Page 119 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3996

a One Night Stand between Jason Todd and Harley Quinn would be an interesting angle for a Story about the Trauma caused by Joker and I'm surprised it hasnt happened yet
    Profoundly creepy and indicative of overall poor mental health is how I would perceive that.

Doesn't help that they've toyed with several hero hookups with Harley in various realities. Including implied with Dick I've heard (haven't read), which I loathe the idea of.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    DC's overall vision is embarrassing and juvenile, especially for Batman. They've been carried by the strength of adaptations and legacy. The DCU app's original content is horrible - Titans and Harley Quinn. The animated films are cringey. They're creatively driving the IPs into obscure niche territory, while Marvel continues to make DC a niche afterthought aside from Batman movies/games.
    Titans, Harley Quinn, Young Justice and Doom Patrol have been well received. Aquaman pulled in a billion. Wonder Woman became the first female led superhero movie to be a success. DC has both good and bad comics same as Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't really care for Harley and Ivy as this "grand" DC romance on par with Lois and Clark that makes them better people or more heroic. I don't mind the relationship as a whole, but just the level of importance they keep placing on it. I guess it's good they have a prominent LGBT couple, but I just don't feel it.

And I'm tired of Ivy coming off like Harley's plus one.
    agreed 100% I'm tired of Harley period lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't really care for Harley and Ivy as this "grand" DC romance on par with Lois and Clark that makes them better people or more heroic. I don't mind the relationship as a whole, but just the level of importance they keep placing on it. I guess it's good they have a prominent LGBT couple, but I just don't feel it.

And I'm tired of Ivy coming off like Harley's plus one.
    When has DC claimed they were on par with Lois and Clark?

Freight Train should join the Batfamily so that he can get more exposure.

I've got my issues with Harley but I think the best thing you can do for yourself if you don't like her is just ignore her.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

As much as I find the idea of a selectively mute character interesting, no matter what I do, I just cannot invest myself in Cassandra Cain.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've got my issues with Harley but I think the best thing you can do for yourself if you don't like her is just ignore her.
    True of all characters, but hard to do when they are popular characters that pop up everywhere. And maybe take over other franchises (::cough:: BOP).

As much as I find the idea of a selectively mute character interesting, no matter what I do, I just cannot invest myself in Cassandra Cain.
    I can't get that interested, either. Which is sad, because I'd like to. I even bristle at the unfairness of her being demoted from daughter (and left out of fic as Bruce's kid long before that). But I'm just not that into her. I even read some issues of her solo series (started with Brenda Miller's introduction specifically because I read she was a friend of Cass and I wanted to see Cass interact with a friend). I don't dislike her, but neither does she grab me. I've liked her best when she hanging out with Steph (who, admittedly, I do very much like in pre-death days), as long as she wasn't just knocking her out because she rated her so lowly in skill (so much hatred for so many characters treating Steph like a hopeless loser who couldn't accomplish anything, and then of course, made even worse by that mindset being proven correct with the ghastly War Games).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hard to do when she's everywhere. Her presence on a cover does reduce the likelihood that I will buy the book. I hold high hopes for Sejic's "Harleen," but that's because it looks unlike any other version of Harley.

Locally uncontroversial opinion: DC invests far too much energy into far too few characters while allowing others to languish on the margins or vanish altogether.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Poison Ivy hasn't been a compelling character since she became Harley's girlfriend. I'm fine with them dating, both are bisexual and it's cool to have a same-sex couple last a long time in comics, but since DC needs Harley to be likable, they defanged Ivy and left her as Harley's boring hot redhead girl who is part ficus.

She used to bring Gotham City to it's knees. She was compelling. Net loss.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I can't get that interested, either. Which is sad, because I'd like to. I even bristle at the unfairness of her being demoted from daughter (and left out of fic as Bruce's kid long before that).
    Honestly she never really was. She wasn't really a part of Bruce life out of costume, she was imo more Barbaras kid then Bruce's and as soon as Bruce adopted her he "died" and once he came back she had moved to Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly she never really was. She wasn't really a part of Bruce life out of costume, she was imo more Barbaras kid then Bruce's and as soon as Bruce adopted her he "died" and once he came back she had moved to Hong Kong.
    I don't know. I know she was part of Barbara's life, but he did adopt her. And from right after her introduction (way before adoption), she seemed rather worshipful of Batman and eager to be around him and learn from him (which I did feel was kind on an insult to Barbara, since the same level of "respect" was not extended to her). The two each exerting control and fighting over what Cass' life would be definitely played a part from time to time.

Pretty sure hating on Harley isn’t controversial on this board.
    Last edited by lucius121; 12-08-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I feel the same. I've tried to read issues where she's in and i'm just not interested in her or her backstory. I'd be okay if she never appeared again tbh.

I hate it whenever writers claim Damian is Bruce's only son or his true son, I think it's a disservice to Dick, Jason and Tim.

Also, though I don't dislike her, I can't connect with Cassandra Cain. I've always found her rather boring.