Page 169 of 267 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3996
    Astonishing Member

Morrison's Batman was a nice return to a mentally stable Batman that is actually a nice guy.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Morrison's Batman was a nice return to a mentally stable Batman that is actually a nice guy.
    This is why he, Dini and (occasionally) Simone are the only good post-Crisis Bat writers

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So where should Batman be? They have been making his way to paranoid.
    I'd get rid of the interpretation of "Batman is the real one, Bruce is the mask" and probably have him written as a mix of Adam West and the Bronze Age. Someone who mostly rose above the murder of his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd get rid of the interpretation of "Batman is the real one, Bruce is the mask" and probably have him written as a mix of Adam West and the Bronze Age. Someone who mostly rose above the murder of his parents.
    Oh yeah totally. Put that crap to bed.

Ditto "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I do" though that doesn't creep up as often

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Batman is the real thing, definitely needs to go. It basically defines him as not being able to actually be a real person with a real personality.

I often wonder, how much Bruce and Batman are the same person? We keep hearing how Batman is the real version. However, we know that Bruce is really loving and care

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh yeah totally. Put that crap to bed.

Ditto "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I do" though that doesn't creep up as often
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Batman is the real thing, definitely needs to go. It basically defines him as not being able to actually be a real person with a real personality.
    Yeah, all the interpretation has done in the long-term is to is amplify Bruce's worst traits and takes away from his stated relatability

Extraordinary Member

Dick needs his own “Talia” type character.

Even both Ollie and Roy had Shado and Cheshire.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So where should Batman be? They have been making his way to paranoid.
    He's well past paranoid at this point.

Make him a functional member of society (not so much "high society", but a regular human being), not always such a dick (not Grayson), but a good guy who's thing is about scaring bad guys and trying to be a good father figure, he'd be a lot better than where he's been the last several years.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Dick needs his own “Talia” type character.

Even both Ollie and Roy had Shado and Cheshire.
    No thank you. I'd rather he continue dating heroes or even anti-heroes. He already dated people who kill. He doesn't need the villain type.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    No thank you. I'd rather he continue dating heroes or even anti-heroes. He already dated people who kill. He doesn't need the villain type.
    He needs a baby momma

Amazing Member

He needs a baby momma
    Oh no. That baby won't survive a year. Don't put that evil on us. We are just getting out of Ric.

Talia and Cheshire have some unfortunate stereotypes baked into their DNA.

Kinda late to do anything about it at this point, and I actually like them both as villains, but I don't think any more of that character type should be added to the mythos

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Talia and Cheshire have some unfortunate stereotypes baked into their DNA.

Kinda late to do anything about it at this point, and I actually like them both as villains, but I don't think any more of that character type should be added to the mythos
    I think the worse is when they tried to make Cassandra Cain that way for Tim.

I think the worse is when they tried to make Cassandra Cain that way for Tim.
    Yeah.

We have a few characters who are pretty much cemented as Dragon Ladies at this point and this is an issue with their inception (Talia, Cheshire, maybe Shiva too), so it's a little late to do anything about it now as far as the main canon goes. And they can still be great/interesting characters in that context. But let's not add anymore, and luckily that Cass thing didn't stick.