Page 175 of 267 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought Kelly was going to become the new actual Robin, after Damian died, and she came to question Bruce what happened to him. (She was tutoring him)

Controversial opinion: I miss when Selina was half-Cuban on her mother’s side.
    This makes me wonder. What if there were two robins at the same time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This makes me wonder. What if there were two robins at the same time.
    Didn’t we have that with We Are Robin

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

We've had more than one Robin at the sametime since the new 52
    We are Robin and in Rebirth we went from Damian and Tim , with Tim taking up the sidekick position besides Kate and Bruce.
    Damian and Jarro, with both taking up the sidekick position besides Bruce in different titles
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-04-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I don't really too many Batman comics but I remember at one point in either Batman the animated series or Batman Beyond that Batman had a musical made about him. Is there even a hint that happens in the comics? Like people making comics or movies about Baman and the villians

I don't really too many Batman comics but I remember at one point in either Batman the animated series or Batman Beyond that Batman had a musical made about him. Is there even a hint that happens in the comics? Like people making comics or movies about Baman and the villians
    I remember that. It was a great scene in Batman Beyond when Terry talked/forced Bruce to go to the show and Bruce is just watching and muttering 'I hate you..." Hilarious!

As for the rest... I remember a flashback or retelling in Green lantern where Charlie Vicker was involved in a Green Lantern TV show... and either he was attacked, or his brother was... or someone mistook the guy playing GL for the real one. It was kind of a footnote to the 'real' story, and i never tracked that issue down so i don't have all the details. You can see someone 'playing' Tomar-Re here.

I remember in the 90's Flash tv show, they passed a theater showing both Superman 77 and Batman 89 in a double feature...

I FEEL like this is something that Maxwell Lord would have been involved in back with the JLI days... but don't remember a specific story... It's always a bit different if there are no secret Identities known... but Marvel specifically has made a point that 'Marvel Comics' documents the adventures of various heroes in their universe.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I can add only this mafia connection doesn't add nothing to Catwoman.
    I really liked the series where she took over Gotham. Honestly, I would just in general love to see her "break bad" again for a bit. But like in a way that's still true to her character.

Her stint as mob boss worked alright. Have her beat Batman but still have some lines she won't cross.

One series that I had thought would be fun was "Selina Kyle: Henchwoman For Hire". A solo set after the failed Bat-Wedding, she just travels the world and hires herself out as a security consultant for various villains. Have the series paint her as hypercompetent, and have awesome plans that would succeed if Lex Luthor could just resist the urge the monologue at Superman.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman would make a great Green Lantern and would be happy to police sector 2814

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Batman would make a great Green Lantern and would be happy to police sector 2814
    He would be the only one happy he's policing Sector 2814. Modern interpretations of Batman are usually not cool when they get powers (usually Superman's).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman needs a Robin because they represent innocence and positivity, a reminder of what he used to be, and as such became a person to protect and groom so they won't become like him.

In this sense, they can not be replaced by just Alfred, who is already a world-weary adult with cynicism and skepticism. Alfred can be the advisor, but he couldn't be an aggressively positive force of change.

Batman is aggressively broody and constantly facing the manifestation of insanity, so just having cool, respectful, snarky Alfred isn't enough. Alfred tends to be more passive and lets Bruce learn from his own mistake, like how a father exasperated with a stubborn child.

Robins, on the other hand, is loud, honest kids who can constantly challenge him, when he turns dark.

So a Robin shouldn't be afraid of Batman, because that defeats the purpose.

Damian is different in that he already became like him way ahead of his young age, and the purpose of taking care of him is to turn him around, to reverse that bad grooming. In that sense, Damian needs a Batman more than Batman needs a Robin, but his story is supposed to be a full circle. The first Robin, now a well-adjusted, positive adult, meaning the original Batman and Robin relationship is a success, is the person Damian needs.

