Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Also i think it fair to point out, a lot of new Bat characters aren't even created to be supporting characters. Now they often just slap the Bat brand on characters created or envisioned to be central characters. Dick was created to be Bruce's Watson, so its his character to be able to help support Batman. To a fault now maybe, but still. But a character that was mentioned like Cass Cain. That character wasn't built to support anyone. Its uncharacteristic for her to even lose a fight. Seriously if a non super powered character even touches her, and even some super powered people, its often perceived as out of characters. Now im not trying to knock Cass here, thats not my point here, but hopefully you see what im saying. With good number of the current Bat family its not even in their nature to be supporting characters. Its not what they were designed for. Batwing is another one. He was created to be the Batman of Africa, and then recreated to be a Batman Beyond/Nightwing like central character. Shoot him in the head just to make Batman sad. Your gonna find yourself with people who either don't care or find it offensive.
Point. Maybe that's why Cass Cain Batgirl series can go for so long because she can stand on her own.

David didn't because he's too far away, and Luke... well, I think by this point there are already so many more popular Batfam characters with their own books that people just don't have any pocket money left.

Duke and Harper are created as a supporting cast though, Duke to be a Robin and Harper as a civilian point of view character. Then they push Harper too hard before gathering enough fans and make people don't like her.