Page 16 of 267 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It`s a bit amazing how all you talk about Cass is how good a figther she gets to be and thus how she earns bigger plotlines that way.

In truth, whether you like her or not, Barara will always be the more relevant Batgirl over either Steph or Cass. It got nothing to do with how many people x character can beat.

Astonishing Member

With both Cass and Steph holding their own roles I don't think DC really has any incentive to shift Babs out of the Batgirl role. It's another character they can give a title to and infinitely relaunch.
    Last edited by The World; 01-01-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I've read some comments about people saying that Cass is so capable at fighting that she's unbeatable and thus boring...first of, since when being badass is boring? plus, thats forgetting that she can barely read or write and has lots of trouble doing detective work, even when she tries...plus, i think that i don't need to remind everyone of why Cass is the best, coolest and most badass Batgirl ever (and only Batgirl to have ever been truly respected and taken seriously by everyone) she brought the Batgirl mantle to new heights never seen before or again...i mean, no offense to Babs, Nell and Stephanie, i like them as well, but just compare "Batgirl" as a character and as a concept then, and now, if you do this comparisson all you want to do is laugh afterwards...
    If she's so great, why doesn't she get any use outside of the comics? The truth is that she didn't add much to the role except for being a good fighter, which is why she didn't last long. Even her kewl costume wasn't even her own,

Mighty Member

The new prologue of The Killing Joke movie was brilliant and moving.

Invincible Member

Batman has no right to tell anyone not to be a vigilante superhero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Batman has no right to tell anyone not to be a vigilante superhero.
    Depends on who it is.If its someone with actual training behind them then yea.

If its just some kid off the street.Than he has every right to scold them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    If she's so great, why doesn't she get any use outside of the comics? The truth is that she didn't add much to the role except for being a good fighter, which is why she didn't last long. Even her kewl costume wasn't even her own,
    She doesn't get any use outside of the comics because the higher ups have no interest in her. A character's lack of use outside the comics is not always down to their quality.

Cass brings to the role of Batgirl being the child of two assassins as well as racial and disability representation which DC could definitely use given how much more diversity is being appreciated today.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-01-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Depends on who it is.If its someone with actual training behind them then yea.

If its just some kid off the street.Than he has every right to scold them for it.
    No he doesn't. Vigilantism is still illegal regardless of the skill the vigilante in question possesses. There's also the fact that more often than not Bruce's issue with other vigilantes has less to do with their skill set and more to do with their not upholding his vaunted one rule.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he doesn't. Vigilantism is still illegal regardless of the skill the vigilante in question possesses. There's also the fact that more often than not Bruce's issue with other vigilantes has less to do with their skill set and more to do with their not upholding his vaunted one rule.
    Eh.Not really concerned with the legality as much as preventing someone from getting themsevles killed.

Bruce has trained for years and has the support of his parents muti millon dollar company.So I don't think its wrong for disprove of someone trying a be vigilante without out any of that shit since its likely that they'll die
    Last edited by Baseman; 01-01-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Invincible Member

Eh.Not really concerned with the legality as much as preventing someone from getting themsevles killed.

Bruce has trained for years and has the support of his parents muti millon dollar company.So I don't think its wrong for disprove of someone trying a be vigilante without out any of that shit since its likely that they'll die
    That's the supposed in story reason he says that, but it still doesn't give him the right.

He also doesn't have the right to tell other heroes to stay out of "his" city.

I think if someone with Batman's wealth of training, experience, resources, and intuition told me I wasn't cut out to be a vigilante, I would take his word for it. Because who else has a better idea of what it takes?

But that's just me .

Though, honestly, I think we could use more examples in-universe of people who try and emulate Batman or become a Gotham vigilante and just can't cut it or deal with the lifestyle. Showcase how the Batfamily is a cut above the rest and that the life of a vigilante is not something that anyone can take on lightly (least of all without the proper training).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's the supposed in story reason he says that, but it still doesn't give him the right.

He also doesn't have the right to tell other heroes to stay out of "his" city.
    I have to disagree.Ones trained.The other isn't. Therefore I see no problem with Batman disapproving. Because if the kid gets killed playing vigilante, its batman that has to live with it.

Given how Gotham is typically treated as the crime and insanity capital of the world, you'd think he'd welcome some new talent helping out or the occasional visits from other heroes.

I have to disagree.Ones trained.The other isn't. Therefore I see no problem with Batman disapproving. Because if the kid gets killed playing vigilante, its batman that has to live with it.
    Why? it's not his kid and he doesn't have a patent on vigilantism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cass brings to the role of Batgirl being the child of two assassins as well as racial and disability representation which DC could definitely use given how much more diversity is being appreciated today.
    The only disabilty she had for the most part of her chareer was that she couldn't read because she never learned it. I'm not really sure if that really counts as "disability representation".

And having assassins or villains as parents is hardly something unique in current comics.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-02-2017 at 01:05 AM.