Page 160 of 267 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3996

Visually all the Robins are quite similar and they all play the surrogate son (or in Damian's case actual son) role.
    I really liked when Tim had his own living dad and was living with him and was definitely not viewing Bruce as a surrogate dad. Sad to see that lost.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Screw Batgirl
    Babs is better as Oracle
    Steph is better as Spoiler
    Cass is just fine as Orphan

It’s an overrated mantle, that it’s holders are all better than, and better without.
    Misfit decided she didn't want the name after Oracle showed her pics of what happened to her and Steph. O_o'

I kind of wonder. I know I shouldn't be thinking about it. But why Yellow and Red? I know each Robin has somewhat their own color scheme but both Dick and Jason have the same brighter colors. Was it due to the circus? I get it maybe. You never know who can be a criminal in Gotham. So is that the reason why the police never question why Bruce has a young boy fighting criminal? Maybe Gordon should know Batman is

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I kind of wonder. I know I shouldn't be thinking about it. But why Yellow and Red? I know each Robin has somewhat their own color scheme but both Dick and Jason have the same brighter colors. Was it due to the circus? I get it maybe. You never know who can be a criminal in Gotham. So is that the reason why the police never question why Bruce has a young boy fighting criminal? Maybe Gordon should know Batman is
    Are actual robins yellow and red?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    When was the first time anyone referenced the bird in regards to Robin? I mean, I know he started with references to Robin Hood. And I've read a synopsis of different ways he's gotten his superhero name. But I mean, the first time any villain or really anyone else referenced a bird in regards to Robin. The Robin Hood association is not an easy one to make, IMO, and with Batman referencing an animal, I can see the villain or general populous thinking in the avian direction.

I know one reference is due to his mom calling him Robin. But I don't know how to feel that the mantle of Robin is due to his dead mom

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

It happened in the animated series "The Batman" (in the episode "A matter of family") and it was actually used to justify the adoption of the name Robin by Dick; I don't know is the same thing it has happened also in some comic.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    American Robins are red-breasted with black back, which is the inspiration for Tim's second costume

The original Robin costume is a mix of Robin Hood (pixie boots and medieval tunic) circus costume (yellow cape and short shorts) and maybe swashbuckling Zorro who's also the inspiration for Batman (domino mask)

I know one reference is due to his mom calling him Robin. But I don't know how to feel that the mantle of Robin is due to his dead mom
    Think of it like Bruce was inspired to be Batman after a bat broke in and landed on Thomas Wayne's bust. It's a respectful homage

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    It happened in the animated series "The Batman" (in the episode "A matter of family") and it was actually used to justify the adoption of the name Robin by Dick; I don't know is the same thing it has happened also in some comic.
    Dark Victory and New 52
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-02-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Huh, Tim's first RR coatume looks a lot like a redstart to me (a bird I didn't know existed until today, funny enough).

Robins here are brown/grey, white and dark orange.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-03-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Huh, Tim's first RR coatume looks a lot like a redstart to me (a bird I didn't know existed until today, funny enough).

Robins here are brown/grey, white and dark orange.
    You're in Spain, right? Yeah. European Robins are that color.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You're in Spain, right? Yeah. European Robins are that color.
    Yep.
    Huh, so it's not only where the reddish colour is, it's also the hues that are different. I didn't know.

True. In a sense, the Robin mantle is about all the lost children trying to find their way. I mean no all robins have green in Batman. like Tim has black. I mean did everyone ever even ask batman why there was a child helping him?

True. In a sense, the Robin mantle is about all the lost children trying to find their way. I mean no all robins have green in Batman. like Tim has black. I mean did everyone ever even ask batman why there was a child helping him?
    In the modern interpretation, yes

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    When was the first time anyone referenced the bird in regards to Robin? I mean, I know he started with references to Robin Hood. And I've read a synopsis of different ways he's gotten his superhero name. But I mean, the first time any villain or really anyone else referenced a bird in regards to Robin. The Robin Hood association is not an easy one to make, IMO, and with Batman referencing an animal, I can see the villain or general populous thinking in the avian direction.
    Really early actually. i remember it was a 1942-1946 Golden Age issue.

The old pre-crisis explanation was that Bruce Wayne originally came up with the costume to hide his identity. He was trying to impress "the world's greatest detective" so the guy would teach him. After saving the detective's life, the guy gave Bruce the name.