Page 12 of 267 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    - The family makes Batman interesting in the long haul.

- The Retun of Jason Todd was wanting and one of the best things DC ever did.

- Maybe an army of allies dismifies Batman`s aura a bit but the days of him as an urban legend are long gone. They`ve been gone ever since he became a member of oficial teams . It`s time to #dealwithit.

- Joker works the best the least he apears.

- Winnick`s Jason was great. Current Jason is better in the long haul.

- Jason was a more interesting Robin than Dick or Tim.

- Steph was more interesting than Barbara.

- Naked Bane is the best thing that has happened to the character since Secret Six.
    Blessed.

Re-reading UTH I'm still in love with Winnick's Jason just as much, but wouldn't trade it for N52 Jason's journey to maturity. He's gained a lot as a character.

Ehh, i don't know about that. Im not a fan of RHatO, though i respect that it has its fans. Still I feel like Jason is arguably the most irrelevant he's even been these days. Marooned on a book that is kind of ignored, on a journey that makes him honestly kind of boring and pointless. Like, im sorry, but whats the point of a mature and stable Red Hood? Where's the fun there? I liked Red Hood's issues. To me its what made him complex and interesting. I liked that he was antagonistic and defiant, its what made him different, and when he popped up in a story he had a presence you couldn't ignore. Its like giving us a humble and respectful Damian Wayne, or a Bruce Wayne thats content. No thank you.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-25-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Tim Drake is the most interesting member of the bat family and the least redundant. Not at all superfluous or easily replaceable. He does not at all deserve to be killed off/retired since he's still very relevant.

Tim is not a useless regressed Not-Robin whose current continued existence is only thanks to nostalgia.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-25-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Uh, oh. Someone has hacked Fergus' account.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    They could be written better than they are. It's up to their fans to communicate with DC and make their wishes known.
    The fans should never be allowed to communicate anything. Talk about the inmates running the asylum! Here's an idea, why don't we just let creators create. If you like it read it if you don't, go read something else. Fans must never be allowed to dictate the direction of stories/characters especially the vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Uh, oh. Someone has hacked Fergus' account.
    Dastardly fiends

Ehh, i don't know about that. Im not a fan of RHatO, though i respect that it has its fans. Still I feel like Jason is arguably the most irrelevant he's even been these days. Marooned on a book that is kind of ignored, on a journey that makes him honestly kind of boring and pointless. Like, im sorry, but whats the point of a mature and stable Red Hood? Where's the fun there? I liked Red Hood's issues. To me its what made him complex and interesting. I liked that he was antagonistic and defiant, its what made him different, and when he popped up in a story he had a presence you couldn't ignore. Its like giving us a humble and respectful Damian Wayne, or a Bruce Wayne thats content. No thank you.
    Aren't you the one always talking about how character stagnation is a bad thing?

I get the appeal of Winnick Jason, but honestly it would get old fast if it stays that way. Saying Jason is like a humble Damian Wayne or a content Bruce Wayne is a gross dismissal of his character development that has been happening non-stop since the N52. But this is a conversation that happened before and went nowhere, and I don't care to repeat it here. I'll say only this, Rebirth Jason continues to be a complex character, with his viewpoint frequently being challenged by almost everybody in his book and it's fascinating to see where he will go from here.

Most things get old after a while. Im not saying he needed to stay that exact way, or should have, or that they shouldn't have him do different things. Doing the same things does get boring after a while, but in reforming him and having him get over his issues, or "mature", he kind of loses his point and purpose (which has been going on, and under the same creator, for how long now?). Sure now they get to have him work next to Batman and friends, but he fades into the background working next to Batman and friends.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-25-2016 at 01:46 PM.

While I think RHATO isn't as bad as some say I prefer a darker more villainous Jason to the watered down version. He was more interesting and compelling.

Extraordinary Member

. Sure now they get to have him work next to Batman and friends, but he fades into the background working next to Batman and friends.
    But thats imo mostly a problem with the Batman writers, who don't really do something with him that let him stand out.

Jason is in his own boook (at leat pre rebirth) still quite willing to cross lines the other wouldn't, look for example what he did with the Iron Rule in the final issue of RH/A.

But in the cross overs he suddely plays nice, and the other charcters are suddenly doing the more drastic things (like Dick using his Hypnos on Sculptor in B&RE and Damian blowing up the prison or elctrocuting Robo-Bat in Robin War).
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-25-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Scott Lobdell has done more for Jason Todd than anyone since the New 52. Who ever thought the idea of turning Jason into a tentacle monster who ate people was either dumb or high.
    True but he hasn't got much competition. How many people have written Jason in a major capacity since the New 52?

DC should stop shoving Damian Wayne down my throat. He's the most overrated, overpowered, annoying character written in the last 8 years.
    How is Damian "overpowered" when compared to the other Robins? Dick was just a kid in the circus who was able to beat up fully grown men on a regular basis at the age of 12. The whole concept of Robin requires a kid who can somehow beat up adults and Damian isn't any different. At least he has the backstory of being trained by the League as an explanation for his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    True but he hasn't got much competition. How many people have written Jason in a major capacity since the New 52?

How is Damian "overpowered" when compared to the other Robins? Dick was just a kid in the circus who was able to beat up fully grown men on a regular basis at the age of 12. The whole concept of Robin requires a kid who can somehow beat up adults and Damian isn't any different. At least he has the backstory of being trained by the League as an explanation for his skills.
    This right here. Seems people only have a problem with kids taking on grown men when that kid happens to be Damian. That's what Robins do. It's what they've always done and he's the only one with a reasonable explanation for why he's able to do so.

Damian gets as good as he gives. While sometimes writers can get carried away, he isn't infallible by any means. Many stories have him in over his head and out powered. In fact im not sure any Robin has been brutalized as much as Damian has.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-25-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Jason works better as a villain or in the ground than as an anti-hero.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics