Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
Except the Nightwings got killed off and the narrative went out of its’ way to justify why there can only be one and only forever and ever. It was equally celebrated by fans. Those SAME fans who devalue Batgirl in such a way. It’s the fact that DC is so keen to give in to such nonsense rather than making an actual effort to DIFFERENTIATE every character and their approach that’s BS.

Her approach as Batgirl absolutely can stand out, because as you said: if Nightwing can get get away with it then Batgirl absolutely should be afforded that same luxury
The other Nightwings were non-entities and part of the reviled "Ric" storyline. In contrast, Steph and Cass are fan favorite characters (Cass being the first Batgirl to hold down a solo comic) and Barbara's time as Oracle is very well loved by a lot of people. Batgirl can't be afforded the exact same luxury because that isn't a remotely similar situation.

Oracle is her equivalent to the Nightwing identity, not Batgirl. It's her "graduation." YMMV on if you think that's fair or not, but that's generally how it is. Despite loving a lot of Oracle stuff, my preference is for her to be Batgirl. But it's not like we've had a lot of stand out stuff in comparison since she became Batgirl again, so it's hard to really justify it beyond a preference and nostalgia for old stuff at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
I don't think I have a high horse - I was sharing my opinion, just like you did yours.
You definitely don't