Page 232 of 267 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3996
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Tim’s the Nickelback of the Batfamily. He ran his course. Being so formulaic and generic just stopped being appealing. As he continues to try to follow the formula of others with this pursuit to establish his Nightwing. His popularity is rooted and dependent on pure nostalgia at this point. He was a generation’s Robin, but new generations became consumers and so he fell off.
    Yeah, well that was perfect summary of my feelings for Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I like both Tim and Damian (though Damian much more) and I despise the idea that you have to choose one and dislike the other. Fandom rivalries like that are one of the worst things in comicbook fandom and they make a bad name for fans and sadly also for the characters involved.
    The thing is also that the type of stories Damian has as Robin are so different from the ones Tim had, that there would be imo not really a big problem with both of them coexisting (apparat from the branding problem).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, outside of major events, its rare to see more than 2 together anyway. And that's not including them actually getting along. I think Duke and Cass are the only ones not to have aggravated anything bad. Tim suddenly broke it off with Steph after Bendis promised a long relationship (not sure if he ever told her). And the rest have been distant, at best, since Alfred's death.
    I wouldn't say they are distant.
    Dick definitely had a meaningful big brother moment with Damian in Robins 5, and the current Nightwing run introduced us to the batfamily group chat and gave us some fun interactions between Dick and Tim.
    Barbra and Dick are dating again.
    The batgirls are very close in the Batgirls book.
    Urban legends 10 gave us another Dick and Tim interaction and big brother advice moment, as well as batfamily on Christmas moments.
    Bruce called the Robin's "sons".
    The batfamily seem and act more like a family than they have in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    duplicate Dicks? DO NOT WANT! I'd rather have Damian as Nightwing.
    I don't want either. It was extremely important that Nightwing was Dick's own thing, and I really don't want it to be a legacy at all (not too much a fan of legacies, anyway, but especially not for that one). And I sure don't want more versions of the same characters we have running around. It's a big lack of originality in a field that's already too crowded. But I could totally believe DC would do it, given their track record.

The "Batfamily" does not need to feel or act like an actual family.
    I mean, outside of major events, its rare to see more than 2 together anyway.
    The big events are kind of the worst for me. First, because I don't much care for events. But secondly, because when it is a event, it's not just dropping by to hang out or teaming up for a fun mission. It often becomes Batman as the commander of the others. Them as subordinates. I think that's a terrible thing - very much steps backward for Dick and Barbara (so long also now) to take them from independent heroes in their own rights to have them as Batman's footsoldiers, taking his orders, fulfilling his goals, etc. Especially on the occasions when he doesn't tell them what's going on and just expect or demands blind obedience. They are (or at least should be, or have been) so far past that by now. Actually, Barbara never should have been in that dynamic in the first place (I hated her retconned into his protege). And Tim should be moving past that point, too. Batman's the big dog in the meta-sense, but in-universe, they should have grown up and become his equals (actually Barbara started grown and just needed to get a little experience). Especially since he barely has any seniority on Dick in the heroing business in the original timeframe.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-13-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Especially since he barely has any seniority on Dick in the heroing business in the original timeframe.
    On top of that, I'd say Dick has far more team experience than Bruce has. If anything when they gang gets together, Nightwing should be the one with the battle plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't want either. It was extremely important that Nightwing was Dick's own thing, and I really don't want it to be a legacy at all (not too much a fan of legacies, anyway, but especially not for that one). And I sure don't want more versions of the same characters we have running around. It's a big lack of originality in a field that's already too crowded. But I could totally believe DC would do it, given their track record.
    Funny thing is that Dick is I think the third Nightwing? But the previous Nightwing was Kal-El. Soo.... Also 4 of the 6 or so Nightwings have actually been Kryptonians.

So... as a legacy name.... we're more likely to see Lor-Zod use it than one of the other Robins... unless Dick decides to be Batman... then maybe..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On top of that, I'd say Dick has far more team experience than Bruce has. If anything when they gang gets together, Nightwing should be the one with the battle plans.
    Not really.
    Bruce has been on most in carnations of the Justice League (and been occasionally also been a member of other teams like the Outsiders beside that).
    And the Justice League has been around longer, and had less long lasting break ups than the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really.
    Bruce has been on most in carnations of the Justice League (and been occasionally also been a member of other teams like the Outsiders beside that).
    And the Justice League has been around longer, and had less long lasting break ups than the Titans.
    Yeah, but Bruce is the guy on the Justice League that doesn't listen to others and does his own thing. Nightwing leads his team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, but Bruce is the guy on the Justice League that doesn't listen to others and does his own thing. Nightwing leads his team.
    I would say it is debatable how much the Titans actually listen to Dick

Funny thing is that Dick is I think the third Nightwing? But the previous Nightwing was Kal-El. Soo.... Also 4 of the 6 or so Nightwings have actually been Kryptonians.

So... as a legacy name.... we're more likely to see Lor-Zod use it than one of the other Robins... unless Dick decides to be Batman... then maybe..
    Well the "Nightwing" name as a "legacy" can get a bit screwy since Superman (Kal-El) had been first, and then Van-Zee was 2nd, but both those were in the bottle city of Kandor.

Dick first became Nightwing about seven years after Van-Zee did, but then again he was the first to publicly use the Nightwing identity outside of Kandor.

Incredible Member

Another one, I really like Silver St Cloud and think she should be Bruce's main love interests for while.

Also, Hugo Strange is a hugely underrated villain and should be given more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Another one, I really like Silver St Cloud and think she should be Bruce's main love interests for while.

Also, Hugo Strange is a hugely underrated villain and should be given more focus.
    You mean like back in 1977?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean like back in 1977?
    Yup. For some reason that era really clicks for me. I would to see it in a modern setting.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well the "Nightwing" name as a "legacy" can get a bit screwy since Superman (Kal-El) had been first, and then Van-Zee was 2nd, but both those were in the bottle city of Kandor.

Dick first became Nightwing about seven years after Van-Zee did, but then again he was the first to publicly use the Nightwing identity outside of Kandor.
    true, PG only acted as Nightwing in Kandor as well. Now that I think of it, the only Kryptonian to be Nightwing on Earth was Lor-Zod. That was a lot later. Also, Cheyenne Freemont was imitating Dick Grayson. So yeah... Dick is pretty much the main one on Earth.

true, PG only acted as Nightwing in Kandor as well. Now that I think of it, the only Kryptonian to be Nightwing on Earth was Lor-Zod. That was a lot later. Also, Cheyenne Freemont was imitating Dick Grayson. So yeah... Dick is pretty much the main one on Earth.
    But, technically wasn't the bottle the bottle city of Kandor was in also "on Earth" (in Superman's Fortress of Solitude)?