Page 260 of 267 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Interesting. What do you feel worked for him in those roles but not the others?
    Batman II felt more like the next step where Nightwing felt more like underemployment. Dick infiltrating Spyral had a stronger hook than him in Bludhaven.

Since I don't like him as much as the others he needed something more than just superhero basics to draw me in. Ironically I'm the same way about Iron Fist and Superman lol.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-18-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Batman II felt more like the next step where Nightwing felt more like underemployment.
    Then again, when did you first start reading about Dick Grayson?

When he first went from Robin to Nightwing back in 1984, it was definitely a "next step" for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

When he first went from Robin to Nightwing back in 1984, it was definitely a "next step" for him.
    Before the new 52. I don't mind him as Nightwing he just needed something more than just a new ID for me. So it's a lesson all the other legacies and spinoff characters could learn too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-18-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Before the new 52. I don't mind him as Nightwing he just needed something more than just a new ID for me. So it's a lesson all the other legacies and spinoff characters could learn too.
    I can get that. Nightwing's mission statement can be very basic at times " protector of generic city" can be really boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Ya, gotta remember when Nightwing became Nightwing there was no other Nightwings. Going from Robin to Nightwing was a big deal when he did it, because it wasn’t done before and no one even thought it was a thing they could do. By the time of the New 52 they bastardized the hell out of characters doing it to the point with the New 52 half the line was made up off spin offs and ex-Robins with new ids.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-19-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, gotta remember when Nightwing became Nightwing there was no other Nightwings...
    No others outside of the City of Kandor, that is.

A funny thing about the '89 Batman is, despite its reputation, Bruce doesn't actually kill anyone (though Johnny Gobbs's fate remains dubious) until he blows up Axis Chemicals--which marks the beginning of the third act of the movie.

The reason I find this notable is, by most accounts from the filmmakers, the third act is when things went off the rails and they were pretty much making it up as they went along.
    This is also how Joker killing Bruce's parents came to fruition and also why Joker's henchmen miraculously are already in the bell-tower waiting to fight.

There's a story that, while filming the sequence where Joker leads Vicki Vale up the stairs at gunpoint, Nicholson stopped and flat-out asked Burton, "Where are going? What are we doing here?"
    Burton replied, "You're leading her up the bell-tower." And when Nicholson asked why, he said, "We'll figure it out when we get there."

So, really, Batman killing his enemies in this movie wasn't trying to offer a particular stance on whether heroes should kill or not, nor was it a throwback to the Golden Age or any other comic reference.

It was purely, "We're behind schedule, and we don't know how to end this.....screw it, Batman's got machine guns and missiles."

I guess come Returns, they figured "in for penny, in for a pound."

A way to adapt Robin is the We Are Robin movement. They could Batman's version of the Baker Street Irregulars. A group of street kids that Batman uses as scouts in exchange for getting them out of a life of a crime. He wants to prevent another version of him from being created. It also prevents the Turf war mentality that DC tends to inspire with legacies as most of the Robins could be active at the same time. Damian is the exception but you could work him in after.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

They are rushing Punchline as a character. The biggest problem with modern comics is that characters aren’t given time to breathe. It’s either the character is getting neglected or it’s being shoved down your throat to the point that you are starting to to get annoyed by the character.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    They are rushing Punchline as a character. The biggest problem with modern comics is that characters aren’t given time to breathe. It’s either the character is getting neglected or it’s being shoved down your throat to the point that you are starting to to get annoyed by the character.
    I have no opinion on Punchline. But it does amuse me that you say this is an issue with modern comics when the Joker had two stories in his first issue, and then appeared in more than every other issue for the next dozen issues. Spamming new characters is old hat. Though, it does, of course, make a difference when you have several stories per issue (even if the reader doesn't like the villain featured in one story, they may like the others in the issue). And when a story takes six months or more, being absent in a story is being absent from the public mind a lot longer, but also makes it more irritating for anyone who doesn't like a particular story or villain.

Plus, we have so much more intermixing that new characters sometimes show up in multiple titles to promote them. But that's been for decades now, too.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-03-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I have no opinion on Punchline. But it does amuse me that you say this is an issue with modern comics when the Joker had two stories in his first issue, and then appeared in more than every other issue for the next dozen issues. Spamming new characters is old hat.
    On the other Hand Batman didn't have much of a Rogues Gallery back than, and they had write like 4 storries per issue...
    From what I remember the were back than only 3 villains that were really "spammed" like that Joker, Penguin and Catwoman. The others appeared pretty rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    On the other Hand Batman didn't have much of a Rogues Gallery back than, and they had write like 4 storries per issue...
    From what I remember the were back than only 3 villains that were really "spammed" like that Joker, Penguin and Catwoman. The others appeared pretty rarely.
    Yeah and the old Joker stories... didn't really push him as a particularly important rogue... just a highly murderous one.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I mean, I personally agree, but I see quite a lot of appreciation for her online, so whatever DC is doing right now seems to be working.

Amazing Member

Arthur Fleck was a Virgin thats why the way he fantasizes being with her Neighbor who is Single Mother Sophie makes more sense and thats why his descent to madness makes more sense but i think he will not longer be one in Joker 2 with Lady Gaga Harley Quinn

I know that All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder is Controversial but i like the way they depict Batman as a Lunatic who mistreats Robin and trains him hard to fight Crime i think someone who uses a Kid to fight Crime with him must be not right of the mind

All Batman Live Actions Movies including the Pattinson The Batman 2022 Movie are made for Children there hasnt been a completely Dark Batman in Live Action only Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck were a little but they become Soft i would have liked to see a Batman that deals with the Crudeness of Organized Crime something closer to Reality i want a Batman Movie with similar tone of the Joker 2019 Movie and that is Rated R

Daredevil is a better Batman than Modern Batman for me even the Netflix Daredevil Show is a better Batman Movie
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 01-05-2023 at 09:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Arthur Fleck was a Virgin thats why the way he fantasizes being with her Neighbor who is Single Mother Sophie makes more sense and thats why his descent to madness makes more sense but i think he will not longer be one in Joker 2 with Lady Gaga Harley Quinn

I know that All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder is Controversial but i like the way they depict Batman as a Lunatic who mistreats Robin and trains him hard to fight Crime i think someone who uses a Kid to fight Crime with him must be not right of the mind

All Batman Live Actions Movies including the Pattinson The Batman 2022 Movie are made for Children there hasnt been a completely Dark Batman in Live Action only Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck were a little but they become Soft i would have liked to see a Batman that deals with the Crudeness of Organized Crime something closer to Reality i want a Batman Movie with similar tone of the Joker 2019 Movie and that is Rated R

Daredevil is a better Batman than Modern Batman for me even the Netflix Daredevil Show is a better Batman Movie

About All Star Batman & Robin , I have every issue . Bought them the day they came out .
    Disappointed that the series never had a proper end to it .
    Yeah Batman is portrayed as a lunatic , but it was very cool to read .
    If only Miller & Jim Lee did some more issues and finished it out , it would be great !