Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I really don't know that he does. Not different enough in the current set up to really have many of them stand out from each other, at least, especially the further down we go to the newer characters. All the reboots and retcons definitely don't help, I think the likes of Tim and Cass were better off before all that and when the cast was smaller. Cass has had her dynamic with Bruce erased and now Babs is back as Batgirl, and Tim was better off when he was the only Robin and Dick was the only former Robin present. His decline started as soon as Damian was introduced and Jason came back as Red Hood, so he has a new Robin as competition but two former Robins to be compared to. And that's just all the Robins and Batgirls competing against each other before we get into the Azraels, the Batwomen, and the Huntresses.
He does if you look into the character history and interaction the characters have had over the years. Bruce's relationship with Dick isn't his relationship with Jason, which isn't his relationship with Tim, etc. Ditto for the Batgirls.

Tim was in a better place as Red Robin Post-Crisis then he was when the New 52 hit and he got shipped off to the Titans editorial office. It's been a struggle to recover him since then.

Cass and Steph defintiely got screwed over by DC editorial and Babs becoming Batgirl again. Heck, in some ways Babs becoming Batgirl again kind of screwed herself over.

There's only really been one consistent Batwoman for a long time. I don't think Helena Wayne had much of an impact in Gotham compared to Bertinelli so I don't think she's an issue. The Azrael most people think of is Jean-Paul.
It all orbits around Batman, who is largely an independent character by himself and doesn't need many of these other individual pieces to work. They need him more than the reverse. Especially the likes of present Tim and Steph, Luke, Harper and Duke who don't really enrichen his character on this already crowded stage. Like is DCAU Batman any less of a definitive version of the character, if not THE definitive version, for having a much smaller Bat-Family?
B:TAS is definitive in a lot of ways but it also didn't showcase the many ways the Batfamily evolved or changed over time.

Like, to most fans now the lack of a proper Jason Todd or Red Hood would be seen as "less definitive." Or showcasing the Batgirl successions. Or Damian as Robin, even.

Just as a lot of people see the DCAU as the definitive take on the DC Universe even when there was so much they didn't tackle or showcase. That's why we get different interpretations like Young Justice, Beware the Batman, or the Arkham games that are allowed to adapt that kind of stuff.