Page 107 of 267 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3996

If Bat-Editorial is so sure on Dick not being Nightwing right now, I'd rather someone else in the Batfamily take up the mantle, like Cass or Harper. It makes me shake my head thinking about people's reaction to Harper becoming Nightwing back when Batman Eternal came out, because I don't find the Team Nightwing group to be engaging at all. At least we know Cass and Harper's names, right now I'd have to do a Google search to tell you the names of the people being Nightwing.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    If Bat-Editorial is so sure on Dick not being Nightwing right now, I'd rather someone else in the Batfamily take up the mantle, like Cass or Harper. It makes me shake my head thinking about people's reaction to Harper becoming Nightwing back when Batman Eternal came out, because I don't find the Team Nightwing group to be engaging at all. At least we know Cass and Harper's names, right now I'd have to do a Google search to tell you the names of the people being Nightwing.
    Consider:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Consider:

She got screwed out of it in that Smallville comic .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She really did. Man, I hate Dan Didio. And I mean Steph is the member of the bat family that's the most like Dick, she's the one that would fit the best.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't want anyone else to be Nightwing. That's Dick's. I like people having their own titles, and not just hand-me-downs (okay, technically, it was hand-me-down for Dick, but much well after we'd last seen it used, and it wasn't a full-time title for prominent character).

Steph is Spoiler - she doesn't need to give up own identity to take someone's else hand-me-down...again.

And I mean Steph is the member of the bat family that's the most like Dick, she's the one that would fit the best.
    I like both their older personalities better than their newer, flakier, ones, so meh.

As Nightwing, she'd just be a fill-in for the "real thing". At least as long as Dick doesn't have a superhero identity of his own. And him claiming that one was such an important storyline.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-25-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Retired

Given comic book logic on last names, Tim Drake should be the legacy Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like both their older personalities better than their newer, flakier, ones, so meh.

As Nightwing, she'd just be a fill-in for the "real thing". At least as long as Dick doesn't have a superhero identity of his own. And him claiming that one was such an important storyline.
    In the context of Smallville I think she was supposed to be her own, distinct, thing as Nightwing (it was that kind of property).

Dick and Steph must be written extremely out-of-character to come off as flakes in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's the story here?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What's the story here?
    The writer, Brian Q Miller (who wrote Steph as Batgirl, mind), wanted to use Stephanie as Nightwing in Smallville Season 11 (or whatever season the comic was) and originally was told that it was fine but this was right after Flashpoint so once Didio got wind of it Miller was forced to change the character to someone else: namely, Barbara Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The writer, Brian Q Miller (who wrote Steph as Batgirl, mind), wanted to use Stephanie as Nightwing in Smallville Season 11 (or whatever season the comic was) and originally was told that it was fine but this was right after Flashpoint so once Didio got wind of it Miller was forced to change the character to someone else: namely, Barbara Gordon.
    Does he hate Steph, why would it matter if she was Nightwing in a completely separate continuity?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Like Detective Comics is basically ignoring Teen Titans and other series, could make Damian mini-Nightwing...

I may or may not have gotten that from a fanfic...

Does he hate Steph, why would it matter if she was Nightwing in a completely separate continuity?
    I think it was around the time of the New 52 so they were phasing out the other Batgirls in favor of the original, so that's why it ended up being Babs.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

His own words: https://www.newsarama.com/10376-dan-...own-issue.html

I've heard rumors that he pushed against her getting a memorial in the Batcave after she died (for the minute she was dead), but I haven't bothered to see them substantiated. Considering his well-documented hate of legacies, his idea to put her in the Robin suit and then kill her does make me think he never liked her to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His own words: https://www.newsarama.com/10376-dan-...own-issue.html

I've heard rumors that he pushed against her getting a memorial in the Batcave after she died (for the minute she was dead), but I haven't bothered to see them substantiated. Considering his well-documented hate of legacies, his idea to put her in the Robin suit and then kill her does make me think he never liked her to begin with.
    Yeesh. Sounds like what happened with Jason Todd. The writer back then absolutely loathed him to the point of even trying to give him AIDS just to kill him, to say nothing of Death in the Family.

There is a lot of heat over Harley right now, but I have honestly not hated anything that has been done with her.
    Outside of her obviously abusive relationship with Joker, but I think we are meant to be put off by that.