Page 124 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Also i think it fair to point out, a lot of new Bat characters aren't even created to be supporting characters. Now they often just slap the Bat brand on characters created or envisioned to be central characters. Dick was created to be Bruce's Watson, so its his character to be able to help support Batman. To a fault now maybe, but still. But a character that was mentioned like Cass Cain. That character wasn't built to support anyone. Its uncharacteristic for her to even lose a fight. Seriously if a non super powered character even touches her, and even some super powered people, its often perceived as out of characters. Now im not trying to knock Cass here, thats not my point here, but hopefully you see what im saying. With good number of the current Bat family its not even in their nature to be supporting characters. Its not what they were designed for. Batwing is another one. He was created to be the Batman of Africa, and then recreated to be a Batman Beyond/Nightwing like central character. Shoot him in the head just to make Batman sad. Your gonna find yourself with people who either don't care or find it offensive.
    Point. Maybe that's why Cass Cain Batgirl series can go for so long because she can stand on her own.

David didn't because he's too far away, and Luke... well, I think by this point there are already so many more popular Batfam characters with their own books that people just don't have any pocket money left.

Duke and Harper are created as a supporting cast though, Duke to be a Robin and Harper as a civilian point of view character. Then they push Harper too hard before gathering enough fans and make people don't like her.

Duke and Harper are created as a supporting cast though, Duke to be a Robin and Harper as a civilian point of view character. Then they push Harper too hard before gathering enough fans and make people don't like her.
    Never read Harper, but I liked Duke in the mini and we are Robin. More ensembley. Well, in WaR somewhat, in his mini, he was the star with the has supporting cast. I'd rather see him with them than with the Bruce. Maybe work with Damian some, as that dynamic was a bit interesting. Though mostly in a way that "expires" naturally for a hero (he didn't like the kid's personality, but knew the kid was capable and suited to handling things way out Duke's league, but his skill would move up in time and make that no longer the case).

I maintain that some of the sidekicks they want to flourish need to go to other cities. Gotham is crowded as **** and Batman having agents all across the globe is semi-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Never read Harper, but I liked Duke in the mini and we are Robin. More ensembley. Well, in WaR somewhat, in his mini, he was the star with the has supporting cast. I'd rather see him with them than with the Bruce. Maybe work with Damian some, as that dynamic was a bit interesting. Though mostly in a way that "expires" naturally for a hero (he didn't like the kid's personality, but knew the kid was capable and suited to handling things way out Duke's league, but his skill would move up in time and make that no longer the case).
    Yes. Duke in We Are Robin works because that story came out naturally based on all the conditions that happened beforehand. His parents were attacked and incapacitated by the Joker, then Batman was presumed dead while Bruce got amnesia and Damian went away to atone for his past sins. Duke has an issue to settle but no way to go, so when he and other kids were offered a chance to make a difference in a city that lost its Batman and Robin, they take it.

It's a series with a deadline, can only go up until the city got their official Batman and Robin again, but it works for that particular setting.

Then once he's actually taken into the Manor, they have to rack their brains again to make him stand out.

Now that I think about it, since the Robin War has Dick and the others trained him, and they acknowledged his and the other kids' ability, they should be able to continue operating and the series can continue, but Snyder wants Duke at the Manor.

We Are Robin as a series theoretically can continue with Damian, the official Robin, and Duke, the acknowledged unofficial Robin, co-leading the same cast.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-13-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Edited:

Nevermind. I read wrong. This is what happens when I read too fast.

How much do people even like the new cast? Because if they don’t like it they shouldn’t really have them around much

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How much do people even like the new cast? Because if they don’t like it they shouldn’t really have them around much
    Sale number wise, Luke managed to sustain a series for two or three years I think? Before it gets canceled? Beyond appearances in team books, they haven't tried again, but he's gonna be Batman in the 5th Generation story.

Duke is popular enough they give him a mini-series after We Are Robin, though it could also be that the person who keeps pushing him is Scott Snyder, one of the biggest names at DC so maybe they allow it to see if he can sustain a series but looks like the sale is not enough for a solo ongoing, but he's around long enough and proved himself so he gets to be featured in another team book.

Harper never got a solo chance because of all the problems I mentioned before. Aside from a few cameos in Detective Comics, she got benched.

Which is a shame because I always found Harper to be a million times more interesting than Duke. I liked Duke in We Are Robin (even though I hated that little arc as a whole) but after officially joining the family he just became...boring.

Wasnt Harpers problem that someone outed Snyders intention to make her Nightwing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Sale number wise, Luke managed to sustain a series for two or three years I think? Before it gets canceled? Beyond appearances in team books, they haven't tried again, but he's gonna be Batman in the 5th Generation story.

Duke is popular enough they give him a mini-series after We Are Robin, though it could also be that the person who keeps pushing him is Scott Snyder, one of the biggest names at DC so maybe they allow it to see if he can sustain a series but looks like the sale is not enough for a solo ongoing, but he's around long enough and proved himself so he gets to be featured in another team book.

Harper never got a solo chance because of all the problems I mentioned before. Aside from a few cameos in Detective Comics, she got benched.
    Luke lasted just over a year, and it was probably given some leeway to even get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wasnt Harpers problem that someone outed Snyders intention to make her Nightwing ?
    It was just the wrong time for Harper. And the what they tried to do with her didn't really seem to connect. After spending a biweekly on her they seem to give up on her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-13-2019 at 06:23 PM.

How is Batman’s parenting style? I kind of have to wonder he has done some twisted things in some comcis. Making you wonder bad or good parent. One it’s just something I wish was kind of made a parody

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How is Batman’s parenting style? I kind of have to wonder he has done some twisted things in some comcis. Making you wonder bad or good parent. One it’s just something I wish was kind of made a parody

Incredible Member

Rachel Dawes from the Nolan-verse should be incorporated into the main continuity's backstory. She could be part of Batman's ongoing dynamic with Two Face with a retcon, maybe with 5g.

I like that Andrea Beaumont will be part of Batman/Catwoman, whenever that comes out, and generally like the idea of "everything happened" continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It didn't involve a banana but he already broke his neck XD

Wait let me count the Batfam members again, starting with the ones with costume
    1. Bruce
    2. Dick
    3. Selina
    4. Jason
    5. Tim
    6. Steph
    7. Cass
    8. Helena
    9. Duke
    10. Luke
    11. Jean-Paul
    12. Kate
    13. Bette
    Then the ones not in costume but close enough proximity to be recurring
    14. Alfred
    15. Gordon
    16. Lucius
    17. Leslie
    Then the ones in or out of costume but inactive
    18. Harper
    19. Harold Alnut
    Then the extended family
    20. Cullen Row
    21. Tamara Fox
    22. Tiffany Fox
    23. Lucius' wife
    24. Duke's... brother?
    25. Duke's parents
    Then the ones who died but once has been a supporting cast
    26. Tim's parents
    More of the forgotten ones
    27. Kathy Kane
    28. Onyx
    29. Sasha Bordeaux (I think she's in Wonder Woman now)
    30. Misfit? Or does she count as Birds of Prey supporting cast?
    Became Enemy
    31. Gotham Girl
    32. Holly Robinson
    Another one I forgot if you wanna count her
    33. Kitrina Falcone (Catgirl)
    Might as well since he's in the Batman Family book in the 70s
    34. Kirk Langstrom
    and his family, a wife and two kids

Accidentally deleted
    35. Babs
    36. Damian
    Duke doesn't have a brother
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Batman should be complex and it should be debatable whether or not he should get a happy conclusion to his story.