Of course, as usual, DC happened. Either they make Batman too annoying that even Robin can't stand and leave, or they forget that as an adult he has an obligation to raise a child, or they make Robin too scared of Batman. Usually to show how bad things get and the stakes are high, but it's getting predictable, and that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    He'd probably be better as a Yellow lantern. Except he presumably would be unwilling to work for Sinestro. Actually he'd probably be unwilling to work for the Guardians too.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman needs a Robin because they represent innocence and positivity, a reminder of what he used to be, and as such became a person to protect and groom so they won't become like him.

In this sense, they can not be replaced by just Alfred, who is already a world-weary adult with cynicism and skepticism. Alfred can be the advisor, but he couldn't be an aggressively positive force of change.

Batman is aggressively broody and constantly facing the manifestation of insanity, so just having cool, respectful, snarky Alfred isn't enough. Alfred tends to be more passive and lets Bruce learn from his own mistake, like how a father exasperated with a stubborn child.

Robins, on the other hand, is loud, honest kids who can constantly challenge him, when he turns dark.

So a Robin shouldn't be afraid of Batman, because that defeats the purpose.

Damian is different in that he already became like him way ahead of his young age, and the purpose of taking care of him is to turn him around, to reverse that bad grooming. In that sense, Damian needs a Batman more than Batman needs a Robin, but his story is supposed to be a full circle. The first Robin, now a well-adjusted, positive adult, meaning the original Batman and Robin relationship is a success, is the person Damian needs.

Of course, as usual, DC happened. Either they make Batman too annoying that even Robin can't stand and leave, or they forget that as an adult he has an obligation to raise a child, or they make Robin too scared of Batman. Usually to show how bad things get and the stakes are high, but it's getting predictable, and that's another topic.
    That's why for me Dick Batman and Damian Robin era is perfect. The journey they've made since zero, to see Damian gradually respect Dick, and to see Dick gradually understand Damian's feeling, it just beautiful.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-09-2020 at 08:38 AM.

This is why I feel at times Bruce needs Robin more than Robin needs Bruce. At least with the other Robins cases. With Damian like many have said Dick is the best one. In a sense I wonder at time if Damian should be the one training with Dick a lot more than he is with Bruce

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I personally can't stand Leslie Thompkins. I know what she's supposed to represent (that good people still live in Gotham) but she's just so self-righteous. Her naivie pacifism and constant lecturing are also extremely aggravating. On top of that, She's just not that interesting or even all that likable either.

Her story in Detective Comics #1000 really made me remember how much I dislike her.

This is why I feel at times Bruce needs Robin more than Robin needs Bruce. At least with the other Robins cases. With Damian like many have said Dick is the best one. In a sense I wonder at time if Damian should be the one training with Dick a lot more than he is with Bruce
    Not sure that's controversial. It was actually the stated reasoning behind Tim Drake picking up the mask.

I think the only one who really thinks that the Robins needed Batman is Batman himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    I personally can't stand Leslie Thompkins. I know what she's supposed to represent (that good people still live in Gotham) but she's just so self-righteous. Her naivie pacifism and constant lecturing are also extremely aggravating. On top of that, She's just not that interesting or even all that likable either.

Her story in Detective Comics #1000 really made me remember how much I dislike her.
    I never hated the character, but I've always found her to be dull and boring. She's never really felt like an important character to me no matter how hard the books try to tell us she is.

Other unpopular opinions ...

The idea that Alfred worked for Bruce's parents and took care of him when he was a little kid up until now has never felt right to me. I much prefer the old backstory where Batman and Robin are already active before Alfred comes to live with them.

Tim Drake is the best Robin.

Batman looks better in spandex with trunks than he has ever looked in armor. (The movies not withstanding.)

Joker being in love with Batman, being a force of nature, and philosophizing about how the word if mad or anyone could be mad has ruined the character. Joker being an eccentric, ego maniac gangster with a love for the theatrical is far more interesting.

The Dark Knight would have been a better movie WITHOUT Joker. Playing the mob and the police against each other, the two boats, two hostages in two locations, all of that feel like classic Two-Face plots.