Page 235 of 267 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Spider-Man and X-Men don’t sell so well that they would cover for taking Batman out of the market. The effects it would have on DC, and the market in general would be insurmountable.
    Not to mention the box office.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'd give Orphan and Spoiler their own books.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    More human characters who do nothing but just help the hero do what they do couldn't hurt.
    Ehhhh... disagree. I find that it hurts a LOT.

I remember when Batman was 'the world's greatest detective'. He was the guy who knew all the facts, had the lockpicking skills, used his chemistry lab, basically DID the stuff that made him a hero.

Then they brought in characters like Alfred working on the Batmobile, Lucius designing his tech, Oracle hacking all the computer info and feeding Batman all the answers to the clues and overriding all the doors he came across... It got to the point where punching people and being a jerk was the only thing Batman was doing for himself... and yeah, I find that hurt him a LOT.

CW's Flash is another example. He's running around trying to fight bad guys and there's a whole team of humans sitting around the computer doing his math, telling him to use his speed, and doing all his thinking to the point that he's really just a figurehead in his own show.

I think it’s fine that some of the teams don’t feel like a family. I think it’s interesting to see conflict and how they would actually behave in a team setting with each other. Maybe some heroes just can’t be on a team together, but they have to for some reason or another and they get alone with each other after awhile, but they don’t become as close as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

I remember when Batman was 'the world's greatest detective'. He was the guy who knew all the facts, had the lockpicking skills, used his chemistry lab, basically DID the stuff that made him a hero.

Then they brought in characters like Alfred working on the Batmobile, Lucius designing his tech, Oracle hacking all the computer info and feeding Batman all the answers to the clues and overriding all the doors he came across... It got to the point where punching people and being a jerk was the only thing Batman was doing for himself... and yeah, I find that hurt him a LOT.

CW's Flash is another example. He's running around trying to fight bad guys and there's a whole team of humans sitting around the computer doing his math, telling him to use his speed, and doing all his thinking to the point that he's really just a figurehead in his own show.
    You know, I never really thought about how having a big “family” affects Batman! But you are absolutely right. Batman definately lost some of his best skillset when they decided to make the batfam even bigger. A big one I never thought about was the fact that Oracle and Batman were essentially the same person for a while post-zero hour. I guess this is largely where the “babs is female Bruce” comes from.

I think the batfamily should have just been Batman and a Robin. Batman mythos is just really bloated. fOnce Dick became Nightwing, he should have either joined another characters little world or DC should have let him become a corner of the universe himself. Same with Batgirl. It’s why I firmly believe the best thing for her as well is to be somewhat separate from Batman and have a side cast that is more outside the batfamily.

Babs, she could easily have supergirl, Jason bard, Ted Kord, black canary and Orphan as part of her world! While I don’t see batgirl ever leaving Gotham, as that’s her home, she can operate separately from Batman like how Black Canary is with Green Arrow.

Basically, Dick, Helena, Tim and Stephanie should leave Gotham for good and do their own things. Babs, Kate, Damian Jason and Bruce can stay in Gotham. This way we have room for more side characters not apart of the batfamily and then we also get to see the batfam characters occupy a significant part of the other DC mythos.

Amazing Member

The Gotham tv show is underrated i dont like the two Jokers idea but love Jeremiah Valeska he should have been the show Joker also loved Penguin Riddler and Selina
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 01-28-2022 at 02:31 PM.

I liked the Batpack and hope they stick around after TA wraps up.

Jace is my favorite legacy character of the past decade but putting him in the DCU feels like a mistake. I rather he and the other future state legacies be on Earth One.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

None of these things take away from being a detective. Being a detective isn't about knowing all the facts or not needing help.

Likewise, people vastly overstate how much "thinking" everyone else does for Barry.

Fantastic Member

I think Adam Glass' Teen Titans book is a good Teen Titans book. But, not a good book if you at all like Damian to have any character growth at all. I throught the cast was great and had a lot of potential. It was written in a way to focus on relationships which is how I think the best Titans runs are written. Everyone grows except for Damian to the point I almost feel like someone told Glass to write Damian that way, only to have this character change explained in a Flash book by Williamson.

I think Adam Glass knows how to write a good Teen Titans run. However, I don't know if he knows how to write Damian Wayne well. If you don't like or care about Damian you could enjoy the story in its entirely.

Batman can be multifaceted. There's no need for there to be only one way Bruce Wayne works as a concept.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I think Adam Glass' Teen Titans book is a good Teen Titans book. But, not a good book if you at all like Damian to have any character growth at all. I throught the cast was great and had a lot of potential. It was written in a way to focus on relationships which is how I think the best Titans runs are written. Everyone grows except for Damian to the point I almost feel like someone told Glass to write Damian that way, only to have this character change explained in a Flash book by Williamson.

I think Adam Glass knows how to write a good Teen Titans run. However, I don't know if he knows how to write Damian Wayne well. If you don't like or care about Damian you could enjoy the story in its entirely.
    This isn't a controversial or an opinion.

We all know that The man was literally mandated to write a run that force Damian down a dark path and force him out of the Robin mantle.

We all saw the instagram posts that Adam posted just before he left the book where he clarified about that the decision to take robin from Damian was made before he even came on the title and he said that his was told to take his 2 steps back.

We all know about the plans to make Damian the big bad of 5G which was what the Tt's run and LOSH was building towards.

Glass was paid to do a job and he did the job he was paid to do.
    Sadly it's common in comics to twist characters to suit the plot or future plans of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    None of these things take away from being a detective. Being a detective isn't about knowing all the facts or not needing help.

Likewise, people vastly overstate how much "thinking" everyone else does for Barry.
    It does make the writers lazy though. Why have Batman figure things out himself when he could just ring up Oracle and have her do things for him.

I agree that writers often resort to crutches when writing Batman. It's easy to write him as an out of control borderline thug who beats people up to feel better than it is to write him as a smart, capable individual whose greatest asset is his mind, body and will. The other end of the spectrum is writers getting so caught up in the 'Bat God' thing that they don't bother showing him figuring out how to escape death traps, he just does it because 'he's Batman' or he can pull out a random gadget to defeat the League but it only works because the rest of the League are too stupid to use their powers (which is often not the case because even in their own titles they're shown as powerful and capable on their own).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Batman can be multifaceted. There's no need for there to be only one way Bruce Wayne works as a concept.
    Yeah, but if Batman is multifaceted, what will the other batfamily do? /eyeroll

Go off and die apparently /s

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    The Gotham tv show is underrated i dont like the two Jokers idea but love Jeremiah Valeska he should have been the show Joker also loved Penguin Riddler and Selina
    I LOVE Gotham. They did a great job developing all the main characters. I was highly skeptical of a prequel without Batman, but it worked.
    I still think there was potential for a spin off set during the gap years in the finale starring Selina.