Page 13 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Bruce should never have more than 10 Bat-Family members. Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Babs, Steph, Cass, Kate, Selina, and Luke are all he needs at the moment.
    I would probaly go for a slightly diffrent cast but appart from it I agree.

I'd more controversially prefer that was cut down to like 5. 10 is still a bloated number. I don't see characters like Luke as important members of the Bat-Family, and I don't think of Selina as a Bat-Family member. Three Robins (with one in the ground) and two Batgirls, or just a Robin and a Batgirl.

I guess that makes another controversial opinion of mine that the New52's truncation of the Bat-Family was a good thing and also not far enough.

Last edited by Pohzee; 12-26-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    While I think RHATO isn't as bad as some say I prefer a darker more villainous Jason to the watered down version. He was more interesting and compelling.
    Here`s the thing. Current Jason is dark.

What you actually want is a villanous Jason alright. They`re not exclusively the same thing. It`s not really about writers, they`re simply not giving you the kind of dark you would like.

As to whoever talked about stagnation, that`s exactly what it was Pre-Flashpoint. Un-poignant villany cliché. Even Winnick actually moved past that when he last wrote him, if you notice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Most things get old after a while. Im not saying he needed to stay that exact way, or should have, or that they shouldn't have him do different things. Doing the same things does get boring after a while, but in reforming him and having him get over his issues, or "mature", he kind of loses his point and purpose (which has been going on, and under the same creator, for how long now?). Sure now they get to have him work next to Batman and friends, but he fades into the background working next to Batman and friends.
    If you read RATHO, you know Jason hasn`t gone over all his issues. No character does and keeps being interesting, Batman included. What they`ve been doing is something else, is making him deal with them in a mature way (or more than he did before) and learn from it.

To be more precise, the first RATHO was how he dealt past his UTRH drama. RHAA was about how he tries to be what Roy looked as him as. Current Jason is trying to start on a clean state but this time he`s been placed as the Batman of his surrogate family and for the first time he has to act like the father instead of the son asnwering things back.

Oops double post
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Here`s the thing. Current Jason is dark.

What you actually want is a villanous Jason alright. They`re not exclusively the same thing. It`s not really about writers, they`re simply not giving you the kind of dark you would like.

As to whoever talked about stagnation, that`s exactly what it was Pre-Flashpoint. Un-poignant villany cliché. Even Winnick actually moved past that when he last wrote him, if you notice.
    Pretty sure my original post said villainous and no I don't find him particularly dark at the moment not with people like Bruce and Damian running around upping the Dark ante. I would prefer his darkness knocked up a notch.

BANNED

. Dick Grayson`s best stint as a character was in Teen Titans heydays, his Nigthwing included. He kind of gets boring everywhere else, save some especific runs here and there like Grayson.

. I actually enjoyed Azz`s run on Luke and I think it works best in a sort of DKR setting. I feel he`s meh everywhere else.

. 90`s Azrael was the ****.

BANNED

Pretty sure my original post said villainous and no I don't find him particularly dark at the moment not with people like Bruce and Damian running around upping the Dark ante. I would prefer his darkness knocked up a notch.
    It said villanous and it also said dark and it`s not automatically the same. Just pointing it out.

I get you don`t find him particularly dark, that`s fine. I don`t find Damian dark one bit. He`s an entitled primadona was who raised to be so. Batman does, especially under two writers and I chose to appreciate how both he and Jason deal with their themes.

. 90`s Azrael was the ****.
    As in it was really good, or do you mean that literally ?

It said villanous and it also said dark and it`s not automatically the same. Just pointing it out.

I get you don`t find him particularly dark, that`s fine. I don`t find Damian dark one bit. He`s an entitled primadona was who raised to be so. Batman does, especially under two writers and I chose to appreciate how both he and Jason deal with their themes.
    Well it all personal opinions and what not lets agree to disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As in it was really good, or do you mean that literally ?
    Oh, the good kind of ****

BANNED

Well it all personal opinions and what not lets agree to disagree.
    Absolutely, hats off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I'd more controversially prefer that was cut down to like 5. 10 is still a bloated number.
    You don't have to have all 10 allways arround at the same time, and you can also devide between members that are closer connected to Bruce (Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin) and some that are not so close (Red Hood, Catwoman, Spoiler, Huntress).

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I don't see characters like Luke as important members of the Bat-Family, and I don't think of Selina as a Bat-Family member.
    I also don't think Luke is important (and I'm not a fan of having a guy in a power suit around), but Selina is imo an important character in the franchise.

Maybe Batfamily is here the wrong word here, but I think that the number of charcters the Batfranchise can support is at best in the order of 10, and that they shouldn't add more if it isn't a really unique and fresh character.

Bruce doesn't need a biological son.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Bruce doesn't need a biological son.
    Of course he does. Bout time he endangered his own kid instead of other peoples.