Page 257 of 267 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    I never understood why Joker was never caught or killed in the comics he literally has white skin from Chemical Acids in the comics they say that Joker uses makeup to make him look like a normal human and thats why he hide but cmon seriously how no one has seen a pale man before? i think Ledger and Phoenix versions of Joker make more sense with Joker being a regular man who uses make up so is more harder to find him if the comics were more realistic and a Villain gets caught or killed that means no more comics to sell
    realistically... someone would probably have shot joker do death by now. If not a cop then a rando gangster who got lucky.

Amazing Member

This is my headcanons Ledger Joker die shortly before Dark Knight Rises he died of natural causes in prison thats why they dont mention him anymore and why Bruce no longer considers him a threat at the end of the trilogy

Leto DCEU Joker is Dick Grayson

If Phoenix Joker dies in Folie a Deux that means the Bruce Wayne of the Joker World will never become Batman because having a Batman that would never meet Joker its ridiculous

Speaking about Phoenix Joker Arthur Gary and Randall worked with the Graysons at Circus events

The Batman from the Titans Universe is a Villain

The Alfred TV Show Pennyworth takes place in the Gotham Universe
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 12-05-2022 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    This is my headcanon Ledger Joker die shortly before Dark Knight Rises he died of natural causes in prison thats why they dont mention him anymore and why Bruce no longer considers him a threat at the end of the trilogy
    I thought he got the death penalty but that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There are two versions of Dick Grayson. There's the one from the comics whose anger issues and control freak tendencies rival that of Bruce. And there's the fandom version who's an eternal optimist that sleeps with anything that moves.

Then there's the current version of Dick Grayson in the comics. Not Dick Grayson and is instead Superman in a Nightwing outfit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Then there's the current version of Dick Grayson in the comics. Not Dick Grayson and is instead Superman in a Nightwing outfit.
    How is he a Superman version? If anything, he's more the fandom version (although it seems as if he's exclusively sleeping with Babs at the moment).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm glad Duke got his own ID from the start than being another Robin. I just wished he was given more of a run than the occasional backup.

From Taylor's run?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2022 at 06:42 AM.

That's an insult to Superman. Clark has more brains than Taylor's Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That's an insult to Superman. Clark has more brains than Taylor's Dick.
    There a few different ways to read that sentence . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm glad Duke got his own ID from the start than being another Robin. I just wished he was given more of a run than the occasional backup.
    Honestly? The only way he would've been given more of a run was if he was a Robin.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly? The only way he would've been given more of a run was if he was a Robin.
    Ehh probably but I don't care for the Robin mantle. I think the whole legacy character system needs an overhaul so I'm fine with Duke getting his own ID.

Batman should work like The Phantom. Bruce was the first, till he died. Dick was the second, till he retired, Tim was the third etc, etc. This would be way more interesting to me.

You could have this grand mythology where the general public thinks the Batman is an immortal figure comparable to Superman and Wonder Woman. However, not because he's Bruce the freakin' Batgod but because the Batman, in this context, is this ongoing legacy character.

I liked it when Bruce "died" and Dick took on the role. I sincerely hoped that would be the new status quo for a good while until Dick hung up the cape and cowl and Tim got a shot. But, this was not to be the case and I think it's a shame.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Batman should work like The Phantom. Bruce was the first, till he died. Dick was the second, till he retired, Tim was the third etc, etc. This would be way more interesting to me.

You could have this grand mythology where the general public thinks the Batman is an immortal figure comparable to Superman and Wonder Woman. However, not because he's Bruce the freakin' Batgod but because the Batman, in this context, is this ongoing legacy character.

I liked it when Bruce "died" and Dick took on the role. I sincerely hoped that would be the new status quo for a good while until Dick hung up the cape and cowl and Tim got a shot. But, this was not to be the case and I think it's a shame.
    That approach fits DC as a whole. I think the Bronze Age should've just had Dick and his friends take over for their mentors. Having the Titan struggle with the 70s/80s era issues would've been perfect. Same with the New 52 and Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ehh probably but I don't care for the Robin mantle. I think the whole legacy character system needs an overhaul so I'm fine with Duke getting his own ID.
    I thought I was the only one who was not particularly fond of legacies.

I deeply dislike it. Firstly, I get attached to characters, not mantles. So they are all dying very early (or retiring and not being main characters I can read about, at least). Secondly, it just greatly diminishes the inheritors to me - they can never do anything as great as stepping into a costume some else left behind. They can never make their own names as great as the first gen. They either remain sidekicks until death/retirement or just abandon the identities they built on their own because those just aren't as important as the ones the first gen created.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-08-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I deeply dislike it. Firstly, I get attached to characters, not mantles. So they are all dying very early (or retiring and not being main characters I can read about, at least). Secondly, it just greatly diminishes the inheritors to me - they can never do anything as great as stepping into a costume some else left behind. They can never make their own names as great as the first gen. They either remain sidekicks until death/retirement or just abandon the identities they built on their own because those just aren't as important as the ones the first gen created.
    Guess we agree to disagree then. Nothing wrong with that.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I think you loose a lot when your story goes from "parents died, swore vengeance, inspired by bat," to parents died, swore vengeance, inspired by this other guy who's parents died and swore vengeance,."