were pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I was fine with the Batman Beyond Universe until the Bruce/Barbara baby storyline I hate the idea that this is the thing that breaks up the batfamily and causes Dick to leave. The whole thing felt gross to me.
    Pal, you Ain't the only one

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Helena Wayne > Damian Wayne

::ducks for cover::
    Don't be ridiculous, almost everyone's better than Damian

I am STILL stuck on Dick Grayson being the only Robin for Batman. All others are just "after Jasons"....*runs for cover*

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    Superheavy was a better arc than the Court of Owls. Batman 48-49 impacted me a lot more than seeing Batman get his ass kicked and the introduction of the Illuminati to the Batman mythology.
    Interesting! What about those issues was more powerful to you? I tend to agree the Court is overhyped, but I think the first trade was really effective and creepy, if way too drawn out and incredibly unsatisfying as a conclusion.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Christian Bale's voice never bothered me in the Nolan movies. Even after people pointed it out and I re-watched them it never bothered me.

Any type of costume that has too much armor or too much tech just looks like crap. I understand they try to make it look more realistic or extreme or whatever and the Dark Knight Returns/Batman V. Superman armor is alright considering it's temporary but when I look at the Injustice costume I cringe. The character didn't get this popular being Iron Man he got this popular being Batman.

I never liked Jason Todd after he came back from the dead. I was actually surprised to find out a lot of people really like him.

I think Bane is really interesting and I think they should have done a story where he takes over for Batman at some point. Maybe for the One Year Later storyline. I don't remember much about the Batman One Year Later stuff but I think it could have been really interesting.
    Are you me? Wait... checking... Nope. Probably not. Brother from another mother?

I found Death in the family to be pretty average. Too many coincidences plaguing the story and not in a "poetic" way as in "Jason Todd was destinied to die", more as in forced ones, from Jason founding his birth certificate with only an S on his mother's name, to Bruce and Jason's path crossing in every possible way, and let's not talk about Joker going to meet Jason's mother, even though I've always liked the panel of Joker going out of her tent. Also, I think politically it's too much propagandistic, specially considering other works from Starlin on Batman, as Ten Nights of the Beast or The Cult, that depicted political plots in a much more clever way imo (I'm not from the US, but I've never discussed to other people if they get the same impression). I'm not saying that I hate it, it's has some very strong moments, but it's not as espectacular as other classic Batman stories and I wouldn't recommend it except for his importance in the history of the character
    Last edited by Chubistian; 07-31-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I found Death in the family to be pretty average. Too many coincidences plaguing the story and not in a "poetic" way as in "Jason Todd was destinied to die", more as in forced ones, from Jason founding his birth certificate with only an S on his mother's name, to Bruce and Jason's path crossing in every possible way, and let's not talk about Joker going to meet Jason's mother, even though I've always liked the panel of Joker going out of her tent.
    Looking back, I see that three years ago, when I offered some Controversial Opinions of my own in this thread, one was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    4. Jim Starlin's "A Death in the Family" was one of the most clumsily-plotted "epic Batman story arcs" that the world has ever endured. (Which is really saying something!)
    I didn't go into as much detail as you did, but you're covering some of the same points that I had in mind. I'll add one embellishment, though.

My main complaint about the "birth certificate clue" was not just that only the first letter of the biological mother's first name was still legible. It was that Jason didn't realize all he had to do was run down to City Hall and pay a few bucks for a fresh copy of his official birth certificate, and then he'd get to see the woman's name spelled out for him!

In other words: Once upon a time, I needed some extra copies of my birth certificate. It wasn't hard to arrange. Because when government agencies issue a birth certificate, they don't give the one-and-only copy to the parents of the newborn child, and then forget all about it. They also file one or more copies in their own archives, for future use.

Jason's birth certificate had been issued right there in Gotham City, and Batman is supposed to have taught him all about detective work, which would naturally include tracing people's histories through public records. So why couldn't Jason take an hour to run downtown and get a fresh copy, instead of running halfway around the world to start interviewing every woman his father ever knew who had "S" as her first initial?

(The answer, of course, is because Jim Starlin desperately wanted Jason to run over to the Middle East and then Ethiopia, so he stacked the deck that way without caring if it made any sense.)
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 07-31-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Anne Hathaway was a decent Selina Kyle. ::ducks for cover::

IMG_0077.jpg