Page 151 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know if it's controversial or not, but I think Tom King made a terrible mistake at the end of his rn by giving unlimited Superman-like powers to Gotham-Girl. She undermines the whole of Gotham if she uses them correctly, or just comes out as woefully incompetent if she doesn't. And it's really sad in both cases.
    I get the feeling future writers are going to avoid writing her or send her out of town in a soul searching journey

... by the way, since I never read it, what is Claire's parents' opinion on her being a superhero slash enforcer of Bane? Do they know? Are they still alive?

Ya, I think some are projecting with Damian being favored or loved more by Bruce.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-13-2020 at 08:56 AM.

I don't know if it's controversial or not, but I think Tom King made a terrible mistake at the end of his rn by giving unlimited Superman-like powers to Gotham-Girl. She undermines the whole of Gotham if she uses them correctly, or just comes out as woefully incompetent if she doesn't. And it's really sad in both cases.
    King made a mistake with Gotham Girl general. One of the weakest things about his run imo.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-13-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I get the feeling future writers are going to avoid writing her or send her out of town in a soul searching journey

... by the way, since I never read it, what is Claire's parents' opinion on her being a superhero slash enforcer of Bane? Do they know? Are they still alive?
    I don't think King is interested in writing about her that much. Maybe, if weˇ're lucky, we will know more in a short story or something, like that one with Ace. But I've the feeling he's going to write about her anymore.

I don't think any other writer is going to. She's a character created for a certain story, hasn't been as well received as Damian, for example, and she's too tied to King to be a "toy" for other writers to play with, in my opinion. I guess she will fade, like Harper, unless the next writers on Batman or Tec (or any other batbook) uses her soon.

So yep, I too think she's going to be put in a bus.

I liked Heath Ledger's Joker but i would have executed him offscreen if he was to be used post The Dark Knight.

Yeah, count Claire as yet another orphan Bruce has indoctrinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, count Claire as yet another orphan Bruce has indoctrinated.
    Wait. They were orphans too?
    Gotham has a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Gotham has a problem.
    Or Bruce does, considering how many orphans he tends to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Gotham has a problem.
    They weren't until they met Psycho Pirate and Hugo Strange, who had overtaken a bunch of Task Force X grunts. Gotham killed them all and removed his mask, but one of them had faked his death, invaded their home and killer their parents, which sealed Gotham's madness and was the reason why Claire had to kill her brother.

They weren't until they met Psycho Pirate and Hugo Strange, who had overtaken a bunch of Task Force X grunts. Gotham killed them all and removed his mask, but one of them had faked his death, invaded their home and killer their parents, which sealed Gotham's madness and was the reason why Claire had to kill her brother.
    Thank you. Huh, I really didn't pay attention to that book when I was reading, sigh. I've to have read that part, but I can't remember it for my life :/.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Or Bruce does, considering how many orphans he tends to take in.
    Gotham does have a problem. Someone keeps throwing parents off gargoyles for petty crimes leading to an orphan epidemic that thankfully Gotham's bestest son Bruce Wayne is here to take care of

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I just wish this is the kind of family drama that DC actually tackle, instead of the power player at WB/DC deliberately prioritizing Damian in marketing because HEY HE HAS A SON NOW! DID WE MENTION HE HAS A SON?
    They sure say it a lot.
    Now if only those same power players at DC would let us have some stories with this son. Maybe a Batman and Robin story. batman has had sidekicks helping him in some titles since rebirth
    Tec had RR
    ASB had Duke
    JL has Jarro

It would be great if we got some family stories but DC instead declares Damian off limits stopping writers who want to write him from using him.
    Show don't tell and this is without getting into the fact that adopted are also sons part.

I feel it's the writers not the power players which is why the gimmick isn't backed up by action and why writers like King after intense back went from one son to including everyone from Kate to huntress as Batman's kids.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-13-2020 at 01:59 PM.

I think this might have been mentioned before but I think that the chemical vat origin for Joker needs to go. It's far more interesting if he becomes the way he is by more organic means.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    They sure say it a lot.
    Now if only those same power players at DC would let us have some stories with this son. Maybe a Batman and Robin story. batman has had sidekicks helping him in some titles since rebirth
    Tec had RR
    ASB had Duke
    JL has Jarro

It would be great if we got some family stories but DC instead declares Damian off limits stopping writers who want to write him from using him.
    Show don't tell and this is without getting into the fact that adopted are also sons part.

I feel it's the writers not the power players which is why the gimmick isn't backed up by action and why writers like King after intense back went from one son to including everyone from Kate to huntress as Batman's kids.
    Huh!?
    It was revealed that Kate and Bruce are about the same age in Kate's Batwoman series. So her being on of his "kids" seems really off.

Yeah, DC was fine with weakening those family bonds. And eliminating Cass's entirely. Disliked Damian and "one son" idea we saw.

Huh!?
    It was revealed that Kate and Bruce are about the same age in Kate's Batwoman series. So her being on of his "kids" seems really off.
    It's a relative age that wouldn't have made sense in post-COIE era (I think - she was a cadet 10 years ago?). Bruce was much younger in N52 than he was before. Barbara and Dick have had some more years added back recently. Don't really know how old Bruce or Selina is now, but has he become older than Kate?

Not that I would ever think of Kate as one of his kids, but I absolutely hate Barbara cast as one of the protoges, too. Of course, I still prefer Kate unrelated to Bruce as a re-imagined Kathy Kane (and no separate Kathy Kane). Though it does muddy the waters on Bette and what her role should to whom and what connection there is and such.