Page 153 of 267 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Eh, I never got that sense about Kate from King. He pretty much left her alone, which I appreciated (aside from Annual #2...).
    he had thomas refer to them all as his grand kids.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Ah. Bat-Family grandkids, because he's the granddad Batman and Bruce is the dad Batman, so everyone after that is considered the Bat grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Thomas is also a madman, so... eh. He was delusional ever since he showed up, so I wouldn't put too much stock into anything he says.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Nightwing should be taken out of the Batfam for a bit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To an extent, I have to agree. While obviously his '90s series with Chuck Dixon and Scott McDaniel was great, the only other time the character has really thrived was during his initial run with the New Teen Titans with Wolfman & Perez.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

They put too much of him in Batman but never really take his own series seriously. There comes a bit where even NIghtwing has to cut himself off for a bit.

The Titans haven't been treating him much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I feel the same for all the bat family currently being featured in their own title. Not because I don't like the bat family getting together but I haven't been liking how their being portrayed.

I usually don't complain about names, I'm even a fan of The Signal which a lot of people hate but Orphan is a terrible name. Cass deserves better, it sounds like a one off villain.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I usually don't complain about names, I'm even a fan of The Signal which a lot of people hate but Orphan is a terrible name. Cass deserves better, it sounds like a one off villain.
    Agreed. The costume is whatever, but it’s time for her to get a new name. I still think it makes no sense how she doesn’t have a bat motif anywhere in her costume or code name, despite how important the meaning of the symbol is to her in Tynion’s run.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member

it kind of irks me that usually Gail Simone is the one who is named in connection with Birds of Prey, when it was actually Jordan B. Gorfinkel was the Creator of that team, and Chuck Dixon laid all of the ground work.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-09-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Agreed. The costume is whatever, but it’s time for her to get a new name. I still think it makes no sense how she doesn’t have a bat motif anywhere in her costume or code name, despite how important the meaning of the symbol is to her in Tynion’s run.
    And she just doesn't look the same without a cape on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    it kind of irks me that usually Gail Simone is the one who is named in connection with Birds of Prey, when it was actually Jordan B. Gorfinkel was the Creator of that team, and Chuck Dixon laid all of the ground work.
    I agree to some extent, although Simone is usually cited for the most popular incarnation of the group and for really popularizing them as a team even though she inherited it from Dixon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree to some extent, although Simone is usually cited for the most popular incarnation of the group and for really popularizing them as a team even though she inherited it from Dixon.
    The Series went already for more then 50 Issues and got a (failed) live action adaption before Simone took over, so I would claim that it was already popular at that point.

OK she added Huntress to the team, but she was before already part of the TV series, Birds of Prey Manhunt and appeared in a lot of other Batman related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And she just doesn't look the same without a cape on.

True that. It’s crazy how much young justice improved her orphan costume, all by just adding a cape.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

I actually find Batgirl to be very confusing and it took me a while to really get into her series. I started reading comics after Killing Joke had already been around for at least a decade or two and Barbara was with the Birds of Prey and Cassie was Batgirl. Then a few years later Stephanie was Batgirl and then it all rebooted and Barbara was suddenly Batgirl again which made me totally lost on what happened because Barbara has never been Batgirl for me. If there’s any good news after New 52, Rebirth, and old comics on the DC universe app I’m good with Barbara being Batgirl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.