Page 102 of 267 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree on that she should not be re-crippled. And I don't see why she shouldn't run a team and occasionally get into the field (something she really enjoyed). Or even do so often. While I didn't mind it, I felt her doing intel for the JL and stuff was kind of a manufactured role - everyone managed their own research and many worked fine without someone at headquarters directing them before they needed something for paralyzed Barbara to do. Plus, wheelchair-runs-the-show is kind of a trope. I mean, there was Calder and Professor X. And when you extend it to the person running the show being someone who just can't do the physical stuff, the list gets much, much longer.
    Eh, could be she retires from the field because of family reasons or something (barring something drastic happening).
    Her running her own team works much better for me than intel for others, though, because it seems less like an unnecessary role created to fit her needs. But I enjoyed her at Batgirl in the old days (as well as as Oracle), and see no reason she shouldn't stay in the field. Just not as a de-aged Batgirl, not taken to an earlier, less-mature point in her life. New code name, and not de-aged would be my preference, but I just don't think they're going to let her and Dick be the ages they should be, that we saw them grow to. Ages Batman too much.
    Meh to "aging Batman" too much. Make the old fart 50+, and a grandpa to Dick's kids (if not Jason's as well by this point).

As for the second part - I want more people having their own codenames instead of re-using old ones (this especially applies to adult characters), and kinda thought Batgirl was a demotion for Steph (which I know no one agrees with, but I much preferred her as Spoiler, thematically speaking), and a bad message overall (yay - she gets validation from the people who treated her like crap). So if someone has to take it, then Cass, again with a mentor/student thing going on with Barbara.
    While short, Steph's run as Batgirl was pretty fun, and added her own element to it. Just like Cass did, and Babs before both. DC is known for its legacy characters, and DiDio can stuff it on that part.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Dick Grayson should be Robin, at or around 12-years-old.

BOOM!

Bruce should be a senior citizen, and the "grumpy old grandpa" that ends up doing whatever his grandkids say.
    Dick should be in his 30s, and a parent of at least Mar'i Grayson (marital status in the air)
    Jason in his mid-to-late 20s, possibly a parent, but a doting uncle that can be a bit too over protective.
    Tim finally off the coffee, with a mini-horde of kids (maybe with Steph).
    Damian in his final years of high school, having mellowed out overall, though not above tricking others to do his bidding. Often hangs out with Jon, getting into shenanigans.

Babs still keeps an eye on the Boys Wonder, though now looking to follow in her father's footsteps as a cop. Whether she and Dick are together, or just friends, don't know.
    Cass, by day, is the lead dancer for the Gotham Ballet Troupe, and Bat Orphan by night. She spends time getting to know the others as well.
    Steph is going through college with Tim, possibly WITH Tim, to be a social worker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Dick Grayson should be Robin, at or around 12-years-old.

BOOM!
    He was robin at 12
    8-12-15
    it doesnt matter

Bruces still has to age

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He was robin at 12
    8-12-15
    it doesnt matter

Bruces still has to age
    I guess my point is, Bruce would always be around 35-40, while Dick will always be around 12-15.

I don't really need nor want to see these characters age.

BANNED

Grant Morrison Batman is overrated and completely complexing.

Tim should retire from the Batman family.

Jason Todd is better off dead than alive.

There should be a new Oracle within the DCU.

Cass and Stephanie belong as members of the Batman family.

Stephanie time as Robin should have been longer and she should have lived from her first demise.

Scott Snyder Batman should be seen as an alternative reality/world of Batman.

I guess my point is, Bruce would always be around 35-40, while Dick will always be around 12-15.

I don't really need nor want to see these characters age.
    Why 35-40 for Bruce when he started out more like 25? I get not wanting them to age (though I don't agree), but why age up Bruce a decade first?

