Page 117 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3996
    Fantastic Member

He actually was 28 in the Bronze Age. He celebrated his 28th in an Batman Family issue, and said "it's been 20 years since i was 8 and my parents died". When 18 year old Dick left for college he called Bruce "brother". It's weird and one of the reason i dont get Bronze Age Batman.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    No one cares about Stephanie Brown and her place in the Batman Family.
    What a bold thing to say in a thread created by one of Stephanie's biggest fans on this forum hahaha.

But this is the most relevant post here in a while.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Doesn't Mother Panic....

A. Hate Batman because he's an ******* to her.
    B. Take place in a different universe? Like identical in all but a few ways but still different.
    He was actually pretty nice to her the one time they met. She just doesn't like any of the bats at all.
    Originally, the series was on the main Earth, but Violet got transported to a different universe during Milk Wars.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mother Panic's autonomy makes her more interesting, same use to go for Batwoman. Batman has more the enough sidekicks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-29-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman and Catwoman are boring. Give me Wonder Woman and Batman.

a One Night Stand between Jason Todd and Harley Quinn would be an interesting angle for a Story about the Trauma caused by Joker and I'm surprised it hasnt happened yet
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

We have a lot of instances where Nightwing and Robin interact, so I'd like to see Robin and Red Hood together more.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Why and how?
    While the other Robins (and most of the Bat-family) have been 'shaped' by Batman (trained by him, inspired by him etc) MP built herself outside of Gotham and the Bat's shadow. However, like Bruce she comes from money and suffered horrendous trauma as a child that led to her becoming a costumed fighter. This gives her a nice parallel to Batman but at the same time she's a self-made (and self-destructive) hero with no allegiance, debt, hero worship etc to Bruce. I think there's a lot to work there if they bring MP back into the main universe and pair her up with Batman.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    While the other Robins (and most of the Bat-family) have been 'shaped' by Batman (trained by him, inspired by him etc) MP built herself outside of Gotham and the Bat's shadow. However, like Bruce she comes from money and suffered horrendous trauma as a child that led to her becoming a costumed fighter. This gives her a nice parallel to Batman but at the same time she's a self-made (and self-destructive) hero with no allegiance, debt, hero worship etc to Bruce. I think there's a lot to work there if they bring MP back into the main universe and pair her up with Batman.
    Huntress says hello. I do like MP but those exact themes have been explored in the Batverse before.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Batman and Catwoman are boring. Give me Wonder Woman and Batman.
    Wonder Woman's way better off without Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    The real Batman's soulmate.

batman-superman-selfie-variant.jpg
    Well, both are terrible fathers the last couple of years, so I can't say you're completely wrong.

Alfred should've died (I think he might have before actually) years ago, and he should stay dead; whether the death was handled well or not. beyond being Bruce's dad (and Bruce's found family has expanded significantly) he hasn't really served a purpose that anyone else couldn't fill in a long time. DEATHS. NEED. TO. HAVE. CONSEQUENCES. There are 5 million and fifteen different afterlifes they could explore, you don't need to resurrect every character that dies if you wanna keep using them.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Alfred should've died (I think he might have before actually) years ago, and he should stay dead; whether the death was handled well or not. beyond being Bruce's dad (and Bruce's found family has expanded significantly) he hasn't really served a purpose that anyone else couldn't fill in a long time. DEATHS. NEED. TO. HAVE. CONSEQUENCES. There are 5 million and fifteen different afterlifes they could explore, you don't need to resurrect every character that dies if you wanna keep using them.
    I've always felt that if a death was dumb or not handled well it invalidates the need for it to stick. Of course, your mileage may vary on that.

I mean...Alfred fulfilled a lot of roles in the Batfamily, so it's hard for me to imagine anyone else just coming in and fulfilling it exactly without some modification to existing characterization. He was basically everyone's dad in terms of the family dynamic, or even the cool and wise uncle, at least when the family was actually close and felt like an actual family.

I think comics are way past the point where deaths can really have serious consequences. At this point it's only believable if it happens in a media adaption or Elseworlds.

I mean...Alfred fulfilled a lot of roles in the Batfamily, so it's hard for me to imagine anyone else just coming in and fulfilling it exactly without some modification to existing characterization. He was basically everyone's dad in terms of the family dynamic, or even the cool and wise uncle, at least when the family was actually close and felt like an actual family.
    I agree no one else could fill the dad role for Bruce. I'd be more into seeing Bruce without anyone there for role. Of course, lost time that happened, we ended up with early 2000s Bruce, and I'd really like to avoid that. I can't say the entire family has ever been close since COIE. I mean, first Dick and Bruce were estranged. And Dick and Jason knew each other then, but weren't close. Then even when they weren't, Dick and Tim were close, but Dick and Bruce weren't (and there was a time when Tim did not talk about personal stuff with Bruce). Cass and Tim weren't close at first and I don't think Cass and Dick ever were. Then when Jason came back, obviously he wasn't close to anyone for a while. Damian and Tim usually haven't been. And only Damian and Cass have spent time with Duke, I think? Haven't read as much since New52.

I think comics are way past the point where deaths can really have serious consequences. At this point it's only believable if it happens in a media adaption or Elseworlds.
    Agreed.

I don't want Alfred to be dead, I just don't like way the role (and so many others) have shifted over time. And I don't like the deification of Alfred (though him dead may make that worse) that seems to come in at times. The idea that if he says it, it's true and correct. I have other issues, too, though, discussed elsewhere and mostly tying into Bruce's mental health, which, let's face it, isn't likely to improve long-term no matter who is dead or alive.