Page 129 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Everyone in Batfam has to be messed up in someway. I wouldn’t mind if it happened every now and then but it doesn’t have to be every time.
    I don't feel Dick, Duke, Tim, Babs or Kate are messed up. The others sure but 5 I feel are fairly okay.

Cass and Damian were really messed up before joining the family but they've improved.

Jason has become more messed up since joining the family. meeting Bruce hasn't been a positive thing in his life.
    Tim's life got messed up after he joined but Tim himself isn't messed up.

He definitely has been at times. Way too Bruce-like in certain eras.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That's his personality nothing to do with messed up. This is the kid who stalked batman and robin. Obsessed about Robin and convinced himself that batman needs Robin. not Nightwing but Robin just so he can join the gang.

Tim isn't messed up he's just that type of person that believes he knows better and he's very detached.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I miss the Tim that was guided by a sense of justice lacking tragedy

I enjoyed the finale to Batman: Last Knight on Earth this week, but I'm really confused as to why Harper Row was never referenced or appeared in the series. From the three issues, it celebrates Scott's time on other titles (Swamp Thing, Justice League), as well as the various arcs in his various Batman series (All-Star Batman and Batman Eternal for example). Though I know I'm in the vast minority of it, I really would have liked to have seen her in a panel while Bruce is in Gotham.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's his personality nothing to do with messed up. This is the kid who stalked batman and robin. Obsessed about Robin and convinced himself that batman needs Robin. not Nightwing but Robin just so he can join the gang.

Tim isn't messed up he's just that type of person that believes he knows better and he's very detached.
    I disagree. Firstly, he did not convince himself Batman needs a Robin so he could join the gang. He set out to find Dick and to convince Dick to go back to being Robin again. That failed. I believe, but would not swear, that Dick initially brought up the idea of Tim being Robin. This is, of course, as it originally played out rather than anything said/retconned later.

And Tim was not detached and far less likely to think he knew best in the old days. He had a very different personality in the 1990s then in the 2005-2011 era. I would argue that having this role, having so many around him die, having writers decided he need to change absolutely messed him up, emotionally-speaking. He used to be a good deal healthier. Not necessarily when he first showed up (when he still wasn't detached), but definitely during the first 100 issues of his own comic. I definitely consider him, like Bruce to have quite emotionally "messed up" in some eras.

Stalking Batman and Robin - as far as I can tell, it's heavily fanon. I started a thread on it a while back. As far as I've been able to glean from his original appearance, he only followed Batman after Jason died and he became concerned about increased violence levels. All the other material he has seems to be newspaper and magazine clippings.

As for "Batman needs a Robin" - it gets attribute to Tim, because it's part of his origin story, but he's not the first to say it. I've actually discussed the difference in tone and implication in it's earlier usage before. I won't say this was the first time it was used, but it was close enough to Tim's debut to make me wonder if it was deliberate.
    batman needs robin.jpg
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-23-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    is Batman Black/white even canon?
    Nope. Does it have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't feel Dick, Duke, Tim, Babs or Kate are messed up. The others sure but 5 I feel are fairly okay.

Cass and Damian were really messed up before joining the family but they've improved.

Jason has become more messed up since joining the family. meeting Bruce hasn't been a positive thing in his life.
    I don't mean all of them. It just seems certain writers want many of the characters to almost be like Bruce. It's not all the time.

Lazy writing. They are a bat character so they act like Batman. You see it a lot in team settings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nope. Does it have to be?
    If you want to use it as an Argument for Dick being an outcast imo it should be, as non canon story it has imo much less weight than main continuity stories that show him in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you want to use it as an Argument for Dick being an outcast imo it should be, as non canon story it has imo much less weight than main continuity stories that show him in school.
    Oh, it's more of an FYI.

Canon wise, aside from what Tzigone already mentioned, he has no problem in New 52 high school.

Did Dick even go to high school in the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah. It's only in one flashback issue and lasts for a page, I think. Batman and Robin Annual #2. Bruce invited Dick because he found Damian's secret gift for Dick post mortem. Dick told the story from his Robin days that he told Damian that lead to the gift.

Why can’t the Batfam other than Bruce have relationships outside their own books last? Like Dick and Kori. Is it because they might have to appear more and more in Batman comics?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why wouldn't he? Bruce ain't a home schooler