Page 265 of 267 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Jeez, that had me looking at wiki for plot developments in last few years (my DC current reading ceased a year or three ago.)

That’s current Batman off my possible buy list, in unlikely event I start reading current comics again. (Got a ton of stuff on Comixology that I bought a couple of years ago that not got round to reading yet.)
    Yeah, it's not really worth trying. Worlds Finest by Waid is awesome if you're looking for a new Batfix.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, it's not really worth trying. Worlds Finest by Waid is awesome if you're looking for a new Batfix.
    The only Batman-related books I've been buying are the occasional issue of The Batman and Scooby-Doo! Mysteries as long as the issue is written by Sholly Fisch.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The only Batman-related books I've been buying are the occasional issue of The Batman and Scooby-Doo! Mysteries as long as the issue is written by Sholly Fisch.
    I have the TPBs for that but haven't got around to reading them yet. I hear good things.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I have the TPBs for that but haven't got around to reading them yet. I hear good things.
    Unfortunately, I had found the 12-issue series released in 2021-2022 to be a bit uneven in enjoyment, depending primarily on who was writing the issue.
    For the 2022-2023 12-issue run, there were additional writers credited for writing issues, which is why I haven't bought most of this run.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Problem is, I want a "Batfix" without Superman or other stuff like that.

I just want a Batman in a Gotham City that isn't destroyed every three arcs. I want a Batman actually patrolling the city at night and stopping crime so that the city can be more livable for the average citizen. I want Alfred back. I want Gordon back as police commissioner and not saddled with that useless "Sorrow" mook. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of some of the lame additions to the Batfamily from the past decade or so.

But DC doesn't give a crap about what an older reader like me wants, so I'm not holding my breath that any of what I want will happen.

Oh, and I would like the past +/-ten years of Batman's stories to just be written off as an alternate universe, too.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I just want a Batman in a Gotham City that isn't destroyed every three arcs. I want a Batman actually patrolling the city at night and stopping crime so that the city can be more livable for the average citizen...

But DC doesn't give a crap about what an older reader like me wants, so I'm not holding my breath that any of what I want will happen.
    I can't agree on all points but certainly this.

The frustrating thing is there's no reason DC can't give us a book we want. Batman can support 3-4 books!

You can have Batman as the modern "Snyder"-style story of city-wide stakes with everything exploding and Batman being a reactionary paramilitary force with 20 team members and magic technology.

Detective Comics could be a more classic approach. Just Batman, civilian support characters dealing with smaller scale crimes.

Another for the Bat-Family/character focused stories.

It was basically that set up in the early 00s, with Rucka, Brubaker, and Grayson, and that's my favourite era for a reason. Every book felt unique and had a different selling point.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The voting for Jason Todd's death presages the common internet toxicity.

I know she's kinda, sorta an anti-hero now (depending on the writer), but I feel like once Poison Ivy stopped being just a plant-themed crazy lady and turned into a practical Elemental with actual plant powers, she doesn't work as a Batman rogue anymore.

Feel like she should get traded to some other hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I know she's kinda, sorta an anti-hero now (depending on the writer), but I feel like once Poison Ivy stopped being just a plant-themed crazy lady and turned into a practical Elemental with actual plant powers, she doesn't work as a Batman rogue anymore.

Feel like she should get traded to some other hero.
    Well... she's fought Supergirl more than most Bat-rogues...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I just want a Batman in a Gotham City that isn't destroyed every three arcs. I want a Batman actually patrolling the city at night and stopping crime so that the city can be more livable for the average citizen. I want Alfred back. I want Gordon back as police commissioner and not saddled with that useless "Sorrow" mook. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of some of the lame additions to the Batfamily from the past decade or so.

Oh, and I would like the past +/-ten years of Batman's stories to just be written off as an alternate universe, too.
    Read Detective Comics.

As for Poison Ivy, I feel like she still works like in No Man's Land.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Sounds like what you need is...a new Batman cartoon!

With a new cartoon, we get classic Batman versus the villain of the episode. We get newish variations of the classic villains (and heroes). We get Alfred's dry wit. In other words, we get a refresh/reboot with the rest of the DCU dragging Gotham City down. Most importantly, we get fun!

Remember when reading comics was fun? (No one is maimed or murdered...Goodness and Justice prevails...y'know, the olden days?) The art was pleasing to look at and the story was a joy to read.

I don't remember. So, I don't really read comics anymore... expect for Batman and Scooby Doo.

I am reading Batman & Robin too...for now. (I don't expect to good to last long. It ever does.)

I think a new Batman cartoon would do us both a lot of good!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I can't agree on all points but certainly this.

The frustrating thing is there's no reason DC can't give us a book we want. Batman can support 3-4 books!

You can have Batman as the modern "Snyder"-style story of city-wide stakes with everything exploding and Batman being a reactionary paramilitary force with 20 team members and magic technology.

Detective Comics could be a more classic approach. Just Batman, civilian support characters dealing with smaller scale crimes.

Another for the Bat-Family/character focused stories.

It was basically that set up in the early 00s, with Rucka, Brubaker, and Grayson, and that's my favourite era for a reason. Every book felt unique and had a different selling point.
    yeah, they could.

they don't.

What does this tell us?

Extraordinary Member

No way Bruce would let a non-chosen Batman like Jace Fox go on this long, without confronting him.
    Are we to assume Bruce is aware of him in NYC, or that his identity is Lucious’s son.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No way Bruce would let a non-chosen Batman like Jace Fox go on this long, without confronting him.
    Are we to assume Bruce is aware of him in NYC, or that his identity is Lucious’s son.
    It's a big plot hole for the book. I'd assume he knows or put it together on his own rather than Lucius telling him.

I thought Bruce might know of Jace but I doubt Lucius told him about Jace's hit and run or parentage etc.

Jace and the other Future State additions would've benefitted from the Black Label approach that Gargoyle of Gotham and Superman Lost has. They gain very little from being in the main continuity.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2024 at 11:39 AM.

I want a 2 year long arc where the city is not in jeopardy, the world isn't onfire or in danger, and no one is 'gunning for' batman... just crime happens batman stops it then crime happens batman investigates and solves it then crime happens and batman stops it ect... and no named main Bat fam members are killed or maimed..
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.