Page 126 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3996
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Now that the dust's cleared, don't care for Last Knight on Earth. Didn't really work for me, but damn if every page wasn't beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Red Robin should join the Doom Patrol for a series.
    I would read that.
    Actually, I think that's a good idea.
    I mean, it could be pretty interesting, and it could bring a few interesting interaction and stories to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Red Robin should join the Doom Patrol for a series.
    Why? Isnt' the theme of Doom Patrol being the freaks and outcasts banding together? What does Tim have to do with any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Why? Isnt' the theme of Doom Patrol being the freaks and outcasts banding together? What does Tim have to do with any of that?
    It would be a nice outsider view.

I'm curious. How does Bruce or any of the Batfam get away from no voice analyses

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. How does Bruce or any of the Batfam get away from no voice analyses
    voice analysis from where?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    voice analysis from where?
    Every now and then the Batfam would talk to news reporters. What’s stopping one person from running a voice test to see if it belongs to someone in Gotham

Every now and then the Batfam would talk to news reporters. What’s stopping one person from running a voice test to see if it belongs to someone in Gotham
    How are they going to get voice samples of every person in Gotham? Sure, Bruce Wayne is a pretty public figure, but they have no reason (most of the time) to suspect he (or any other public figure) is Batman, so no reason to compare them. It's needle in a very large haystack with a very low chance of success to someone who doesn't already have suspect. They'd need access to a huge library of voices to compare - does Amazon keep that stuff? Not that Bruce would have that in his home, but I'm just trying to think of large repositories of data. Not sure how much speaker distance, etc. matter since I know nothing about it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    How are they going to get voice samples of every person in Gotham? Sure, Bruce Wayne is a pretty public figure, but they have no reason (most of the time) to suspect he (or any other public figure) is Batman, so no reason to compare them. It's needle in a very large haystack with a very low chance of success to someone who doesn't already have suspect. They'd need access to a huge library of voices to compare - does Amazon keep that stuff? Not that Bruce would have that in his home, but I'm just trying to think of large repositories of data. Not sure how much speaker distance, etc. matter since I know nothing about it, really.
    Plus they could just disguise their voices while in costume. Wouldn't even have to be much, just enough to muddy up their civilian voices.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Why for godssake would they do something stupid like that? If I were a vigilante with suicidal tendencies... sure. Then I'd talk to Reporters. From a story perspective it wouldn't be interesting unless you are Tynion... then maybe you'd write something like that.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 12-20-2019 at 09:46 AM.

the only groups which could probably keep a database of every voice in gotham would probably be the government or maybe at a stretch extremely big companies that are a bit dodgy and I'm not sure that they would want to arrest Bruce even if they did know. If they went after Batman and caught him all it would do is leave Gotham very vulnerable to one of its 100s of super villian pychopaths.

How is BatmanÂ’s parenting style? I kind of have to wonder he has done some twisted things in some comcis. Making you wonder bad or good parent. One itÂ’s just something I wish was kind of made a parody
    Parenting Style - Did you see that story of the dad who took his 9yr old shooting and then accidentally shot him? That's pretty much Bruce.

Bruce is without question a bad parent. A Good Parent or Guardian at the very least does what's in the child's best interest.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They avoid reporters, and Batman at least has a voice modulator. The fam usually only talks to the police, coroner, informants, victims or criminals themselves. They're usually gone by the time reporters start coming in, and if they find the body, they can be gone before the cops are even there.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Do you suggest to record the voices of all white male with the same age, the same height and the same physique of Batman, even if no one know exactly his age, height and physique, in order to confront those voices whit the record of the Batman's one? I think it would be an huge works even if all the records would be perfect, but if those records were distorted by the noise of the street (like it is probably), then it would be a mission almost impossible.
    Moreover Bruce, Tim, Dick could decide to use the same costume in the same night, in order to have three Batman, or three Nightwing, or three Red Robin (or whatever the Tim's identy is) in different place of Gotham and set on the wrong track who try to find out their real identity; obviously Batwoman, Batgirl & Co. could do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Do you suggest to record the voices of all white male with the same age, the same height and the same physique of Batman, even if no one know exactly his age, height and physique, in order to confront those voices whit the record of the Batman's one? I think it would be an huge works even if all the records would be perfect, but if those records were distorted by the noise of the street (like it is probably), then it would be a mission almost impossible.
    Moreover Bruce, Tim, Dick could decide to use the same costume in the same night, in order to have three Batman, or three Nightwing, or three Red Robin (or whatever the Tim's identy is) in different place of Gotham and set on the wrong track who try to find out their real identity; obviously Batwoman, Batgirl & Co. could do the same thing.
    And until recently, Jason was legally dead. So no one in the general populace would have been looking for him.