DC is known for its legacy characters, and DiDio can stuff it on that part.
    I don't care about Didio, it's just my opinion that characters deserve their own identities and names. And I loved Impulse not being Kid Flash (but look what happened). Also makes it much easier to scan summaries and search tags IRL. Also because I think it'd cut down on inter-fanbase squabbling over who the best to bear the name is or comparing all latercomers to the "real" whatever-name-it-is. And I don't care for a grown woman to switch to a code name with "girl" in the title.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Why 35-40 for Bruce when he started out more like 25? I get not wanting them to age (though I don't agree), but why age up Bruce a decade first?.
    My feeling is that most of the prominent heroes (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.) would have started about 10 years ago, similar to the Zero Hour timeline. So all would be about 35 or thereabouts. With Robin or any of the sidekicks for that matter, they would have only been around for a couple of years at most.

My feeling is that most of the prominent heroes (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.) would have started about 10 years ago, similar to the Zero Hour timeline. So all would be about 35 or thereabouts. With Robin or any of the sidekicks for that matter, they would have only been around for a couple of years at most.
    Ah, that doesn't work for me. I'm very tied to Robin early in Batman's career, since he appeared so very early in the golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Cass and Stephanie belong as members of the Batman family.
    That's a controversial opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's a controversial opinion?
    It is the DC higher ups apparently.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It is the DC higher ups apparently.
    Yup! And I share your controversial opinion 100%.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So you basically just want her to be like every other superhero?
    No. I wanted her to be like the more independent heroes of yesteryear and less like the more newly introduced heroes that are so often subordinate/answerable to someone else. To set her own goals, arrange her own training, be self-funding, make her own decisions, forge her own destiny. Rather than being somewhat guided/hand-held/managed by someone else, like so many new heroes get. As I said, I was sold on her not being a protege, and she was a protege (Jacob's). Just like all Batman's proteges (including an unfortunately retconned Barbara - he managed their training, he funded them, he set up tests, he made rules, etc. even if some eventually outgrew the role). That's exactly what Jacob did for Kate. She's less self-guiding and less in-control than early Batman - not the equal footing I was told I would get. As I said, if I hadn't read an article/blog post that specifically highlighted that she wasn't supposed to be all that, I likely wouldn't have cared. But to me, she was every bit what those proteges were (in contrast to Batman, who set out independently and managed everything himself and answered to no one), only with Jacob in place of Bruce. Hell, he's even a parent, just as Bruce was to so many of his proteges.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-23-2019 at 08:02 AM.

No. I wanted her to be like the more independent heroes of yesteryear than the more newly introduced heroes that are all subordinate to someone else. To set her own goals, arrange her own training, be self-funding, make her own decisions, forge her own destiny. Rather than being guided/hand-held/managed by someone else, like so many new heroes get. As I said, I was sold on her not being a protege, and she was a protege (Jacob's). Just like all Batman's proteges. Less self-guiding and less in-control than Batman - not the equal footing I was told I would get.
    What new heroes are being hand held by someone else? And how are they being hand held as opposed to just having people who help them out like plenty of heroes of yester year have had?

No. I wanted her to be like the more independent heroes of yesteryear and less like the more newly introduced heroes that are so often subordinate/answerable to someone else. To set her own goals, arrange her own training, be self-funding, make her own decisions, forge her own destiny. Rather than being somewhat guided/hand-held/managed by someone else, like so many new heroes get. As I said, I was sold on her not being a protege, and she was a protege (Jacob's). Just like all Batman's proteges (including an unfortunately retconned Barbara - he managed their training, he funded them, he set up tests, he made rules, etc. even if some eventually outgrew the role). That's exactly what Jacob did for Kate. She's less self-guiding and less in-control than early Batman - not the equal footing I was told I would get. As I said, if I hadn't read an article/blog post that specifically highlighted that she wasn't supposed to be all that, I likely wouldn't have cared. But to me, she was every bit what those proteges were (in contrast to Batman, who set out independently and managed everything himself and answered to no one), only with Jacob in place of Bruce. Hell, he's even a parent, just as Bruce was to so many of his proteges.
    If all this hinges on the bolded parts... why don't you just change your initial view, since it turned out to be mistaken, or based on misleading info? You're basically letting something that was never true in the first place color your opinion, even in light of the correct information.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)