Page 168 of 267 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean since he doesn't go do these in Gotham, what makes other states or countries not arrest him? I mean is it because they are willing to overlook these things since he does more good?
    Justice League

Extraordinary Member

The Justice League does have government/UN sanction in many versions, so I suppose once he's acknowledged as a member his activities become de facto legal.

Mighty Member

I mean since he doesn't go do these in Gotham, what makes other states or countries not arrest him? I mean is it because they are willing to overlook these things since he does more good?
    Some may want to arrest him but do they have the ability to do it? Its a common belief that Batman doesn't kill because Gordon will go after him. Gordon and the GCPD are so inept they can't even stop/catch non-powered costume crazies, but they are going catch Batman? And if any law enforcement agencies want to arrest Batman then they should want to arrest every superhero on the planet.

Question has Batman ever goes and testify in court? Also, Superman and Wonder Woman have generally done speeches. Does Batman ever do that?
    Batman has often assisted law enforcement with obtaining evidence for prosecutions. Like CC TV footage of crimes, and stuff like that.

For you guys is Superman and Batman's relationship suppose to be bros or should they not be friends. I'm often tired about DC making Bruce way too paranoid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Basically the premise is to post opinions about members of the batfamily, or the behind the scenes aspects, that you have realized are controversial opinions to have around these-- or most-- parts.
    I like this premise.

-Authoritarian Batman is boring. Unhappy Batman is boring. Jerk Batman is boring. People, please stop writing him like this. Denny O'Neil, The Animated Series, and Morrison's Batman are what Batman "should" be like.

-Barbara is more interesting as Oracle, but she is not a good supporting character for Batman. I don't buy that Bruce would need Oracle in most cases. Oracle would work better in Birds of Prey than in Batman titles.

-Jason Todd is uninteresting and should be retconned out of canon. Damian Wayne is Jason Todd done right. The only way I wouldn't want Jason retconned is if Dick is ever Batman again.

Extraordinary Member

For you guys is Superman and Batman's relationship suppose to be bros or should they not be friends. I'm often tired about DC making Bruce way too paranoid.
    I prefer respectful but occasionally rough and aggravating friends. Batman really should be a bit annoyed by Superman’s optimism and faith in humanity while still kind of jealously admiring it, while Clark simply understands Bruce better than most, so he both knows the man’s usually forgivable flaws, and gets a bit insulted whenever Bruce tries to go all “Batman Only” mode on him.

If it were me, I’d have there be an implication that Bruce reminds Clark of Lex’s better days in Smallville.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I like them being bros. I don't think all the talk about them being complementary to one another holds up if they're not bros. As Grant Morrison would say, you need both your best self (Superman) and your dark subconscious (Batman) to work for the good of humanity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bros. The only time they should be at odds is when they are first meeting, but they are both smart dudes who should figure out pretty quickly that they have more in common than not.

I'm so over the "light vs. darkness" and "uneasy allies" crap. it's pretentious and not nearly as interesting as some writers think it is. Conflict can work because friends still fight once and a while, but you can't sustain it too long without making one (or both) look really dumb and immature.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bros and that includes the occasional fighting

Bros for life, using their team-ups in Batman: Brave and the Bold as the template.

If they would dial back Bruce's, well, sociopathic tendencies he keeps gaining more of in the modern day (barring a few writers), I'd do the bros thing.

As it stands right now, I'm surprised anyone wants to associated with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If they would dial back Bruce's, well, sociopathic tendencies he keeps gaining more of in the modern day (barring a few writers), I'd do the bros thing.

As it stands right now, I'm surprised anyone wants to associated with him.
    Well, yeah. In JL he's often treated as a useful lunatic rather than a valued team mate. :/

So where should Batman be? They have been making his way to paranoid.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So where should Batman be? They have been making his way to paranoid.
    Hairy chested love God who has his **** more or less figured out.

I am 100% ok with a full continuity reboot to make this happen and cut ties with post-Crisis Batman entirely.