Page 136 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3996
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

DC should parody themselves more and make a the Divorce Album. It would sell

I'm not sure how controversial this is, but: Dick Grayson is my favorite DC hero, not necessarily Nightwing. I love him as Nightwing, but I also love him as Robin, Batman, 37 etc. I think he has a strong enough core character that he is bigger than whatever costume he happens to be wearing at the time. Which is why the Ric situation sucks so much, because for the first time in his long history he's not himself.

I know Scott Snyder said that Last Knight on Earth was his last Batman story, but I'd love for him to write a miniseries that fills in the gap between the end of Last Knight on Earth and his Twenty-Seven story. If each Batman-clone got his own artist, a couple of issues, that'd be cool.

I'm also holding out hope that one day, Harper Row/Bluebird will get her due. And that's due, with an U.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    to me they're the same person same body he just lost his memory it's like if ric commit a crime they both go to jail and dick gets his memory back there he' still be doing 5 years even though ric commited the crime
    Except Dick wouldn't have committed said crime in the first place, or date whoever, but I think the comparison to a 5 year sentence is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So who outcasts them if the general public doesn't?
    People who know them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    People who know them.
    You'll have to describe how they consistently do that.

For me, outcast is "a person who has been rejected by society or a social group" and that is definitely not Dick or Tim. Being rejected by one person (as Dick was by Bruce in early post-COIE) is not being an outcast. I think one has to be rejected by a larger group on a consistent basis (one time being told to go away or not invited doesn't count as outcast). And this just is not how they are treated, IMO. Maybe Jason and Cass were rejected by other Batfam when they were evil (haven't actually read Cass' evil issues), but that doesn't count to me, because they were bad guys, and rejecting them appropriate. Dick and Tim are generally very accepted by broader hero community, who know them. And by social friends who know them, but not their secret identities.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-03-2020 at 05:13 AM.

It doesn’t really matter if you, or I, consider them an outcast. The point is they can easily be written as such.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

People who know them.
    Wait, what? Who? How?

It doesn’t really matter if you, or I, consider them an outcast. The point is they can easily be written as such.
    For them to be written as outcasts they'd have to be totally different characters entirely.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I know Scott Snyder said that Last Knight on Earth was his last Batman story, but I'd love for him to write a miniseries that fills in the gap between the end of Last Knight on Earth and his Twenty-Seven story. If each Batman-clone got his own artist, a couple of issues, that'd be cool.

I'm also holding out hope that one day, Harper Row/Bluebird will get her due. And that's due, with an U.
    Maybe she shows up in the next season of Young Justice as Bluebird? Heck, have her drop by the CW’s Batwoman show, even if she’s just plain ‘ol Harper (obviously building up to her suiting up as Bluebird).

I know this has been talked about but should Nightwing really become Batman? I know this has been part of a few storylines. But doesn’t this prove the fact Nightwing isn’t truly able to stand out on his own?

Depends on the story, but like anything do it too much and it becomes watered down. I don’t think it’s something that should be revisited anytime soon. Unless Morrison wants to do Batman and Robin again, then ok.

It pains me that Harper Row got more screen time than Jason Todd on Young Justice. That really hurt.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    It pains me that Harper Row got more screen time than Jason Todd on Young Justice. That really hurt.
    I feel like next season they'll have Jason become more of a presence.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I know this has been talked about but should Nightwing really become Batman? I know this has been part of a few storylines. But doesn’t this prove the fact Nightwing isn’t truly able to stand out on his own?
    No, he definitely should not become Batman. Certain storylines hit that point (others go the other way, as you acknowledge). I think he needs to be himself, to stand out on his own. He'd always be not the "real" Batman to fans, and that's not a good thing. But I'm that way about all the heroes - much prefer they make their own identities great (as the first gen did) instead of getting hand-me-down identities. I really dislike stories that show the future and show the "kids" grown up to take on the mantle of the mentors. Dick and Kon are ones that particularly bug me, since they've both had storylines that point out that's not what they should do. This is too much them getting validation or deriving worthy from being successors instead of from themselves.